Writers Wanted!!! discussion

1 view
tips, please?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silvia (last edited Jan 03, 2008 03:17PM) (new)

Silvia (robin10hood) seems like most of you have had more experience at writing than i have, so i'd wager that you also have some tips. anything you can tell me to help my writing?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Something that works for me when i'm writing my poetry is don't force it. Let the words come to you.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (aliceinlove) | 32 comments Mod
yeah don't push it otherwise you'll drive yourself into futher writers block. trust me i know i've done it. not fun. just go to a favorite place or go spend time with friends or whatever it is you enjoy doing and something will come. lol if not get coffee that always helps me.

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Jan 03, 2008 08:54AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) yeah when i force it when writing poems, the poem ends up being a crappy and I don't like it and end up throwing it away.

I think another good tip would be to look around you while your taking a walk and try to use your surroundings as inspiration or as ideas you could use in your writing. Or you could read books in that are the same genre as your writing to get an idea of how certain things are approached. Make sense? Hope this helps.

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 7 comments I agree: don't force it. When I try to force, it seems to block my imagination. I'm constantly getting ideas and inspiration at all times of the day. I try to carry a notebook with me to record any ideas that I may get while waiting in line at the store or where ever. I would also like to start carrying around a small tape recorder because I get a lot of ideas when I'm driving. I keep forgetting to do it though. I cannot count how many ideas I've lost while driving and not having a way to record them. Ideas don't always come at the "right" time or most convenient times.

I also agree with King: write something every day. Some good stuff can come out of abstract ideas and "crap" writing.