Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Does anyone like Dramione?(Draco & Hermione

Comments (showing 1-50 of 70) (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I really wish they were a couple in the book; however a lot of people tend to disagree with me. What are your thoughts? Do you like Dramione?

Avani The idea of them as a couple is a cute one, but no, Draco was a jerk to Hermione.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Anita wrote: "Do you like Dramione?"
Yes.

Mikela If Draco were nicer to her in the books and Ron was really mean to her, I would consider Dramione. But since he was really cruel to her, and Ron and Hermione had crushes on each other, I have to say that Romione is my OTP.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ewwwwww! no way, not happening! ick!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Avani wrote: "The idea of them as a couple is a cute one, but no, Draco was a jerk to Hermione."

You are absolutely right he was jerk to her. I always felt like behind that cold exterior there was a really nice guy in there. I just thought he was trying to make his dad proud of him thats why he became the way he is.For some reason I thought he became a death eater just to gain respect and to be accepted into something. There also the factor that his dad was death eater so he was trying to follow in his footsteps. I felt like Draco has a really complex personality. As in he has a bad boy exterior but on the inside there is someone who can change and become a better person. Thats why I thought that Hermione would be the perfect person to bring out the best of him.

Tamara Figueroa I find that paring cute!!!!

Angeline Joseph ewwwww! That would be soooo wrong!

message 9: by Ida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ida Could work if Draco went trough a hell of a lot of character development, but not the way he is in the books. That would be to much wrong.

Carina This is actually a popular paring on FF sites. I must admit that I think they have very similar levels of intelligence - but whether that would make them a good couple or not I don't know.

I do agree with Anitas view of Draco though, he does have a complex personality and had he been brought up differently I imagine he would have been someone that the Trio would have gotten on with.

georgia ☽ Meh. In FanFiction, I know that they're a popular couple, but it never appealed to me much :)

Nikki The idea's kind of interesting, the whole thought that Hermione seriously changes him and digs past his "darkside" but it really wouldn't have worked in the actual series. I'm all for some fanfics though!

Susan NO. Draco is way too arrogant, even after Deathly Hallows, for Hermione. Along with the fact that Hermione's Muggle-born, which is tantamount to being illegitimate in the eyes of Draco's "pure blood" family.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the problem here is with Tom Felton. People tend to get easily confused with the actor and character. Tom Felton is a good-looking, young boy who just portrays Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy, on the other hand, is an arrogant, haughty boy who believes pure-bloods are the better in the Wizarding World, thus making him strongly prejudiced. I've read a lot of Dramione fanfictions and they all seem to have that "Draco is hot. Hermione gets a makeover, making her pretty and smart in her seventh year. Then they fall in love..blah..blah..blah." All I have to say is,"Get your facts right!"

Thank you.

Nikki I guess that's what people like about fanfiction, they normally tend to exaggerate things in their favor. I guess when in that last scene in the Deathly Hallows when Ron spots Draco, people must've thought "ohhhh, he's changed, he's wonderful now!" Probably not, but if people like it, then by all means, they can go ahead and write stories where Draco changes. Normally no one sticks to the canon facts, anyway.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, I just- don't like it. Sure, I'll read Dramione if it's a good story but when it comes to writing- unless it's a 'Harry Potter Reads Fanficton' story, I would never. My OTP is Romione, although Dramione isn't really the worst pairing out there. I agree that Draco is probably a really nice guy underneath. Also, proof he was a nice person underneath: JK said she didn't make him marry Pansy 'cause she hated Pansy and didn't want Draco to marry her. Fact!

Maggie I can see the point Anita is making about Dramione, but in the books Draco was too much of a jerk and he always treated Hermione pretty badly, he may have been that way because of his father, and maybe underneath all that, he was a good guy, but he tormented Hermione through all the books and made her feel pretty awful. But I know that in fanfiction, Dramione is the most popular pairing and I read a lot of stories about them, but when it comes to the original story Hermione and Ron was the perfect ending.

