Chick Lit Book Club discussion

Archive > What books have you read in October?

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments Give me the best and the worst or anything in between.

message 2: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments This month I read A Discovery of Witches and Enchanted, Inc.. Both great books. Both are also the first of series.

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson

message 3: by Kelsie (last edited Oct 24, 2012 05:56AM) (new)

Kelsie (gar0190) This month I read Wish, Let's Meet on Platform 8, Midnight in Austenland, & I am currently reading Remembrance.

Wish was good. Midnight in Austenland was enjoyable. However, Let's Meet on Platform 8 was my worst read of 2012 so far! Remembrance is only OK right now.

Wish (Wish, #1) by Alexandra Bullen Let's Meet on Platform 8 by Carole Matthews Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1) by Michelle Madow

message 4: by Maggie (last edited Oct 24, 2012 06:31AM) (new)

Maggie (mrsmcghee33107) Wake #1 in Watersong Series. Very enjoyable.
I had a slow month this month. :(
Wake (Watersong, #1) by Amanda Hocking

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Heaven is for Real A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10) by Sara Shepard
3 Stars for Heaven is for Real (didn't really live up to the hype for me), and 4 stars as always for Pretty Little Liars (I love this series!!!)

message 6: by Chelsi (last edited Oct 27, 2012 10:55PM) (new)

Chelsi | 47 comments I read The Tea Rose (The Tea Rose, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly *****
Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie****
Pledged The Secret Life of Sororities by Alexandra Robbins****
Neither Here Nor There Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson***
Angela's Ashes A Memoir by Frank McCourt****
Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel**

Currently reading:
Unravelling by Elizabeth Graver

✎Stacey "The One Night Biter" The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro, #2) by Nora Roberts Reading now. So many books, so little time . . . . . . . .

message 8: by Meaghan (last edited Oct 24, 2012 09:48AM) (new)

Meaghan (meagsbooknook) | 23 comments This month I read The Light Between Oceans and Sharp Objects.

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman

I loved Sharp Objects and would recommend it to anyone. But I didn't like the way Light Between Oceans ended but that is just my personal opinion. I did think it was a good book though.

message 9: by Melissa (last edited Oct 24, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Melissa I read The Doula, Love Anthony, Forgotten, and I Heart Hollywood.

I am currently reading Sister.

message 10: by TamElaine (new)

TamElaine I've read Before the StormSecrets She Left Behind and The Escape Artist all by Diane Chamberlain, then I've also read Love Anthony by Lisa Genova and Where We Belong by Emily Griffin

It has been a good month !!! I'm currently ready to start The Courage Tree

message 11: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments I've already posted my best for the month, but I have to throw in that I read The Great Gatsby and really wanted to love it, but I just could not love it. I just don't get it. :/ I didn't think any of the characters were likable at all. So many people claim this to be a favorite and I just can't figure out what I missed.

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Stacey wrote: "The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro, #2) by Nora Roberts Reading now. So many books, so little time . . . . . . . ."

I love that series!

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin I just started Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1) by Wendy Corsi Staub by Wendy Corsi Staub. It's a great suspense/thriller perfect in time for Halloween!

message 14: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (ohhowsheglows) This month I have read Reason to Breathe, and Barely Breathing, a Rebecca Donovan series. And I am currently reading The dead don't Dance. All 3 are very good books.

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen Cameron (kjcall) | 30 comments This month I have read Timeline, Death on Tour, Where we Belong, Malice in Maggody, sleeping arrangements, & 11/22/63.

message 16: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) Psycho, a monster calls, Rosemary's baby, carrie, a ghost at crutch field hall, etc.

message 18: by Juliet (new)

Juliet (jujuzz) Finished a few books this month:
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley The Black Lyon (Montgomery #1) by Jude Deveraux The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1) by Meg Cabot Atomic Summer by Elaine D. Walsh

The Rose Garden and The Peach Keeper are definitely highly recommended.

I'm currently reading Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. Hopefully to finish up before Wednesday.