You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Rainbow Challenge Announcement

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Oct 20, 2012 09:44AM) (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29871 comments I wasn't thinking when I set up the challenge that making the "A" Task count only if read in August would be so limiting. So I've made a couple of concessions.

1. If you started an orange book during the October Toppler for one of the Toppler requirements but didn't finish it by the end of the Toppler, you may still count it towards your "A" task.

2. If you started the challenge AFTER August 31st, I have made an amended "A" Task. THIS IS ONLY FOR MEMBERS WHO STARTED AFTER AUGUST. Read an orange book that is from the genre Young Adult during the month of December.

- count 5 points for the cover/title requirement
- count 5 points if the author's last name starts with "A".
- The book must be over 200 pages long.

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Nice. This is great for the newcomers.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth (eparks4232) | 908 comments great modification!

message 5: by April (new)

April | 970 comments :)

message 6: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 5748 comments I love this idea for our newbies!

message 7: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments I think it's a great idea to give the newbies a chance to join the Rainbow Challenge. Why shouldn't they get a chance to go insane too? ☺

message 8: by Jane Reads (new)

Jane Reads jaxnsmom wrote: "I think it's a great idea to give the newbies a chance to join the Rainbow Challenge. Why shouldn't they get a chance to go insane too? ☺"

Absolutely. We believe in equal opportunity insanity.

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29871 comments There is a reason they call it the funny farm... the more the merrier. How's that for a couple of cliches?

message 10: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments I'd say plenty, but I know you have many more you could use :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.