What's 811 Reading? discussion

October > 10/19-10/21: Advice

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. Flagg (new)

Ms. Flagg (MissFlagg) | 49 comments Mod
hat advice would you give to your protagonist about a problem he/she is having?

Make sure you follow the reading response checklist:

For a “4”: Did I….
• Write a topic sentence that provided the title, author, and genre of my text?
• Provide context of what is happening in the text, so my reader understands what I’m talking about?
• Find a direct quote from the text that proves my idea?
• Thoroughly explain the significance of my quote/how it proves my idea?
• Check for correct punctuation and spelling?

message 2: by Altamir III (new)

Altamir III III (longdeoking) | 27 comments In Walter Dean Myers realistic fiction book Game, an advice that I would give my protagonist is to watch out what he talks about because its most of the time not cool. When it was last minute of the game, Tommy (a white boy in the team) was with the ball in his hands and there was 5 secs left, and what Tommy was trying to do was he was waiting for the last second of the game to win but instead, Drew (the protagonist) snatched the ball out of his hand and took it in for the win. By a point. So after the game, Tommy ran up to Drew and said to him whats your problem. They discussed till Drew came up and said that he is horrible in basketball and that he should go back to his country. In Czech Republic. Now that just got Tommy mad. But that`s not the worst part. The worst part was that Tommy ADMIRED him. Now imagine you admire someone and they just go up to your face and just starts dissing you because you were trying to show that you could be just like him. That was not cool Drew and so in conclusion, Drew really needs to watch what he is saying, or think twice before saying or doing something.

message 3: by Yamil (new)

Yamil Cifuentes | 40 comments In Jeff Kinney Realistic fiction Diary of a wimpy kid: Rodrick's rules, The advice I would give to my protagonist is to be himself. Greg (protagonist) wants to be popular but because of his best friend Rowly, he embarrassed Greg.
"Greg! Wanna do a magic show for the talent show?" Said Rowly.
"No way!" Said Greg.
If Greg takes my advice, maybe he won't be struggling his 7th grade year.