Diana Wynne Jones Fans discussion

The Author > Podcast - Diana Wynne Jones discussion

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.G. (new)

P.G. Bell I hope the mods don't mind me self-promoting for a moment, but I thought the group might like to know I recently chaired a spirited discussion on Diana Wynne Jones, her books and her life.

We assembled a group of life-long fantasy fans to discuss her place amongst the greats of children's literature (including the Harry Potter-shaped elephant in the room), try to decipher why she isn't a household name, and run through our favourite and least-favourite DWJ books. We also use 'Howl's Moving Castle' as a jumping-off point to explore the themes and techniques of her work in general.

Please do have a listen and feel free to leave feedback, either here or on the site. I'd love to hear what other DWJ fans make of our findings!

Click here for the podcast site: http://www.impossiblepodcasts.com/201...

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (calmgrove) | 118 comments Looking forward to listening to this! Thanks for the link.

message 3: by Zach (new)

Zach Sparks (rykien) | 32 comments I just recently listened to this podcast and I just want to say that it was brilliant, I loved the energy that you guys had going throughout, and I found myself laughing more than I thought I would.