Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

All About Love (Cynster, #6)
This topic is about All About Love
Achieved: Series Reads > All About Love (Cynster #6) by Stephanie Laurens, start date November 10

Comments (showing 1-50 of 137) (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Oct 26, 2012 04:45AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4173 comments

All About Love by Stephanie Laurens

We're continuing on with the Cynster family! Drop by to answer some questions, or post some questions or just say "hi!" Be warned, there will be spoilers!

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

Goodreads Synopsis

Alasdair Cynster known to his intimates as Lucifer decides to rusticate in the country before the matchmaking skills of London′s mamas become firmly focused on him, the last unwed Cynster. But an escape to Devonshire leads him straight to his destiny in the irresistible form of Phyllida Tallent, a willful, independent beauty of means who brings all his masterful Cynster instincts rioting to the fore. Lucifer isn′t about to deny his desire for Phyllida, and he′s determined to use all his seductive skills to enjoy the benefits of destiny′s choice without submitting to the parson′s noose.

Phyllida has had a bevy of suitors, her charm and wit are well known throughout the countryside, but none of them has tempted her the way Lucifer does. His offer to teach her all about the ways of love is almost too tantalising to resist. And though she′s not yet completely surrendered, she knows only a fool stands against a Cynster...and Phyllida is no one′s fool.

message 2: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yay! I'm in :)

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments You know I'm in:)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments I wont be able to make this one, but will definitely be in for the next! (I've got in-laws here for three week in November, so limited computer & reading time) Boohoo :-(

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm in if I get me a copy :D

Phyllida... Snort. She goes good with Patience and Prudence...

message 6: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments They do have some funky names, don't they? Alathea was t all that great either LOL

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Lol nope. I think Felicity and Catriona were the best so far, but the twins have decent names :)

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Ready for this one ladies?

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Still waiting on my copy to come, ordered it over a week ago so hopefully it'll be soon. But I'm ready! :)

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Have you started? I've had the in-laws for lunch here and they are still here,it's 7:15pm. I'll probably start tomorrow morning.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Nope, the slacker who was supposed to ship my dang book only just marked it as mailed yesterday! They are not getting a good rating from me, that's for sure. 2 weeks between my order going in and them marking it as shipped... not good. So it should get here in a few more days I'm hoping :(

message 12: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm finishing up my current read today and can start tonight. Or should we wait a couple days for you, Kit?

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments It's cool if y'all go ahead and start, I'll catch up :)

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments We can wait a couple of days Kit.I haven't started yet. I woke with a headache .what about you Susan?

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments I saw that you started it Susan. I will too then

message 16: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I put it as my currently reading, but haven't opened it yet. You wanna wait? Immfine with that.

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments I don't know. It's just the three of us this time.I think we can wait or read it really slowly.:D
I read the first chapter. It was exciting started with a blast and finished with one.lol

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Hey, I was going through my books and I have duplicates of The Promise in a Kiss (Cynster, #7.5) by Stephanie Laurens, The Ideal Bride (Cynster, #11) by Stephanie Laurens, and The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10) by Stephanie Laurens, any of you guys need them for the future months?

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments The only one I don't have is 7.5 but I'm not going to read it. Can't stomach the cheating that'll come. And it would cost a lot to post them to Au:D

message 20: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Let me see if I need those, Kit and I'll let you know. I already read 7.5 :)

As for this one, I'll wait to really start it. I've got tons of other stuff I can read LOL

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments Never read 7.5, either. Only one I haven't...for same reasons...

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I read 7.5 a few years ago before I ever read any of the other ones, and really I don't remember the cheating, it wasn't until we started these buddy reads and Scandal's birth situation came up that I 'learned' of it. Maybe it was just my bad memory making me forget, but I don't think it was ever really brought up in detail or anything... I don't know. I'm going to re-read it when it comes time, but I can do it on my own if you guys aren't into that one. But I gotta re-read it just to refresh my memory or it's gonna bug me, lol.
I looked up shipping costs from here to Australia, it's around $10 for a small package around 8-9 oz which is I think roughly what it might weigh lol. At first it showed me global express mail prices, like 60 some dollars, I was like, whoa! I guess it is expensive to ship there! Lol, then I noticed where I could change the mailing options and found first class international which was the more realistic price lol.
Ok girls, just lemme know! :D

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I am very anti-cheating in my reading and I read it and finished it, so there must not have been any LOL I think the cheating came later and was only discussed in the other books. Helena and Sylvester meet in this book and they fall in love. :)

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I am very anti-cheating in my reading and I read it and finished it, so there must not have been any LOL I think the cheating came later and was only discussed in the other books. Helena and Sylves..."

