All About Animals discussion

Amy Shojai
This topic is about Amy Shojai
Discuss Other Stuff Here... > Cat Writers Association Writers Conference!

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Shojai (AmyShojai) | 38 comments Just an invitation and FYI for those who write about, read about, or have interest in cats (or dogs...*s*) the Cat Writers Association (CWA) will hold our annual writers conference Nov. 1-3 (yep, next week) in Los Angeles. It's our 20th Anniversary! Woot! I'm speaking on how to "kindle-ize" your books, having done so with half a dozen of my nonfiction cat and dog titles. Also there will be a pet book autograph party by many authors, open to the public. If you're interested in getting pub'd, editors/agents will be on hand, plus seminars helpful to pet writers. See http://www.catwriters.org and say "howdy" if you decide to come!

message 2: by Barb, Founder and Moderator (new)

Barb (lv2scpbk) | 1260 comments Mod
Thanks for the info. I won't be able to come as I live on the east coast but maybe someone else will be able to make it.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane A | 8 comments East Coast here too (Rhode Island) and we are gearing up for what looks to be a very large storm. I would love to go the conference, maybe next year :)

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Shojai (AmyShojai) | 38 comments Be safe! We have some speakers (supposed) to come in from the East Coast, and hoping Frankenstorm won't cause too much awful-ness.

The past 3 years CWA was in White Plains, NY so it was time to move to the other side of the country. We're supposed to be in LA next year, too. And then will be in Dallas for two years. By the way...the contest each year (for published work) is open to non-members, too, if you have cat work published. *s*