Science and Inquiry discussion

A Short History of Nearly Everything
Book Club 2011 > The March winner Is: A Short History of Nearly Everything

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Stéphanie (new) - added it

Stéphanie (stephlrx) | 3 comments I started reading this book yesterday. So far I'm enjoying it.

message 4: by Rshives (new) - added it

Rshives | 1 comments Just purchased it on Amazon. Should be on my Kindle in a few minutes. Looking forward to reading it.

Marti (stufsocker) Ah, Bill Bryson. I read the first 350 pages on one lazy Saturday and then went into a panic that we were all going to die from asteroid strikes, Yellowstone erupting, and our own stupidity simultaneously. I'm feeling much better now.

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 10 comments Marti wrote: "Ah, Bill Bryson. I read the first 350 pages on one lazy Saturday and then went into a panic that we were all going to die from asteroid strikes, Yellowstone erupting, and our own stupidity simulta..."

I felt the same thing about bears after reading A Walk in the Woods. ;)

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) Just dug it out of Mt. TBR - should be able to read it within a few days.

message 8: by Kenny (new)

Kenny Chaffin (kennychaffin) Excellent book!

message 9: by Kenny (new)

Kenny Chaffin (kennychaffin) Jill wrote: "Marti wrote: "Ah, Bill Bryson. I read the first 350 pages on one lazy Saturday and then went into a panic that we were all going to die from asteroid strikes, Yellowstone erupting, and our own stu..."

Yeah, he's quite the Alarmist!!