I know the cheating doesn't happen in the book but knowing that it happens make the love story a bit ... I don't know shady or maybe pointless ?!

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments You do have a point, I think it would be kinda weird to have a book all about how a couple meets and falls in love and gets married, only for the hero to cheat in the end. But I don't remember it! Sigh. Damn those Cynster bastards anyway... :D

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I do see your point, shosho. I guess I'm glad I read this first, before I knew he cheated LOL

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments I started 2 other books this morning one audio and one for a challenge .
I will do the first set of Qs .we are doing formal Qs, right?

Any news on the book Kit?

message 28: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'll do the second set of questions.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Yea, I still want to do q's. :)

No news yet, didn't get a single thing in the mail today, not even junk mail. Maybe tomorrow...

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments It is Veteran's Day today in the States; no mail today.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Oh, durp, I shoulda known that. :O

message 32: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments OK, so I'm starting this this morning cause I need to read something that I know is good and I'll like it. But, I've got to stop and ask y'all....why? Why would he want a married woman to sleep with? I'm like on page 3 (LOL) and he's complaining in his head about having to be abstinent while in this little village cause he knows he won't be able to find "any local lady with whom to dally - a married one who met his exacting standards and with whom he could ease the persistent itch all Cynsters were prey to"

Since family is so important to the Cynsters and they only marry for love, why would he want to tear a family apart by sleeping with a married woman?

Back to your reading. I feel much better now LOL

message 33: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 359 comments Lurker here. I can answer your question, Susan. It was common back in the day for husbands and wives in the wealthy class to go their own ways once they had "done their duty" so to speak by producing an heir to the title/property (and a "spare" was also a good thing). It was more or less the norm to take a lover. As long as people were discreet, it was acceptable. So he wouldn't have torn a family apart. Divorce in those days was extremely difficult and expensive. Marriage was for money and position, so many people did their duty to their family. Once that was done, they were free to conduct discreet affairs.

message 34: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments thanks for clearing that up for me, Sandra :)

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments I've been really bad , I've read one book each day in last 10 days or so!It's summer here and we don't have a lot to do at work.
I'm going to start reading chapter 2 now and I will stop after chapter 5 and probably will do the Qs before leaving work today.

message 36: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "OK, so I'm starting this this morning cause I need to read something that I know is good and I'll like it. But, I've got to stop and ask y'all....why? Why would he want a married woman to sleep wi..."

Susan about that , I thought exactly the same thing when I read that and in the previous books. He is the only Cynster that was mentioned to have dallied with married women.I think all the others were with widows or mistresses .I think it might have a significance or it might be the reason he's got his nickname.what do you think?

message 37: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Aha! You could be right, Shosho! That would be a good reason for the name.

As for you reading a boom a day, I've been doing the same thing lol I'm still on my Harlequin kick and dying to read another lol

And since you'll do through ch 5, I'll stop after that chapter too and wait for your questions. I'll go find a Harlequin to entertain me ;)

message 38: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Nov 14, 2012 12:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Shosho’s questions for chapters 1-5

1-Do you think that his dallying with married women could be the reason for his nickname Lucifer? I’m not a fan of this; it is adultery even if it was common at that era! In most historical romances the heroes say that they have anything to do with married women, it’s really rare that they do.

2-What do you think about the murder? Do you have any suspect so far? Do you think the item Horatio had acquired recently was the reason for his murder? Can it be the writing desk?any thoughts on the hat?(this question in itself is 5 different ones.lol)

3-It seems there some kind of mystery behind Martha’s garden; there is just too much emphasis on it .any ideas?

4-What is your impression of Phyllida? I really like her , she seems like a strong heroine and she is cool and composed. I liked how she handled their first kiss and it was good one. Their first meeting was quite impressive with her hitting him on the head and I loved that the first thing he said was “It was you”.

5-How long do you think it will take him to realize that he’s found his own “curse”? lol So far he is in denial. He thinks his attraction is the result of the hit to his head.

6-She is keeping her oath, I think she should just ignore it and tell him what’s going on. The murder is more important than the letters. What would you have done?

7-what was that conversation she had with Filing? She wants him to assume it was about an excursion for Filing's parishioners.

8-What an ass! I mean the cousin, Percy. I was hoping Lucifer would drop him in lake or something. Is he just an ass or is there anything more to him? Is going to be trouble?

