manga lover discussion

Death Note!!

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee  | 5 comments Who likes death note!!!!!!?

its really awesome!

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments yes, this manga is absolutely great! great story, great graphics! and of course, L is the greatest ne? but you have to admit, though light is a monumental psychopath, tons of people loved his character! a must-read manga if you ask me!

message 3: by Deidara-sempai (new)

Deidara-sempai | 3 comments yeah its a cool show and manga. although i really hate kira(light).

message 4: by Rahmat (new)

Rahmat Romadon (rahmat_romadon) | 4 comments off course I do. but, I heard that at Japan all merchandises of this anime is restricted for teens under 17 years old. coz the kids imitate the chara, dress and behave like the chara. No matter what is, I like the story and the chara too

message 5: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee  | 5 comments so...just b cuz u aren't 17 doesnt mean i wont watch it...

message 6: by Patrick (new)

Patrick H The reason I like it so much (Besides L) is that you can't really decide who's doing the right thing.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I think that I might start reading Death Note, but I might not have time.
Since y'all say that it's good, I'll make an effort to get my hands on a copy of the first volume.

message 8: by No.i (new)

No.i (Kairi) My fav charater is Near. It used to be Ryuuzaki, but he was killed. T.T

message 9: by Patrick (new)

Patrick H *sarcasm* I congratulate you on your lack of discretion regarding one of the defining points of the story.

message 10: by No.i (new)

No.i (Kairi) Mean.

message 11: by hujanlia (new)

hujanlia | 7 comments well, spoilers DO should be avoided.

anw, death note is like... superb.
I'm amazed how Ooba Tsugumi can create such an interesting plot.

message 12: by Willowmist (new)

Willowmist Yipee! Death Note is the awesomest manga ever! Yay! ^^

message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah (gatsby) Death Note was alright. It was certainly far better than the movies/anime.

message 14: by adi (new)

adi (restartaugust) it wasn't my favorite ever, but i definatetly liked it. i love the artist. it was also very interesting.

message 15: by No.i (new)

No.i (Kairi) I like the manga and the anime. I seen the first movie and it suck! I pretty much know what the second and the third wound be just by watching the first movie.

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah (gatsby) ^ :/ I was so disappointed when I heard the third movie wasn't going to be about the BB case as I had originally hoped.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen it yet? It was released about a month ago if I'm not mistaken.

message 17: by Torin (new)

Torin (LeafsGreatest) | 3 comments The manga is much more exciting than anime. The anime has a different ending that really wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I rather stick to naruto shippuuden then watch death note. But that's just my opinoin.

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments @yune: if you have read (or even get a glimpse) of the one shot manga created after the release of deathnote:how to read, then you might change your mind about L. he's still far better than near and mello. but you have to read it to know what i mean. but then again, that's just me. i've always loved L ever since i started reading deathnote. c",)

message 19: by Wawied (new)

Wawied | 3 comments first my friend asked me to read it.....and... i like it...the story was so great...But Ryuuzaki and L dead...T_....but it's ok...very great....

message 20: by stephanie (new)

stephanie wrights (♪♫stephy♪♫) | 5 comments i have only read the first volume, but i really like it.

message 21: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee  | 5 comments this manga is awsome.
but im soo sad that it ended. I wish it didn't.

message 22: by stephanie (new)

stephanie wrights (♪♫stephy♪♫) | 5 comments does anyone know how many volumes there are in death note?

message 23: by Sianeka (last edited Sep 26, 2008 10:32AM) (new)

Sianeka | 2 comments There are 12 volumes in Death Note. There is also a 13th volume that has explanatory notes and additional information. There is also an extra volume, a novel, set in LA, about L's adventures with the FBI there (his working with Naomi Misora).

This was the best manga series I've ever read in its entirety. The ending disappointed me, as I did not think the character of Light remained true to form and acted out of character, but still, overall, the twists and plot and character development was totally superior and the graphics/drawings were just blow-me-away awesome.

