Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > Boonsboro News

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Miss Kim (last edited Feb 16, 2009 01:34PM) (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Her Inn is open now. I checked out the site, and she does have couple-themed rooms.

Eve and Roarke are her only characters, but I think it is kind of cool.

I love Westley and Buttercup from Princess Bride. How cute!

http://www.innboonsboro.com/

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) My manager is going to Boonsboro tomorrow for a confrence, I told her to beeb the horn and holler out the window, "Hey Nora, Sherry says Hi!" LOL

Seriously, I would love to see the Inn!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Lovely rooms but who pays $250-$300 a night anymore?

message 4: by Miss Kim (last edited Apr 14, 2009 01:46PM) (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Briansgirl wrote: "Lovely rooms but who pays $250-$300 a night anymore?"

Totally agree with that briansgirl!

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 54 comments I just looked at this site.. I love the Eve and Roarke bathroom, I would go just for that shower. OMG. I can totally see Roarke indulging and owning a shower like that. Wow.

message 6: by Djenii (new)

Djenii (BookQueeen) | 5 comments Looks amazing !

message 7: by Talya (new)

Talya | 675 comments Mod
I was just there yesterday!
My friend and I went to Nora's booksigning for the new book The Next Always at Turn the Page, then went to check out the Inn. Though it was snowing like crazy, everything in Boonsboro was so charming and beautiful, like in a book. The Inn is really charming.
Btw, reading The Next Always now, really enjoying the Montgomery brothers :-)

message 8: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 63 comments Oh how I envy you Talya....I have to wait for The Next Always. I love Nora's books set in small towns. She makes the town a character in the story which is an amazing talent. I can't wait to see what you have to say about the new book

message 9: by Talya (new)

Talya | 675 comments Mod
Oh Kesha, I think you're gonna love it.
Especially if you're a fan of the bride quartet.
This is very lovely and cozy like that series, except it's men, and instead of weddings it's all about a beautiful hotel rehab and construction, as well as architecture and the details that go into all of it.

And the little over an hour ride from DC to the mountains of Boonsboro was totally worth the snowy trip.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer C I am going to start it tonight. I can't wait. :)

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Got the book this morning and couldn't put it down LOL. Almost wept when I saw that we won't get the next one til May 2012....I'm DYING to stay in the Titania/Oberon room.......gorgeous! Mayhaps I should start playing the lottery ^,~

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan | 62 comments Still waiting for a copy to come into the library..........

message 13: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 63 comments I am planning on reading this one over thanksgiving. It'll be a reward for taking the first part of the CPA exam :)

message 14: by Talya (new)

Talya | 675 comments Mod
Congrats on going for your CPA Kesha!
Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, and the longer you wait to read The Next Always, the less time waiting for the next book, The last Boyfriend :O)

message 15: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Wow, what a gorgeous Inn, I can't believe everything is the same as in The Next Always, love it! I'm going to do a reread now with these new visuals in my head!

message 16: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 63 comments Thanks Talya! Do you know when the next one is being released?

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 4166 comments Mod
The Last Boyfriend is scheduled for release on May 1, 2012.

message 18: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 63 comments Thanks Jonetta :)

message 19: by Talya (new)

Talya | 675 comments Mod
Yep Owen's story is coming out May 2012, and the third book, Ryders story - The Perfect Hope is slated for November 2012.

message 20: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 6 comments Well, I guess we know which brother the new innkeeper Hope ends up with:)

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer C I finished the book over the weekend and LOVED it. I can't wait for the next one. I am really looking forward to Ryder's story. He was my favorite of the three brothers.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i too finished the book and it was fantastic! i really loved it and it is by far my favorite Nora book. I too cannot wait for the next one; loved all three brothers! What a bunch of hunks...even the mother and her sister were adorable

message 23: by Barb (new)

Barb Lie (Barb_L) | 10 comments I loved it too. I will put up a review at the end of the week. Love the third book title. the perfect hope. lol

message 24: by Talya (new)

Talya | 675 comments Mod
Christine US wrote: "Well, I guess we know which brother the new innkeeper Hope ends up with:)"

Lol, it's pretty obvious (and super cute) when Hope first sees Ryder. I love when Nora does that, the hero/heroine having that instant love moment and getting all flustered.

message 25: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments I love that Ryder clearly doesn't reciprocate her feelings, I'm sure he'll all hard when the time comes!

message 26: by Barb (new)

Barb Lie (Barb_L) | 10 comments Yeah me too, Ryder keeps calling her the innkeeper. Hope will be the perfect person to put him in his place.

message 27: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 6 comments I finished the book yesterday and enjoyed it...except for one aspect. Does anyone else feel that Sam was unnecessary? I feel like she could've told the story of Beckett & Clare without that side. (I tried to ask the question as best I could without adding a spoiler)

message 28: by Barb (new)

Barb Lie (Barb_L) | 10 comments Christine US wrote: "I finished the book yesterday and enjoyed it...except for one aspect. Does anyone else feel that Sam was unnecessary? I feel like she could've told the story of Beckett & Clare without that side...."

true, but almost all these stories have a bad element, and sam was it.

