Favorite Christmas Romances with Anna DeStefano, author of Christmas on Mimosa Lane discussion

Favorite Christmas Themes in Books and Movies

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna DeStefano (AnnaDeStefano) | 12 comments Mod
What makes a book or movie your favorite?

To me, the holidays are a magical time. And they're all about family. My favorite stories are the ones that show us the truth about who we are and what we want and the battles that we'll have to wage to triumph. And what better time of the year to give a reader or a viewer the brightest, most triumphant happily "ever after," than to wrap the entire thing up in a holiday bow?

Yes, if you've read me, I deal with some pretty strong emotions and veer toward the reality of things in my character choices and story setups. But the pay off at the end of my novels (and the stories I love best as a reader) is so much sweeter because of the journey.

And when you layer an emotional story with beautiful holiday themes and settings, the magic of it melts your heartstrings even more ;o)

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Chant (cchant) I think the theme I love to see most is a sense of family coming together, home & hearth, warmth. That sort of thing. I'm all for the pulling of the heartstrings! :-)

I like either emotional or lighthearted reads for the holidays (since I tend to spend the rest of the year reading dark suspense or mysteries).

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna DeStefano (AnnaDeStefano) | 12 comments Mod
I'm the same way, Catherine. I want stories and characters that make me feel what they're going through. I want an escape, too--that promise of everything's going to work out. But I love to feel myself becoming a part of the story, because the characters are so real to me I can't not be there with them. You know?