9G discussion

Describe two major conflicts that are occurring in your SSR book.

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liemberger (new)

Liemberger | 8 comments Mod
Be sure to provide the title of your book and tell us what page you are on and how many pages are in your book. If you have read more than one SSR book this quarter, let us know if this is your first or second book. Also, be sure to tell us if the conflicts you are describing are Character vs. Character, Character vs. Self, Character vs. Nature, Characters vs. God/Fate or Character vs. Society.

message 2: by Devin (new)

Devin Tran | 6 comments I'm going to be writing about the first SSR book I read which was "Rich Dad Poor Dad". One of the conflicts that happen in the story was that Robert, the main character, wanted to know how to get rich. Robert didn't know anything about getting rich and tried everything, but nothing work. So in my opinion I think that would be man vs himself. The next conflict is when Robert wasn't getting paid for working at the supermarket. That's because rich dad wanted to teach him something but Robert couldn't figure it out. I would think that would be man vs man or man vs himself.

message 3: by Najierwest (new)

Najierwest | 3 comments I am going to be talking about the SSR book i have been reading called "Harry Potter". There has been only one conflict this far. Harry is a wizard who lives with his aunt and uncle but they don't like the fact that he is a wizard. On his birthday he has no way to talk to his friends (Ron and Hermione)because his aunt and uncle do not want him bringing any of wizardry or any one who is involved with it. The conflict is man vs man.

message 4: by Hestonjenkins (new)

Hestonjenkins | 8 comments Devin wrote: "I'm going to be writing about the first SSR book I read which was "Rich Dad Poor Dad". One of the conflicts that happen in the story was that Robert, the main character, wanted to know how to get r..."

I'm going to be telling you about the book "SLAM". This is the first SSR book that I read this quarter.One conflict in the book "SLAM"is that The main character slam or Greg(his real name),is furious because he is not starting on the basketball team.This conflict is character vs. character because the coach would not start him.The last conflict is that the main character Greg is also struggling With his grades.Its bad that he is struggling with his grades because he might get kicked off the team because he is not eligible to play.Also this is character vs. society ,and i am on page 57, there is 266 pages.

message 5: by Hestonjenkins (new)

Hestonjenkins | 8 comments Devin wrote: "I'm going to be writing about the first SSR book I read which was "Rich Dad Poor Dad". One of the conflicts that happen in the story was that Robert, the main character, wanted to know how to get r..."

Yo wassup is heston

message 6: by Erik (new)

Erik Burns | 6 comments Im writing about the book called "The Hunger Games." This is the first SSR book Ive read this year. Im done this book and am currently reading catching fire. The main character in this book is Katniss. Shes a 18 year old girl who is selected to take part in the Hunger Games, a brutal fight to the death between children from each district. In my book katniss is faced with a man vs man confilct becuase she has to struggle to survive. Another confilct in my story is that she falls in love with Peeta, a boy from her district that is taking part in the games also.

message 7: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Hagans | 6 comments The book I'm writing about is called "Pandora Gets Heart." This is my SSR book for the first quarter. The main character in the book is Pandora, the daughter of Prometheus. She is a thirteen year old girl who released all seven evils from the box they were trapped in. Pandora is feares that during this quest, given to her by Zeus, that all creatures and thing she loved will be taken from her. The conflit is character vs. fate.

message 8: by Destiny (new)

Destiny  Mack  | 6 comments The SSR book I am going to be writing about is called "The Clique". In this book the main character Massie who's rich and spoiled has to share things with one of the other characters named Claire. Massie doesn't really like Claire all that much so she tried her best to get rid of her and by this conflict it is character vs. character. Another conflict that happens later on in the story is that Massie starts to loose all of her friends due to the things she was doing to Claire and she has to find her way back to gain their trust again. By that conflict in the story it would be character vs. self, because Massie brought it upon herself to do those things and lost her friends.

message 9: by Bensonphun (new)

Bensonphun | 6 comments The SSR book I am currently reading is called "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer and I am on page 50 of 207. in the book the main problem for the character Christopher McCandless is that he is trying to survive without a job, but he had to make money so he decided to work at McDonald's and while working there he was doing quiet a good job. While working at McDonald's the other workers were smelling some kind of odor in their work environment and it came from Christopher because he does not have a house to live in so he does not take a shower, but his co-workers asked him does he want to come over his house to take a shower and he turns that down. the problem he does not like makes him have to work to survive without nothing. my character goes through self vs character because he has to decide what he wants to do to keep himself alive.

message 10: by Kellly (new)