Jannie Huang Err how about this? No way!! Draco was a total jerk to Hermione for ex: "You filthy mudblood!." Poor Hermione...

message 19: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara No way! I don't understand why all of the sudden everyone thinks Draco and Hermione should be together. I can understand taking things farther than the author meant them in fanfiction, but COME ON, PEOPLE! Ron and Hermione were meant for each other!

kirstin ✿ In fan fics, I would consider Dramione. They were so cute in there. But in the real books no. Draco was so mean and he hated Mudbloods.

My OTP was Cormione. (Cormack + Hermione)

message 21: by Naiya (last edited Apr 24, 2013 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Naiya I don't think it's as much an issue of who was mean to whom or even pure-blood vs muggle-born, but the fact that Draco (as a result of the double-combo of upbringing and peer influence) is a rather weak-willed person with a personality to match.

Hermione is an intelligent, driven, and honorable character with a very strong moral compass (stronger, at times, than either Ron or Harry's!). Draco, on the other hand, is depicted as a bully, snob, and coward during various scenes across the books.

Yes, he had a couple flashes of decency, but where Hermione, Ron, and Harry (and the rest of the gang in DA) were consistency valiant in the face of danger (and imminent death), Draco was a kid out of his depth who folded under pressure and broke down in the face of adversity. That basic, core difference in personalities makes any real relationship between the two impossible, if only because Hermione wouldn't put up with it. :)

Most Hermione-Draco pairings tend to rewrite Draco's personality until he stands up on his own as a strong bad-boy character or Hermione as a weaker, girlier character.

message 22: by Jaye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye Absolutely not.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Eugh, nup. No way. Yuck. Ew. Blurgh! Eeeeuuuuuu!
Nuff said.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Cara wrote: "No way! I don't understand why all of the sudden everyone thinks Draco and Hermione should be together. I can understand taking things farther than the author meant them in fanfiction, but COME ON,..."

YES. That is just ... yes, no better way to put it!

Gabby I SUPPORT DRARRY!!!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabby wrote: "I SUPPORT DRARRY!!!!!"

hahhahahha or DRAPPLE

kirstin ✿ DRAPPLE ALL THE WAY!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabby wrote: "I SUPPORT DRARRY!!!!!"
LOL, so do I!

Chrissy Oh I love Dramione wholeheartedly, and completely.

Though the Draco in leather pants trope bores me to tears. Foeyay all the way.

message 30: by Yue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yue In fanfics, I love Dramione. In the books, no way!

As for Drarry... Oh God, that is one couple I will NEVER accept. It is so eww. It is like imagining... I don't know... Snape and James or something.. A 'never-ever'

message 31: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna Kļaviņa Gabby wrote: "I SUPPORT DRARRY!!!!!"

Drarry! The best pairing ever! *stops fangirling*

I like Dramione and Drinny too.

message 32: by Wm. Scott (last edited Apr 26, 2013 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wm. Scott Conway The fact that Draco and Hermione didn't get together is the starkest evidence that the Harry Potter series is fiction. If it were even close to a true story, them getting together would have been a sure thing. Ron wouldn't have stood a chance. Ron was not talented, was superficial, and did not come from a affluent family. In the real world... yeah... it would never happen.

The relationship between Snape, Lily, and James is much more like a real-world scenario. Lily shuns the one who loved her with all his heart, even unto death, Snape, due to his eccentricities and social awkwardness, and gravitated toward the popular, mischievous, and rather nefarious "bad-boy" James Potter.

