TV We've Just Watched discussion

New Season Talk > 2013 TV Talk

Comments (showing 1-44 of 44) (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holli (new)

Holli Fox has released its midseason schedule, and it details the premiere dates and time slots for the new Kevin Bacon-fronted serial killer thriller The Following, Season 12 of American Idol and Season 2 of Kiefer Sutherland’s Touch.

First up, American Idol — featuring a retooled judging panel that now includes Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban (as well as, yawn, Randy Jackson) — will launch with with a two-night debut on Wednesday, Jan. 16 (8-10 pm) and Thursday, Jan. 17 (8-9 pm).

Touch, which was originally slated to return this fall, will take over Fringe‘s Friday-at-9 perch on Feb. 1. (Fringe will wrap its 13-episode final season in January.)

Lastly, The Following — starring Bacon as an FBI agent hunting down a serial killer (played by James Purefoy) — launches on Monday, Jan. 21 at 9/8c, presumably replacing the struggling Mob Doctor.

An airdate for new comedy The Goodwin Games will be announced at a later date.

message 2: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments Are they cacelling mob doctor? And what about the new mockingbird lane will it be picked up a full season?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1010 comments From what I've heard, that's possible - if the special got good ratings.

message 4: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments Good it's bad really bad.

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli That's exactly right Susanna about Mockingbird Lane. and Timothy I've heard that Mob Doctor isn't doing very well but it hasn't been cancelled yet

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I liked Mockingbird Lane enough.
Can't wait for The Following, James Purefoy, oh yes!

message 7: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments What is the following?

message 8: by Jackie (last edited Oct 27, 2012 03:25PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Serial killer
It is gonna be awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8H4ew...

message 9: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments It might be a good replacement for dexter after it is over. Is this original tv or is it based after a book series?

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments All I can find out is that the creator and executive producer of the series is Kevin Williamson. So I would think it's original and conceived for TV.

Is Dexter ending after this season? It's getting long in the tooth. lol

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli Dexter has one more season after this one

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments OK, thanks.

message 13: by Holli (last edited Oct 31, 2012 09:23AM) (new)

Holli NBC announced a new midseason schedule Tuesday, including Community's much-awaited return and the premieres of three new series.

After its anticipated Oct. 19 premiere was delayed, the cast of Community comforted us by explaining, "October 19 is a state of mind," but apparently, October 19 is also February 7! NBC revealed the cult hit's fourth season will now debut Thursday, Feb. 7.

Though the network didn't specify a timeslot, star Yvette Nicole Brown tweeted Community would be taking over 30 Rock's slot this spring. "Guys, #Community officially has an airdate: Thursday, February 7th at 8pm!" Brown wrote.

Another anticipated series return is Smash, whose sophomore season will move to Tuesdays starting this February.

Check out the full list below:

Sunday, Jan. 6
The Biggest Loser

Monday, Jan. 7
Deception* (formerly Infamous)

Tuesday, Jan. 8
Betty White's Off Their Rockers

Thursday, Jan. 10
1600 Penn*

Tuesday, Feb. 5
Smash

Thursday, Feb. 7
Community

Sunday, March 3
Celebrity Apprentice

Monday, March 25
Revolution
The Voice

Sunday, March 31
Ready for Love*

*denotes new series

message 14: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments So looking foward to community coming back.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1010 comments Does NBC seriously think Revolution going on hiatus from the end of November to the end of March makes sense? Great way to kill a series' momentum.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli That's what I was thinking Susanna.....

message 17: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments The Following (with Kevin Bacon) looks good.

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments For sure! It's the one I'm most looking forward to. Not much of a Bacon fan, except on my plate, but I LOVE Purefoy. Can't wait to see him play such a psycho.

message 19: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments I have all ten episodes of revolution on my dvr I just hope the break does'nt kill it like it did with the event. Now as for the following it does look good so I will it for my dvr.

message 20: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I am looking forward to The Following. Hope the network gives it a chance.

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments FOX is slightly better than the others. I'm hopeful.