Kellly Sanborn | 6 comments The book i am reading is "The Lucky One". I am on page 309. a major conflict that has happend so far is when logan goes to beths house and he gets in a fight with her ex husband kieth. they get in a fight over her son being with logan without kieths permission. Another major conflict is when Ben gets upset and runs into the woods because his mom and dad were fighting. Logan and Keith went to chase after him and the bridge fell into the water and Ben almost died. Logan and Ben jumped in after him and saved Ben but kieth didnt make it.

message 11: by Justine (new)

Justine D | 6 comments I am going to be talking about my SSR book "Ruined". I have not finished the book yet. I am on page 100 of 307. One conflict I came upon was a character vs self. Aurelia told Rebecca about Helena Bowman, Marianne Sutton, and some other kids that sneak into the cemetery late at night. One night Rebecca decided to sneak into the cemetery, when she was told to never step foot in there, to see what they were all up to. Soon after she found herself not knowing how to get out of the cemetery before someone caught her spying. Another conflict was character vs character. When Rebecca snuck into the cemetery again, she forgot all about leaving before the others so that she wasn't stuck there till the next morning. She was having a nice conversation with Lisette (a ghost that lives in the cemetery) until she heard her aunt was yelling her name, worried as ever. When her aunt finally found her, she sounded like she wanted to rip Rebecca's head off but at the same time she sounded worried than ever.

message 12: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 8 comments I am still reading " My Own Worst Frenemy". I am on page 50 out of 275.The conflict is Chanti is going to a new school and she does not want to go. Her mom wants her to go because it is in a safer neighborhood. Chanti does not want to go because she does not want to leave her friends. In my opinion this is person vs. person.

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin Divirgilio | 8 comments I am still reading "The Supernaturalist". The author of the book is Eoin Colfer. I am on page 41 out of 267. One major confloct in the book is that Cosmo and Ziplock escaped the place where they tested chemicals on no sponsors. They are trying to stay away from the people there. Another conflict is that Cosmo fell off the building and suffered severe injuries. Some kids help him get healthy and they tell him that they don't where Ziplock is.

message 14: by Kailynn (new)

Kailynn Mckillop | 7 comments The book I am currently reading for SSR is "Missing" by Catherine MacPhail. I am on page 135 of 191. One major conflict Maxine faces is the fact of her brothers dissappearance. This is a Character vs Self situtation. Another conflict faced is Character vs Fate , Maxine realizing she cant change the fact of her brother being missing.

message 15: by Tatyana (new)

Tatyana Flory | 7 comments My SSR book I am currently reading is Slaughter House-Five. I am on page 87 of 215 pages. The first major conflict is Billy Pilgrim goes to war. He was drafted to join the army in 1944. Billy gets sent overseas to Luxembourg to fight the Germans in World War II. This conflict describes character vs. self. The second major conflict is Billy becomes a prisoner of war. Billy is carrying no weapons and is on the verge of being shot by Roland Weary when the soldiers pick him up. Billy is completely under the control of other people. He struggles living life because he has been so damaged by his experience of war. This conflict describes character vs. self.

message 16: by Mike (new)

Mike | 4 comments The SSR book that i switched to about a week ago is called "Snoop Dogg" and it is a autobiography about the professional rapper snoop dogg. The reason i switched to this book was because I prefer this topic over my old book which was about mobsters. I am only on page 22 of 228, but i enjoy it so far. One example on man vs man is when Snoop tries to decide if he wants to begin his career as a singer or actor. Sorry this was late Mrs. Limeberger, power was out for a while.

message 17: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 8 comments I an still reading " My Own Worst Frenemy". I am in page 50 out of 275.The conflict is Chanti is going to a new school and she does not want to go. Her mom wants her too stay out of trouble. Chanti does not want to go because she does not want to leave her friends. In my opinion this is person vs. person.

message 18: by Dmaeali (new)

Dmaeali | 5 comments I am still reading the bool the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares . One of the conflicts in my book revolves around Carmen . Carmen is trying to cope with her fathers new marriage and step children . She feels betrayed and out of place just becausr her and her fathers bond used to be strong . Another conflict revolves around Tibby . Tibby is the only girl in the book that didnt leave for the summer . She remained home , working at her job that she hates . Even though shes happy about her friends going away and doing their thing , deep down she feels very lonely and like everyones forgetting about her .

message 19: by Najierwest (new)

Najierwest | 3 comments My book "Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban". The major conflict in the book right now is that a prisoner from the wizard world has broken out of jail and is now after Harry. The prisoner's name is Sirius Black and he is the right hand of the story's main villain, Voldemort.I would call this conflict text to world because it's just like real life if someone breaks out of jail and goes after someone. I am on page 76 of 253 and this is my second SSR book.