Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix discussion

Good book

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought that this book was really good. It had its ups and downs but it was good none the less. What i enjoyed about it was like all the other books it delvied within the magical world of harry potter. Me personally i like magic so these books are really good for me. I liked how they expand the story through the book although it was a really slow prosses that i think didnt need to have over 500 pages.The ending was a good pay off but i would wish harry be a more violent charater.Also dumbledore dies on page 556

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Dumbledore dies... that would be considered a spoiler you know... ;) Anyway, are you sure you are not mixing it up with the Half Blood Prince? Personally, the Order of the Phoenix was my least favourite, because as you said, Asdf, it dragged on. But the movie of it was terrible. I wish they'd kept in Peeves.

Keri I didn't care much for Order of the Phoenix the first time I read it but when I re-read it I changed my mind and each additional reading has grown it into my favorite of the series. At first I couldn't get past my extreme dislike for Umbridge and Harry's excessive anger about everything. But now I think the book is the most emotional of the whole series and what Harry was going through during it was normal and understandable. I think it was a real turning point for him.

Avani Asdf wrote: "I thought that this book was really good. It had its ups and downs but it was good none the less. What i enjoyed about it was like all the other books it delvied within the magical world of harr..."

Dumbledore didn't die in Order of the Phoenix. Are you posting for the right book?

Jannie Huang This book is so awesome. It could be even more epic in the next book!

Raven i have fun reading this book.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book like i loved all the other books

Kathy ♡ This was my favorite book and movie out of all of the books/movies in the series.... I don't really know why though.

Mackenzie Kathy (KandyKiller) wrote: "This was my favorite book and movie out of all of the books/movies in the series.... I don't really know why though."

I agre. They are the best.

Summer Leppanen I love this book. But my mum had trouble getting through it--in fact, she hasn't to this day. But her reasoning was in no way the story; she said it was too much like being 15 again. Being 15 sucks; my sister and I deemed it the year of "being in a hole." So if anything, it was too good. It really boggles the mind what a good writer and storyteller J.K. Rowling is.

message 11: by Mert (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mert ...the darkness of both harry's way of thinking because of his age and the situation of some kind of a cold war in the magical world...especially the first seven hundred pages made me feel exactly like harry does, but the path, into which the plot dissolves itself...while waiting for the half-blood prince, the only thing I kept thinking was, "everything is clear and solved now, except for a small problem, voldemort"...

Laura WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING DUMBLEDORE DIED? HE DID NOT! Sorry for that I just had to get it out of my system...

message 13: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Laura wrote: "WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING DUMBLEDORE DIED? HE DID NOT! Sorry for that I just had to get it out of my system..."

Well then, I guess everyone must have totally misread the books.

message 14: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Erin wrote: "Laura wrote: "WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING DUMBLEDORE DIED? HE DID NOT! Sorry for that I just had to get it out of my system..."

Well then, I guess everyone must have totally misread the books."

THIS book he didn't die in

Summer Leppanen Thank you everyone. I think the Dumbledore thing has been sorted...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

it's ok