I've seen the live action films and the anime, and the manga is the best of all formats, IMHO.

message 24: by stephanie (new)

stephanie wrights (♪♫stephy♪♫) | 5 comments thanks for letting me know how many volumes there are.

message 25: by Marini (new)

Marini (mRni) | 1 comments i love L!
L was so cool!

message 26: by No.i (new)

No.i (Kairi) Cool same here! Unfortunately L died. T.T

message 27: by KuLniya^SaLLy (new)

KuLniya^SaLLy | 1 comments Lil bit complicated but definitely awesome..
I love this manga so0o0o muchH..xD

Yeah but why L must die..? T__T

message 28: by Airin (new)

Airin | 3 comments i do!!!

i like the manga and the anime even they have different stories.

my friend who lived in japan said that there's deathnote's movies part 3.

message 29: by Bagus (new)

Bagus | 8 comments yeah death note is great the plot story is "unpredictable"
the battle between light and L is so genius

message 30: by Fudz (new)

Fudz (Fudz_sakabatou) | 5 comments of course i am.
The coolest, smart and love sweety food is...L

Awesome
and
UNIQUE!
Two thumbs up for DEATH NOTE

message 31: by hujanlia (new)

hujanlia | 7 comments I heard there will be a Hollywood adaptation of Death Note?

Tatsuya Fujiwara is a failure. If Hollywood is really goin to make the movie, hope they can find the right actor that is so-Light-in-all-aspects LOL ^^'

back to the manga, I'll always like Light.
there are things that I don't like about him too, but he'll always have my support! X3

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments i love death note...I saw the movie, it was okay

r u serious theres going to have a Hollywood adaption to death note?

message 33: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (Biggestanimegeek) tht is just not even right.

message 34: by Squidalz (last edited Apr 30, 2009 06:49AM) (new)

Squidalz I love Death Note, it is my all time favorite manga. I just like it because it really makes you think, and the plot is just amazing. But as you may have guessed, I am bit of a L goon :P

message 36: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments So I've tried both watching and reading Death Note and I couldn't get past the first few episodes/chapters. What bothered me was the whole idea of a death note and how people use it to kill others. So should I try to get past the first few chapters? If so, why?

message 37: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (Biggestanimegeek) its good. & i said so.

message 38: by Squidalz (new)

Squidalz Rachel wrote: "So I've tried both watching and reading Death Note and I couldn't get past the first few episodes/chapters. What bothered me was the whole idea of a death note and how people use it to kill others..."

I guess to me the fact that a death note is used to kill is what intreged me the most. Its a book that makes you think, and my most common question to myself is what I would do if I found a death note? Get rid of it? Or like Light said, its just human nature to try it just once.
It also explains the idea of the greed inside all of us, I think it just plays very well on very realistic characters of human beings. I think that's why I like it so much.

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments L wrote: "Rachel wrote: "So I've tried both watching and reading Death Note and I couldn't get past the first few episodes/chapters. What bothered me was the whole idea of a death note and how people use it..."

Thanks so much for explaining why you liked death note. That's an interesting way to look at the story. I can understand being greedy to get what I want, but I can't imagine killing someone for it. Hmm...is it just used for greed? Or do people use it to get rid of robbers/murderers/etc..? I could see myself possibly using it for that purpose.

message 41: by Squidalz (new)

Squidalz It is, Light does that. But coming with such great power like that, he does get a bit greedy, wanting to become a God of this new world he begins to form.

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments Wow. Intriguing. Does the book help him form this new world he is god over?

message 43: by Squidalz (new)

Squidalz Yes, although ultimately he fails in the end...

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments Cool! Well, I think I will give this a second try. Thanks for explaining it to me. :)

message 45: by Squidalz (new)

Squidalz Hehe your welcome! You will have to tell me how your second try goes ^.^

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments Sure thing. ;)

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Um...Did anyone hear that there is going to be a new death note book based off the 3rd movie?
L Change the World
And its already being sold in stores in America