~**Author's United**~ discussion

Previews > An Orang-utan's Story~Preview by Sarah

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (Oceanwhisper) Well, here's the prologue! I hope you like and please comment! (Special thanks to my teacher and Karla for helping me plan and think of the idea!)

Prologue-

The moon shone gently through the bars of a cage, casting shadows all over the floor. In the corner of one of the cages sat a wise old orang-utan, his face a picture of sorrow and wisdom. Next to his cage, was another barred cage, but inside it moved a restless young orang-utan, his eyes darting everywhere uneasily, and his fur twitching.
“Naru?” he asked through the bars of his cage, trying to poke his head through.
“Yes, Kuasi,” the wise old orang-utan answered, shifting himself so he faced Kuasi.
“There’s been a certain question that’s been nagging at me all day,” the young orang-utan said, sitting down. “Why are we, and all the other orang-utans here?”
Naru just shook his head sadly. “There are many different reasons, all of them pointing out the Two-legs, or as you know them, the humans.”
Kuasi looked in confusion at him. “What do you mean?”
“I think the easiest way to tell you, is a story of my life, and how I am known as ‘The Wise One’. Would you like to hear it?” Naru sighed, his eyes sparkling as the moon shone on them.
“Yes please!” Kuasi said eagerly, nodding his head.
“Well, we’ll start with my up-bringing...”

(Please remember this is the first copy! When I go back and edit it, it could be completely different!)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (Oceanwhisper) Also I know it's very short, may lengthen it a bit as well...

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla Rades (Karlosalis) Wow it's amazing I hope it gets published - good job

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (Oceanwhisper) Awwww.... Thanks!