The Dark Mythology discussion

I Choose You.....

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Ok, since this question is way too broad to be a poll question, I was curious;

If you were to die by any mythological creature [we'll just assume that all of them exist in current time period:], who/what would you rather be killed by?

Personally I would, if by land, would rather be taken by a Manticore and if by sea, definitley go with a Megalodon. So how about you?

message 2: by Cairnraiser, Colonel Panic (new)

Cairnraiser | 12 comments Mod
Sign me up as a victim of a Succubus!

message 3: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Hey, that doesn't sound too bad at all.

message 4: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Oh i agree i'd like to be wooed by a vampire 2!

message 5: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 115 comments Mod
Yeah sure. What about the vampires that attack like rabid pit bulls and rip your throat out to drink?

They aren't all nice and romantic like Twilight or the Sookie Stackhouse stories. In fact, I find those to be the most unbelievable and most repellent.

As for dying by monster, if not a Succubus, I think Medusa would be quick.
Have to think about this one. There are so many possibilities!

message 6: by Jerrod (last edited Feb 19, 2009 07:30AM) (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) I figured that most would choose the less painful way of going, but if I'm going to die by mythological creature, I want it to be a legendary death. Blood, guts, gore, hair, teeth and eyeballs, kill, mame, destroy... you know, all that good stuff. I want to make forensics work for their money.

message 7: by Rindis (new)

Rindis | 4 comments o.0

I intend to live forever. Or die trying.

I suppose being shot by a centaur while I'm battling the minotaur who's holding the pass for the werewolves who are going to attack the castle that's being strafed by dragons.

-.-;

Or just sign me up for the succubus.

message 8: by Rindis (new)

Rindis | 4 comments You wanted to be seduced by a vampire, and you're complaining about us?

message 9: by Jerrod (last edited Feb 21, 2009 09:43AM) (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) nah, someone needs to film it. make it like a ghetto version of Dark Shadows or something.

message 10: by Josh, Major Slacker (new)

Josh | 81 comments Mod
Hmm...hard question.

Just watched the Wicker Man and I would NOT like to go as a sacrifice to some matriarchal pagan ritual. scary.
I supose if I have to go, it would be the flesh eating horses for me.

Jiaka1981 Winfield I vote with the guys, an incubus would be my choice, if i must die sreaming let it be in pleasure.

message 12: by Alan (new)

Alan Baxter | 29 comments What if the vampire in question was more like something out of 30 Days of Night? This modern emo gentleman vampire is a fairly modern invention.

But yeah, succubus, natually. No brainer really.

message 13: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm haha i totally agree with Vicki Jean!

message 14: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 80 comments Good question. Any death would be painful. I guess battling a werewolf or a dragon, since they're my faves.

message 15: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 5 comments old school vampire, where I automatically become a vamp. I'm cool with that kind of death.

message 16: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) but how would you want to die, as in non functioning, not coming back, gone for good die?

message 17: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) If its gotta be messy, then I say stage 2 of the alien cycle. Give me some chest bursting!!!

Jiaka1981 Winfield I think being killed by Medusa wouldnt be so bad. just turn to stone.

message 19: by Spooky (new)

Spooky (spooky_sez) I'm going to have to go with chupacabra.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Typhon the Greek monster cuz i think it would be less painful because it would be quick or maybe Scylla cuz then my friends would be with me LOL

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Cairnraiser wrote: "Sign me up as a victim of a Succubus!"

You know their vaginas have teeth and bite your penis off, right?

message 22: by Cairnraiser, Colonel Panic (last edited Aug 17, 2009 01:45AM) (new)

Cairnraiser | 12 comments Mod
@Christy. I beg to differ, as far as I can tell the Vagina Dentata myth is entirely separate from the Succubus myth. However, I'll take the more modern (beautiful) Succubus over the old and uglier version.

For a modern take on the Vagina Dentata, you could watch Teeth. Not for the squeamish, though!

message 23: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) you do know your talking to Christy right? Squeamish...LOL too funny.

message 24: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Oh Jerrod *blush*

I know there is one sucubbus myth with the vagina dentata, I think it was...east indian? I can't remember. I know it was mentioned in The Complete Book of Devils and Demons

message 25: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) can they be vagina dentures? Maybe take that stuff out? How about an older Sucubbus with dull teeth? Maybe that's what he's after.

message 26: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Good for him, I say.

I'm lucky if I can get anyone to have sex with me that has ANY teeth, genitals or no.

message 27: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) LOL, I doubt that. You live in CA, they fu*& everyone there.

message 28: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Everyone has their limits :(

message 29: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) your being to hard on yourself.

message 30: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I'll send you a nude photo sometime.

message 31: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Ok, I'll be looking for it.

message 32: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Hold your breath.

message 33: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) LOL, wouldn't think of it.

message 34: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Are you volunteering?

message 35: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) No, she's all talk. Were still waiting for some special pictures in another group. She's just a tease!

message 36: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (horrorshow) | 11 comments Christy wrote: "Cairnraiser wrote: "Sign me up as a victim of a Succubus!"

You know their vaginas have teeth and bite your penis off, right?"

Awright then, I vote for a succubus with a REALLY bad dental plan and who refuses to floss 'down there' until her teeth falls out.

message 37: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Jerrod wrote: "No, she's all talk. Were still waiting for some special pictures in another group. She's just a tease!"

Vicki! How could you? You're giving all of women a bad name. Whip em' out!

message 38: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) *sniff* *sniff* I smell bull$41t

message 39: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Stand in your yard and we'll Google World View you.

message 40: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) mmmm... check the bottom of your shoes then.