Eris Vianney In which I invoke the Rowling (again) for what I think are the appropriate thoughts on the matter of Draco Malfoy and the romantic dreams many girls have about him:

"It amuses me. It honestly amuses me. People have been waxing lyrical [in letters] about Draco Malfoy, and I think that's the only time when it stopped amusing me and started almost worrying me. I'm trying to clearly distinguish between Tom Felton, who is a good looking young boy, and Draco, who, whatever he looks like, is not a nice man. It’s a romantic, but unhealthy, and unfortunately all too common delusion of — delusion, there you go — of girls, and you [nods to Melissa] will know this, that they are going to change someone. And that persists through many women's lives, till their death bed, and it is uncomfortable and unhealthy and it actually worried me a little bit, to see young girls swearing undying devotion to this really imperfect character, because there must be an element in there, that "I'd be the one who [changes him]." I mean, I understand the psychology of it, but it is pretty unhealthy. So, a couple of times I have written back, possibly quite sharply, saying [Laughter], "You want to rethink your priorities here."

From an interview with Headmistress Rowling, found here: http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2...

Currer Jean I'm a total Ron and Hermione shipper. Dorky, crusty boy with intelligent, crusty girl... if it works for Rory and Amy Pond I'm all in. But Draco and Hermione. No way. He doesn't change from the self interested, racist that he started out from. Hermione has a strong head on her shoulder and has too much pride to be with someone who couldn't love her without hang ups.

Elissa They would be a really cute couple, but I ship Ron and Hermione more.

Eris Vianney Brittany wrote: "I'm a total Ron and Hermione shipper. Dorky, crusty boy with intelligent, crusty girl... if it works for Rory and Amy Pond I'm all in. But Draco and Hermione. No way. He doesn't change from the sel..."

What you just said... I agree with all of it. All of it. Amy and Rory forever!

Eris Vianney Whovian high-fives all around! :D

Andrea Tome I just think it is really wicked. I mean, they hated each other... and not in a sensual way. Plus, Hermione was too much for him.

Gabby Kirstin wrote: "DRAPPLE ALL THE WAY!"

Hmmm, I can't figure out what that means!! Do tell! :)

message 40: by Gabby (last edited Apr 28, 2013 05:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabby Sakura Yue Michaelis wrote: "In fanfics, I love Dramione. In the books, no way!

As for Drarry... Oh God, that is one couple I will NEVER accept. It is so eww. It is like imagining... I don't know... Snape and James or somethi..."

Awww, Snape and James!!! Snames!!...
Jokes :)

Sophie never going to happen

Eris Vianney Gabby wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "DRAPPLE ALL THE WAY!"

Hmmm, I can't figure out what that means!! Do tell! :)"

It's a ship between Draco and his beloved apple! XD

Andrea Tome Eris the Batpig wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "DRAPPLE ALL THE WAY!"

Hmmm, I can't figure out what that means!! Do tell! :)"

It's a ship between Draco and his beloved apple! XD"

Drapple ! <3

message 44: by Sahar (new)

Sahar I think people here should be a lot more open-minded.

Dramione all the way!

message 45: by Mika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mika everyone goes on and on about how much of a jerk draco was to hermione but 99% of the time when she was openly crying it was because ron was being a jerk to her so...

message 46: by Sahar (last edited Jun 27, 2013 04:17PM) (new)

Sahar Mika wrote: "everyone goes on and on about how much of a jerk draco was to hermione but 99% of the time when she was openly crying it was because ron was being a jerk to her so..."

Thank you! A lot of people seem to forget that he takes her for granted. Not to mention how much of a jealous git he can be.
I'm not hating on Ron, but he is no match for Hermione.

message 48: by Allison (new) - added it

Allison Everyone's ganging up on Draco. Yeah, I'll admit he did make her cry sometimes but Ron did too so...

I wished they got together. It would have been interesting.

Marie Chase deleted user wrote: "I really wish they were a couple in the book; however a lot of people tend to disagree with me. What are your thoughts? Do you like Dramione?"

I think that's super creepy because either Hermione would have to b evil or Draco would be like a weird nerd. Hermione is an awesome nerd, but Draco would just b a strange one.

Marie Chase Anna wrote: "Gabby wrote: "I SUPPORT DRARRY!!!!!"

Drarry! The best pairing ever! *stops fangirling*

I like Dramione and Drinny too."

Drinny would be horrible! Don't let JK Rowling read this!

« previous 1