UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Guardian writing Guide

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Oct 20, 2012 05:09AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments I was just flipping around http://www.splendid.org.uk as you do, and I noticed an add pop up saying there would be a free writing guide in The Guardian this weekend.

I hope they have an external consultant on the spelling. The Gruniad has never been famous for proof reading and spelling!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Oh... it is today....

Perhaps I should pick a copy up... but the newsagent is just past the door of the Pheasant....

Tricky!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2219 comments I love the Grauniad and all its typos. Wish I'd kept the photo of the rockstar they'd captioned Tuna Turner.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments And everyone knows it was Tuner Turner.

message 5: by R.M.F (new)

R.M.F Brown | 4128 comments Hard work - that's the only advice you need on writing a book 90% graft, 10% craft! I love cliches.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61381 comments Did anyone actually get the 'writing guide'?

Please tell me it was a sheet of lined paper.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments I got it.

message 8: by R.M.F (new)

R.M.F Brown | 4128 comments What writing guide did Dickens use, or Chaucer, or Katie Price? Somebody answer that question! :) Ignore that rubbish about plot and characters.