Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Which online used-books seller do you prefer/use the most?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi,
Hopefully this is not against GoodReads policy. I just want to do a quick survey, to know which online seller do you guys prefer? Or at least buy most often? Is it
A. Alibris
B. Abebooks
C. Amazon Marketplace
D. Others: ....
E. I don't buy used-books online.

I myself have been buying many books from alibris, but recently I started to use abebooks more often.
Thanks in advance

james

message 2: by Meirav (new)

Meirav Rath | 13 comments I've never heard of Alibris and Abebooks, or about Amazon Marketplace...better start googling for them, eh? Thanks for the tip!

message 3: by Monica Granado (new)

Monica Granado I usually use the Amazon Marketplace because I've noticed that a lot of the others also sell on Amazon and often at lower prices. I pretty much search all over the place before making a purchase though :D

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 9 comments I'm a big Amazon fan I get lots of deals there.

message 5: by Alisa T (new)

Alisa T I like Bookfinder.com and Powells.com. These where the sites I used to track down books we didnot have in stock at the bookstore I worked at a few years ago.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

OK :) Thanks for all your comments. I guess Amazon Marketplace is the place to go for most of you. I'll also take a peek at Powells.com from now on.
Again, thanks.

message 7: by Krystin (new)

Krystin | 3 comments I've been using bookmooch.com alot lately. I cleaned out some old books and got some new-to-me ones! :)

message 8: by Brent (new)

Brent | 12 comments I have become a big fan of a new player called Bookwise. It is unique in my experience for several primary reasons. 1. It is soliciting feedback from the people involved to direct its development and offerings and 2. you actually have a chance to have some ownership in your own bookstore and 3. it provides some amazing training in business, relationships, and self growth. Right now they are in a process of adding thousands of additional books, movies, cds, and even video games every day into their catalogue. One idea they are currently considering is developing the capacity to find hard to find books for book lovers. They are even giving out a free classic book electronically or on audio. its found at mybookwise.com/brentcrane.

Of course as a new author my greatest appreciation of the company has been that I am working with two best selling authors through bookwise. They have become my agents, and they are giving me weekly training right now and at this point I am guaranteed to publish my manuscript. I didn't have to go through a bunch of rejection letters or anything.