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli NBC officially passed on making Mockingbird Lane a series

message 23: by Holli (new)

Holli There are more than a dozen scripted programs debuting in early 2013, including Kevin Bacon’s series television debut, a new riff on Jekyll and Hyde and a look at Carrie Bradshaw’s fabulous high school years. To help you plan your viewing/re-prioritize your DVR, TVLine is offering First Impressions of several of the new shows. First up on our list…

THE SHOW | NBC’s Deception (Mondays at 10/9c, premiering Jan. 7)

THE COMPETITION | Castle (ABC), Hawaii Five-0 (CBS), Lost Girl (Syfy) and Monday Mornings (new, TNT)

THE CAST | Meagan Good (Californication), Laz Alonso (Breakout Kings), Victor Garber (Alias), Wes Brown (True Blood), Tate Donovan (Damages), Katherine LaNasa (Justice) and Ella Rae Peck (Gossip Girl)

THE SET-UP | Did you hear the one about the young woman who infiltrates the inner circle of a wealthy New York family that resides in a waterside mansion, to seek justice — revenge, if you will — for the wrongful death of a loved one? In this instance, you have Good playing Joanna Locasto, an NYPD detective recruited by the FBI to embed herself within the Bowers family, whom she lived alongside as a kid as the daughter of the housekeeper. Her mission: to uncover the truth behind the fishy fatal overdose of her onetime bestie, Bowers black sheep Vivian. Garber plays family patriarch Robert, Donovan and Brown his sons Edward and Julian, while Alonso is Joanna’s FBI liaison/onetime flame, Will Moreno.

THE FIRST IMPRESSION | Deception is most aptly likened to Season 1 of ABC’s Revenge, when things were more quaint and focused. Plus, it offers a better sense of place, having been actually filmed in New York (versus Los Angeles). Good has nice chemistry with whichever men they point her way and all told is solid as the lead if a bit passive, though that is perhaps a byproduct of undercover Joanna’s need to be low-key; similarly, Garber doesn’t get much shading until the final moments of Episode 2. Donovan steals scenes as a haughty snob, once suspected of a years-ago murder, who is the most wary of Joanna’s sudden reentry into this world; Brown pops some as Joanna’s hard-partying crush from back in the day; and Peck eerily channels Amber Heard as teenage Mia. Alonso makes the most of that rare TV role — The Smart Supervising Lawman — and LaNasa, after a stilted intro, soon enough lets loose as Robert’s missus.
Yes, there are leaps of logic to be sustained (Joanna crashing with the Bowers fam after 17 years away is barely justified, and her “small talk” at the manse tiptoes just this side of “conspicuous interrogation”), and I hope to God this isn’t TV’s umpteenth case of “Someone died because they got wind of a falsified drug trial!” But Deception stands to land squarely in the “guilty pleasure” sweet spot, perhaps only to be unseated by fellow NBC newbie Do No Harm (bowing Jan. 31).

THE TVLINE BOTTOM LINE | NBC boss Robert Greenblatt told me he entirely expects to take a ratings hit on Mondays, with The Voice between cycles and Revolution on hiatus until late March. Even so, Deception‘s numbers may test the Peacock’s patience, with a soft lead-in from the creaky Biggest Loser (which might pull half of The Voice‘s numbers) and pitted against Castle and Five-0.

message 24: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments Enough of reality tv please it makes my head hurts.

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments As you all know, I am no fan of reality TV, so it pains me to say this: My niece will be on the premiere episode of Wife Swap on ABC March 21st.
I'll watch it because my niece Marissa is crazy funny. It should be entertaining.

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Jackie wrote: "As you all know, I am no fan of reality TV, so it pains me to say this: My niece will be on the premiere episode of Wife Swap on ABC March 21st.
I'll watch it because my niece Marissa is crazy fun..."

I'm not a fan of the show, but I'll try to catch that episode!

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Thanks, I just hope they don't edit it too much, she's totally outrageous and hilarious.

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli How cool Jackie!

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments She's been trying to get on these shows for a while, she auditioned for Real Housewives of Las Vegas but didn't get it. It's cool for her, probably embarrassing for our family, lol

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments Jackie wrote: "She's been trying to get on these shows for a while, she auditioned for Real Housewives of Las Vegas but didn't get it. It's cool for her, probably embarrassing for our family, lol"

I relate, my brother in law was on Survivor Africa and Allstars, and I ended up watching only because of him, not my favorite for sure!

message 31: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (last edited Mar 12, 2013 11:47AM) (new)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1010 comments Ethan, Lex, or Big Tom?

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments Lex

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) Anyone know anything about the History channel's Vikings series?

message 35: by Holli (new)

Holli That's already started I believe Jim....