9-She's got more than a few men after her hand.her reason for not accepting any of them was interesting . Thoughts?

message 39: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Added another Q

message 40: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Let me try this again...my computer froze at answer #5 LOL

Susan's Answers to Shosho’s questions for chapters 1-5

1-Do you think that his dallying with married women could be the reason for his nickname Lucifer? I’m not a fan of this; it is adultery even if it was common at that era! In most historical romances the heroes say that they have anything to do with married women, it’s really rare that they do.yes, I think it could be. I'm not a fan of that either and even though it was common practice for married couples to sleep around, I find it odd that a Cynster would do that with their strong familial ties

2-What do you think about the murder? Do you have any suspect so far? Do you think the item Horatio had acquired recently was the reason for his murder? Can it be the writing desk?any thoughts on the hat?(this question in itself is 5 different ones.lol)NO CLUE LOL I think the desk could be the thing and I think the hat belongs to the murderer

3-It seems there some kind of mystery behind Martha’s garden; there is just too much emphasis on it .any ideas? Maybe the clue is in the garden. It does seem odd that he recreated a garden his wife made

4-What is your impression of Phyllida? I really like her , she seems like a strong heroine and she is cool and composed. I liked how she handled their first kiss and it was good one. Their first meeting was quite impressive with her hitting him on the head and I loved that the first thing he said was “It was you”. I LOVED that those were his first words to her and he thought of her as his guardian angel. I had to laugh though. She's 24 and has been "running" the village for the last 12 years. SINCE SHE WAS 12??? That's sort of like the last heroine in this series who was in control of the family money since she was 18. Totally unbelievable

5-How long do you think it will take him to realize that he’s found his own “curse”? lol So far he is in denial. He thinks his attraction is the result of the hit to his head.I think he's in denial cause he felt "branded" by her touch. How could he not know?

6-She is keeping her oath, I think she should just ignore it and tell him what’s going on. The murder is more important than the letters. What would you have done? I would have blabbed and not asked Mary Ann LOL

7-what was that conversation she had with Filing? She wants him to assume it was about an excursion for Filing's parishioners. That was kind of fishy. Of course, there's bound to be a reasonable excuse for it

8-What an ass! I mean the cousin, Percy. I was hoping Lucifer would drop him in lake or something. Is he just an ass or is there anything more to him? Is going to be trouble? I wanted Lucifer to beat him! Yes, I think he'll be trouble.

9-She's got more than a few men after her hand.her reason for not accepting any of them was interesting . Thoughts? I did find it interesting that she's so responsible and smart and yet romantic, wanting to marry for love. Good for her for not caving and marrying just because it would be a good match

message 41: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments I believe SL can write pretty good vampires or shapshifter.

message 42: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ShoSho wrote: "I believe SL can write pretty good vampires or shapshifter."

what makes you say that?

message 43: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Nov 14, 2012 04:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments It started with Devil I think. The way he was always pouncing and after his prey and stuff.can't remember the exact wording but I thought he could be changeling. And all of the Cynsters have good night vision.in all the books so far there were moments like this that I've thought this can be a paranormal. Do I make sense? Had this occurred to you?

message 44: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments HAHA I get it now. It didn't occur to me, but you're right. They all have a sixth sense when it comes to their beloved and they do advance on them like they're prey.

message 45: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments ShoSho wrote: "It started with Devil I think. The way he was always pouncing and after his prey and stuff."

FOFLMBO! Good one, ShoSho!

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Lol I can see it! That's funny stuff

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Gah ,I got to work 45 mins ago and my co-worker has been nagging about the boss for that whole time!!!(boss got the day off) I just want to tell him shut up and let me check my GR and emails!
I read chapter 6 last night which was reallllly interesting and going to start chapter 7 if he just let me.

message 48: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Nov 14, 2012 04:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12108 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "HAHA I get it now. It didn't occur to me, but you're right. They all have a sixth sense when it comes to their beloved and they do advance on them like they're prey."

See they are already PRN material:D

message 49: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (last edited Nov 14, 2012 01:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I've spent the day baking with my daughter so I've only gotten a little reading done today. I'm starting chapter 8 in just a few minutes. We've got church tonight and my head is hurting. BLAH. It's one of those evenings ;)

And I meant to add that the daughter I baked with is complaining about church cause XFactor is on tonight and she doesn't want to miss it LOL

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Woot! Book came, gotta finish Princess Bride (which I'm close, so should be tonight) and I'll be diving in :D

« previous 1 3