The Next Best Book Club discussion

Personal Reading Goals > Beth Ann's pathetic reading goals

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth Ann (new)

Beth Ann (bagrover) Okay, so I was all proud of myself for setting my goal for this year, I even started a blog. Man, I feel so pathetic now! Most of you are reading like 1oo books! You guys are so awesome! My goal is so pathetic, I really want to read at least 30 books this year. For me that's at least 2 books a month. I'm a slow reader. Anyway, that's my goal, pathetic as it is. I think the 100 books is absolutly amazing, you guyss really rock!

Here's my blog with my reading goal.

www.bethanncanread.blogspot.com

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Aww Beth Ann! You're not pathetic! 30 books is a great goal. Any amount that you read is better than nothing! :)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) For real, I completely agree! Some of us do have more free time than others anyhow.

Do you realize some people don't read even one book every year??

I read 30 books last year, I'm just trying to ramp it up. Being on GR will do that to you.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9634 comments Mod
Dont knock your goal! You should be proud of it! Like Laura said, some people have more time on their hands...... I think that is a great goal!

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 329 comments That's about all I read last year, Beth Ann. Nothing to be ashamed of.

message 6: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) I only read 34, probably would have read less had I not joined TNBBC in September.

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki For years I have read a lot less. It is only now I have gotten control over work. life and reading time, so no worries. Best of luck with your goal!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather (hsditto) Beth Ann, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! I average about 2 - 3 books a month. And I think my total for last year was somewhere around 37 or so. That's about all I can manage right now, what with little ones and all. But I'm happy with that, and you should be too! What's most important is that you are reading and enjoying yourself - don't stress over the numbers :)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments Beth Ann - you have way more company than you thought! I'm also just trying to get 2-3 books a month! With working full time, a husband, and two busy daughters in lots of activities but not able to drive yet, MY time comes at 10:00 pm - and getting cozy and comfy means battling the sleepies to stay awake to read!

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) Making a goal to read anything at all is awesome: everyone is so busy these days, making time for yourself to read is an awesome goal in itself, who cares how much you read as long as you enjoy the time you spend doing so?

message 11: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments I think reading any at all is great! I wish everyone would have a goal of 30 books a year. There are so many lonely books out there who need to be loved:)

message 12: by Selena (new)

Selena (selenacurrently) Making a goal is a great way to start. And for some reasons, I find that a blog keeps me on top of my game. Somehow, I can't slip up when I know I've a blog to update!

Best of luck to you!

message 13: by Beth Ann (new)

Beth Ann (bagrover) You guys are so awesome, I definatly don't feel so pathetic anymore. Thanks so much!

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Anytime! :)

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori I think reading 30 books in one year is a perfectly realistic goal! In fact, I should probably take a few pointers from you. I hope you accomplish it.

message 16: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (klonk) No, nothing to be ashamed of. My brother, who's 16, never read anything other than what he has to read for school. That's why I'm so proud and happy that he during December 2008 and January 2009 read the first Lord of the Ring book, and now will start on the second. That's more than he usually reads. :)

message 17: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments becky, what did you read this year?