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer C I agree with Barb. He was the token bad thing to add spice to the story. I think Sam put a fire under Beckett allowing him to believeably speed up his feelings for Clare.

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellywriter) | 24 comments I just finished the book myself and I really enjoyed it. I live in Florida but hope to make it to Boonesboro some day. I agree with Jennifer. I think Sam added a sense of urgency and gave Beckett and Clare's relationship a shove. Nora often adds a sense of suspense to her romances that I really like. I love the paranormal aspect of the Elizabet the ghost too. Reminds me of some of her earlier trilogies.

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellywriter) | 24 comments Miss Kim wrote: "Her Inn is open now. I checked out the site, and she does have couple-themed rooms.

Eve and Roarke are her only characters, but I think it is kind of cool.

I love Westley and Buttercup from Princ..."

I agree. I love the coupled themed rooms and thought the Princess Bride reference was fun. Of course she had to have an Eve and Roarke room! I'll have to check out the website. I haven't been there yet.

message 32: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 41 comments I finished the book last night and really enjoyed it! I loved the characters immediately, and the story with the Inn is so interesting. I loved Clare and Becket's love story, and look forward to the next two books to come out. As usual, Nora's trilogy rocks! Now I have to look at her website so I can see these rooms!

message 33: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments i just looked at the rooms they look amazing.. I would love to visit them.. mb one day when I can afford it.. lol

I want to get the new books but alas I am broke broke broke.. lol :( will have to wait a few months before can buy it.. :(

message 34: by Birgit (new)

Birgit (birgit_AT) | 9 comments Am I the only one who didn't like the book?
I didn't really like the characters and some elements were very similar to other stories :(

message 35: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 6 comments I did find some elements similar to other stories -- but I find that a lot of her novels remind me of each other after awhile. It didn't detract from the story to me, I still enjoyed it.

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 78 comments Stacy wrote: "I finished the book last night and really enjoyed it! I loved the characters immediately, and the story with the Inn is so interesting. I loved Clare and Becket's love story, and look forward to th..."

Im about 3/4 of the way thru this first book in the
Inn series, and Im loving it!
I love Clare and Beckett's love story, its hard to put down!

message 37: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) It's great, I seriously can't wait until October for the last in the series!

message 38: by Kerri (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:22PM) (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I know Shelly! The problem with a NR series is the time between releases. Hate that!

message 39: by Joy (new)

Joy I agree Kerri! lol

message 40: by Melissa (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 78 comments I agree with everyone! - and it would be too tempting to "Wait to Read" them until.. all 3 are out !

message 41: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I thought about doing that, but the cover was so enticing, I couldn't wait! Now I'm stuck waiting for Hope and Ryder's book! We all know she's about 20 books ahead! Why can't they all be released at once!! Oh well, at least they are all released in the same year!

message 42: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments There must be some 'method to the madness' of publishing companies and their release dates, right? A few years ago, Nora's vampire trilogy, the name escapes me just now, was released a few weeks apart. I do wish that was the norm instead of the exception.

message 43: by Joy (new)

Joy ok reading all of everyone's opinions of these "Inn" books, please tell me what is the title of the first book so I can get it on my Nook Color? and thanks for your help! lol

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

The Next Always

message 45: by Joy (new)

Joy thanks Jonetta!

message 46: by Jonetta (new)

You're very welcome!

message 47: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 30 comments The Inn Boonsboro is on my to-read list ! Can't wait to get to it..

message 48: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments It is such a great series!!! I fell in love with it right away.

message 49: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 30 comments oooh, I can't wait to start this trilogy..I've had to force myself to explore other authors and I have found some that I really do enjoy, but there's something about Nora's storytelling that just pulls me in 100% and truly touches my soul. When I'm done with the trilogy I'm reading now by Lisa Kleypas (which I am enjoying) I'll be heading right back to my favorite author once again :)

message 50: by Anne (new)

Anne I read the first book, i need to get the next two, I can't to read them. I always love here stories, i just finished reading The Bride quartet series and that was really good.
Anne

« previous 1