Teen Girl Readers discussion

Books Into Movies: > Hunger Games

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose (SeekerOfTruth) How well was this book translated into a movie?

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose (SeekerOfTruth) Alright then, I'll start. I thought that they did a great job with the movie. Let's face it girls, books are very hard to translate into movies and they whole book was in Katniss' point of view. Because of that, you get most of the information by Katniss' thoughts. I thought that they did a great job switching the points of view and telling the audience the essential information.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan The books were definitely better from my point of view.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (demision) I think I really liked the movie. Though Katniss didn't have as much 'feel' as she did in the book, it was overall asthetically pleasing c:
I also read the Hunger Games with my class, with the teacher reading it out loud, so I didn't quite get the 'in depth' experience as others did, so I would understand if the movie didn't feel up to certain standards haha

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (demision) I also have recently seen the second movie, Catching Fire, and it was absolutely amazing. I have yet to read the book though, and I'm hoping to get through the trilogy before the next movies come out ;D

message 6: by Kenny (new)

Kenny Keller | 4 comments I really loved the series and the movie!!! I haven't been able to see the second movie yet but I thought the first one was really good!! I wasn't expecting Jennifer Lawrence to play Katniss but it was a nice surprise!! She played her character really well and josh was a great peeta!!