We're the Kids of America discussion

Myspace

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments I'm not allowed to have one, and I don't want one anyway, so... I think it's just too risky. Don't get me wrong, I know you can make it private and stuff, but still....

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like Myspace. I prefer Facebook. But I don't really get the big deal over it... my mom let me have one because she said she knew I wasn't an idiot. You'd have to be dumb to get abducted because you met someone on Myspace.

message 3: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments omg no. they showed us a creeper video in school. it is possible 2 find some1 JUST BY THEIR FIRST NAME!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't see how... and I mean, so they find you... so what are they going to do? Come to your house and ask you to come see their van? Seriously? I know everyone online should be careful, but I think sometimes people make to big a deal out of it.

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments no they showed us how 2. it's scary.

and i guess....

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a Myspace because everyone else does and I'm too lazy to rebel any other way.

message 7: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments omg XD tade

JJ[All.You.Did.Was.Save.My.Life.] | 5 comments I like Myspace, I dont see the "risk" every one is talking about. If u dont give out info about your self to every one u will be ok. And u can find ppl by their first name off Myspace to.. so I dont think thats a big deal..

message 9: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments yeah i know jj u can do it anywhere.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Facebook is a lot better. I've heard it's more creeper-infested though.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

And Twitter is just flat out heaven for stalkers.

[I totes be wantin one now!!!:]

message 12: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 270 comments im not allowed to have one, but i might get one anyways. i think its really stupid, because 1. im not an idiot and 2. like over 80% of ppl abducted cuz of stuff online are girls, and of the guys that do get abducted, most are openly gay or questioning online. im in neither catergory, so the chances are pretty low

message 13: by Lacey (new)

Lacey im not allowed to have a myspace, but who gives. i have one and ive had one since i was in 5th grade. and when your profile is set to private all the person can see is you pic, and how old you are..i think, tom might have changed it(tom is the creater) but if your the persons friend you can see their whole profile. ya. oh ya! and for you peeps out there that have facebooks and think myspace is worse, well your wrong. its WAY easier to well "stalk" people on facebook than it is to on myspace. well what im saying is that Myspace is safer and funner than facebook, but i have both so.. yeppz.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I stalk people on Facebook when I'm bored :D I'm joking, but I really don't see the harm...

message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments idc about the risk cuz the chances of it bing me r...low.

Zarha, the groove bringer | 67 comments I think myspace isn't too risky, obviously people shouldn't put information about themselves there, but if you refrain from that it's not dangerous.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

What, May I ask, is the difference between a site like Myspace, and Goodreads? You still have a profile on this. You still chat on this. So I don't see the difference.

Zarha, the groove bringer | 67 comments I agree, I mean, people say myspace is bad because it's a social network, but just because goodreads is for books doesn;t mean that the same things can't happen that happen on myspace, it's just about staying smart and not giving away personal info.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Facebook has WAYy more stalkers... of course this isn't from personal experience, my sister told me.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Regardless, I am sure there are some on here.

message 21: by ♥ Rachel♥ (last edited Feb 22, 2009 01:08PM) (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments yeah, but...the vast majority of ppl doesn't even know about goodreads, so....

message 22: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
Yeah, it's more...secluded, as websites go. Most people who come here are for the books, not to stalk people. It's just the type of people it would attract aren't that type mostly.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

How do you know that?

message 24: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

It's just the general impression I get from the website. I mean, no one one here really goes by sexxiihawtgirl15lol as a username. That I've seen on other social sites.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

That's true.

message 26: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments yeah xactly

message 27: by Wing-Sum (new)

Wing-Sum | 3 comments honestly facebook is better than myspace amen
they're almost the same but facebook is designed in a more userfriendly way
and you can block your account on these things so idk why people freak out about stalkers
they show those videos in school to scare you

message 28: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments should i make a facebook u guys?

message 29: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

yes! i heart it

message 30: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments ok ^^

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree with Wing-Sum and I say go for it :]

message 32: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments i made 1!!! ^_^

message 33: by Wing-Sum (new)

Wing-Sum | 3 comments haha is this rachel A or some other rachel??

message 34: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments no this is some other rachel.

message 35: by Wing-Sum (new)

Wing-Sum | 3 comments kk
just wondering

message 36: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments *nod*

message 37: by MK. (new)

MK. (HeyMatthewBK) | 5 comments I do see the risk. Because a lot of people out there don't see it they will blindly give away information about themselves. I was raised to be careful on the internet, and I'm glad. Haha. =D

message 38: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments my parents un4tunately couldn't care less....

message 39: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Hmm, I like Facebook and YOutube better.

message 40: by MK. (new)

MK. (HeyMatthewBK) | 5 comments They must be wonderful parents. =/

message 41: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments lolz yeah not many ppl do myspace anymore. (btw youtube is totally different, no? but yes yes yes it is way better!)

yep.

message 42: by Jayda (last edited Mar 27, 2009 07:08PM) (new)

Jayda I'm not allowed to have myspace or facebook. But what I think about it is that it's a dangerous way for pedophiles to find kids to prey on who are too stupid to realize that people aren't necessarily who they say they are.

message 43: by MK. (new)

MK. (HeyMatthewBK) | 5 comments Exactly. =3

message 44: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments jayda, jw, what's the difference btween myspace/facebook and goodreads then?

message 45: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

The first are about finding new friends based on interests and lust. Goodreads is a place where people are attracted based on their thoughts, ideas and books.

Which is why I love Goodreads.

message 46: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments ...so what is the problem with finding friends based on interests?

message 47: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

People go on myspace to hook up. Facebook is for friends you know. Goodreads, you can add people you don't know and not feel weird, because you can connect intellectually.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

It's the same type of thing though. It's an odd line to draw.

message 49: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

idk. The feel of Goodreads is more personal then Facebook.

message 50: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments no, not really. facebook u know all the ppl u add so it's much more personal than goodreads.

« previous 1 3