Second Chance Challenges discussion

Archives > Welcome New Co-Mods!

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherie , Moderator (new)

Cherie  (CherieReads) | 851 comments Mod
I'd like to take a moment to welcome 2 new co-moderators for the group.

Welcome Bree and Alina!

I got a lot of interest from group members about becoming mods. To those of you who sent me messages, I want to sincerely thank you for your interest in helping me out! I appreciate all of you and if we end up needing even more help in the future you will be the first people I contact!

As for Bree and Alina, I think they're going to make fantastic additions. They are both super friendly, available often and willing to help everyone. I'm sure they'll stop by to introduce themselves to those of you who don't know them very soon.

So, what this means for the group is that from now on, you can ask them any questions you would ask me. They are able to create challenges, post updates for the group and help out in any way needed. I'll still be around, too. :)

Thanks everyone!

message 2: by Olivia ツ (new)

Olivia ツ (liv_reads) Yay! Glad you found the help you needed. I'm enjoying this group! You've been doing a great job Cherie. Congrats Bree & Alina.

message 3: by Alina (new)

Alina Ray (AlinaRay) | 64 comments Hi! I'm Alina and I live in the sunny state of Florida where we get two seasons: really hot, and not-as-hot. I am a writer and an editor, so I get to work from home while taking care of my two kids.

I am very excited to be a moderator and I look forward to working with all of you to complete those challenges!

Thanks!

message 4: by Adele (new)

Adele Symonds (adelesymonds) | 123 comments Congrats Bree and Alina, I am sure you will do a great job.

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (whodunitrdr) | 46 comments Alina wrote: "Hi! I'm Alina and I live in the sunny state of Florida where we get two seasons: really hot, and not-as-hot. I am a writer and an editor, so I get to work from home while taking care of my two kids..."

Welcome Alina and congratulations.

I live in western WA state and we have two seasons also: warm rain and cold rain! lol

message 6: by Trisha (last edited Oct 21, 2012 06:51PM) (new)

Trisha Yay!! Welcome Alina and Bree as co-mods!!! I look forward to working through challenges with you!! :D

message 7: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Hello, everyone!! I'm so excited to become one of the co-mods here at SCC with Cherie and Alina!

For those of you that don't "know" me...I'm Bree, I'm 31 and I live in Alberta, Canada. I've got 2 kids, ages 10 and 8, and I work as a lab analyst for a beef processing plant (I'm one of those people that checks for bacteria, mostly e.coli, in the meat before it gets shipped to stores etc). I work the night shift, so if you see me popping in at crazy hours here on GR, that's why!

I'm an avid reader (obviously, haha), and my favorite genres are young adult, dystopian and contemporary fiction...but that doesn't rule anything else out either! :) I've been a member of GoodReads for almost forever...it's great for accumulating MORE books that I want to read and will probably never have a chance at reading in this lifetime (though I think a lot of us are in that particular boat, lol). I only recently discovered challenges and quickly became addicted...I think at the moment I've got something crazy like 40 challenges going right now, along with 3 games.

I'm going to wrap this up, lol...I will say, however, that I'm REALLY looking forward to working with Cherie and Alina, and playing with all of you in the challenges here at SCC! :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Alina and Bree! I see great things ahead...

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) Yay Congrats!

message 10: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) What marvelous choices!
So glad to have you on board to help us keep things rolling along smoothly.
Here's to a great fall and winter of reading. Getting cocoa and blankets ready.

message 11: by Barb (new)

Barb | 682 comments Congrats to Bree and Alina!

I live in Pennsylvania, and we also have two seasons: construction and winter :)

message 12: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Barb wrote: "Congrats to Bree and Alina!

I live in Pennsylvania, and we also have two seasons: construction and winter :)"

LOL, pretty much the same thing here! ;)

message 13: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Congrats Bree and Alina. It'll be interesting to see what changes you ladies bring to the group. Keep those challenges coming! lol

message 14: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) Thanks, Bree and Alina, for taking on this responsibility!! I really look forward to getting to know you better and so appreciate your willingness to help.

I live in the Midwest. I guess you could say we have 3 seasons ... planting, harvest and the rest of the year.

message 15: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (Chaitra_Ganesh) | 180 comments Congrats Alina and Bree! I'm sure you will both do a great job!

message 16: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharint) | 11 comments Barb wrote: "Congrats to Bree and Alina!

I live in Pennsylvania, and we also have two seasons: construction and winter :)"

We say the same thing about Utah! Although for the last 3 years we've even had construction in the winter!