Here are the episodes that have aired already and when they are re-airing if you've missed them starting with the most recent episode

Dispossessed
Premiere Date:March 17, 2013 - 10:00-11:00PM
A monastery in Lindesfarne is about to get a firsthand look at how the Vikings operate. In and out in a flurry of violence and terror, Ragnar and his crew raid the monastery for everything it contains, from treasure to monks who can be sold as slaves. Unable to ignore the riches this unsanctioned journey has returned, Earl Haraldson has no choice but to agree to let these warriors undertake a second trip out. The West has now been opened for the taking by Ragnar Lothbrok, and the world of the Vikings will never be the same.

Upcoming Airings:
March 17, 2013 - 11:01-12:01AM
March 18, 2013 - 02:01-03:01AM
March 18, 2013 - 03:02-04:02AM
March 19, 2013 - 10:00-11:00PM
March 20, 2013 - 02:01-03:01AM
March 24, 2013 - 01:00-02:00PM

Wrath of the Northmen
Premiere Date:March 10, 2013 - 10:00-11:00PM
The stage is set for the first journey west by Ragnar Lothbrok as he gathers a crew willing to risk their lives to travel into the unknown. Earl Haraldson's paranoia reaches new heights as it becomes apparent that trust is hard to come by in this dark era.

Upcoming Airings:
March 24, 2013 - 12:00-01:00PM

Rites of Passage
Premiere Date:March 03, 2013 - 10:00-11:00PM
In 8th century Scandinavia, Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel) is a warrior and a farmer who dreams of finding riches by bucking the tradition of raiding to the east. Ragnar has been working in secret on a project that will turn the Viking world on its head. But first Ragnar must convince the leader of his community, the powerful Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), who is none too happy to share in the renown that this journey could bring to Ragnar if it's successful.

Upcoming Airings:
March 24, 2013 - 11:00-12:00PM

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Jim, I watched the first one...and dumped it. Not very good, nothing historical, just some soap opera drama coming up by the way the first ep went.

message 37: by Jim (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) Thanks, Holli. Jackie knows my tastes pretty well & shares them, so if she dumped it, I won't bother trying it. I just happened to see an ad for it on YouTube today.

message 38: by Jackie (last edited Mar 15, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Ant saw the preview and wanted to see it, but even said Soap Opera! lol The previews did look good though.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1010 comments Jackie wrote: "Jim, I watched the first one...and dumped it. Not very good, nothing historical, just some soap opera drama coming up by the way the first ep went."

I clicked past it the other night, and that's what it looked like to me, as well.

message 40: by Jackie (last edited Mar 15, 2013 11:03AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm interested in the time period, it's highly interesting and not enough has been done on the Vikings, so it was an utter let down to see it done this way.

message 41: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I'm looking forward to Cold Justice, which premieres on TNT in September. Two female investigators take on a real cold case each episode and try to solve it. One of the investigators, Kelly Siegler, was a legendary prosecutor in Houston/Harris County.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1010 comments That sounds interesting.

message 43: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 108 comments Premieres this week, 9/22 to 9/28 (extracted from a CliqueClack email):

SUNDAY
China, IL - Season premiere

MONDAY
How I Met Your Mother - Season premiere
The Voice - Season premiere
2 Broke Girls - Season premiere
Mom - Series premiere (CBS)
The Blacklist - Series premiere (NBC)
Castle - Season premiere
Hostages - Series premiere (CBS)

TUESDAY
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Series premiere (ABC)
NCIS - Season premiere
NCIS: Los Angeles - Season premiere
The Goldbergs - Series premiere (ABC)
Trophy Wife - Series premiere (ABC)
Fangasm - Series premiere (Syfy)
Lucky 7 - Series premiere (ABC)
Person of Interest - Season premiere (CBS)
Chicago Fire - Season premiere

WEDNESDAY
The Middle - Season premiere
Revolution - Season premiere
Back in the Game - Series premiere (ABC)
Criminal Minds - Season premiere
Law & Order: SVU - Season premiere
Modern Family - Season premiere
CSI - Season premiere
Nashville - Season premiere
South Park - Season premiere

THURSDAY
The Big Bang Theory - Season premiere
Parks & Recreation - Season premiere
Glee - Season premiere
Grey's Anatomy - Season premiere
The Crazy Ones - Series premiere (CBS)
The Michael J. Fox Show - Series premiere (NBC)
Two and a Half Men - Season premiere
Elementary - Season premiere
Parenthood - Season premiere

FRIDAY
Masterchef: Junior Edition - Series premiere (FOX)
Undercover Boss - Season premiere
Dateline NBC - Season premiere
Hawaii Five-0 - Season premiere
Blue Bloods - Season premiere

SATURDAY
48 Hours - Season premiere
Saturday Night Live - Season premiere

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments TY, Randy.