2018 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > Kuri's 52 books. One a week for the whole year!

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Since I've just joined, I'll list the books I've read thus far. The year is drawing to a close and I've read some great titles this year. I've mostly been following a series recommended by a friend, The Dresden Files. It's a great take on a "modern" wizard whom openly advertises himself as such. Snarky, wise-cracking and wielder of imaginable power. Why wouldn't you want to hire him as your private eye?

message 2: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett

The first book I read this year! This follows the antics of Rincewind, the failure of a wizard, and the first tourist to Ankh Morpork, Twoflower.

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Blackveil (Green Rider, #4) by Kristen Britain

The most recent book in the Green Rider series. A small brigade of Green Riders journey past the broken wall in an attempt to discover what dark evil lays in rest in the Blackveil forest.

message 4: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher

First of the Dresden files. Harry is called to investigate murders so gruesome that foul magic play can be the only culprit.

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher
Zombies, dark wizards and now werewolves!

message 6: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher
Just when Harry thought Chicago was safe again, preternatural activity goes through the roof. Hauntings, murders and one big nasty surprise for Harry are in store.

message 7: by Kristy (last edited Oct 22, 2012 05:52AM) (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher
Now a target for Red Court Vampires, Harry's kept on his toes dodging hit men and recovering a stolen religious artifact.

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6) by Jim Butcher
Many doors to Harry's past are flung open and questions about his mother are finally answered!

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathlawless) Welcome to the group, Kuri! And good luck on your goal. :) How far along are you so far?

message 10: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Trevor wrote: "Welcome to the group, Kuri! And good luck on your goal. :) How far along are you so far?"

Just the 8 I have posted so far. I may be hard pressed to finish this goal. I'll be finishing 2 this week though.

message 11: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathlawless) Well that's alright. It will be challenging, but I'm sure you can do it! :D

message 12: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 58 comments Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7) by Jim Butcher

I whizzed through this one with ease! Set around Halloween time, Marva, queen of the Black Court Vampires, threatens to reveal dirt on Harry's friends unless he finds the text of an evil necromancer. Little does Harry know that he's not the only one searching for this book!