Archives > Toys by James Patterson

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 11298 comments Mod
Sherry and I will be starting Monday.

message 2: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sherry, there are 7 parts to this audio so how much do you want to listen to?

message 3: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 10882 comments Mod
Doesn't matter. We could do 2 parts a day...would that be too much?

message 4: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

No, I am 1/4 through part 2. It is interesting so far.

message 5: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ok :)

message 6: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (last edited Oct 22, 2012 08:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

We have two groups Elite, bio-engineered humans, and Skunks,human. Humans being the lower class. They are violent, uneducated scum. Elite the upper class, possess super strength, agility and intelligence.

(view spoiler) It is an interesting premise.

message 7: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm not very far in yet, but it sounds interesting so far. It is definitely different from Patterson's normal. He usually sticks to contemporary crime/thriller.

The Elite seem interesting. I have to work now but will post more later tonight after I've finished listening to today's :)

message 8: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I guess I shouldn't say it's different from everything he's done because the maximum ride series is based on genetically engineered people, isn't it? But he mostly sticks to contemporary.

message 9: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, the dolls are a little creepy.

message 10: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't read the maximum ride series. Have you?

message 11: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Oct 22, 2012 10:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

No...it's a young adult series. I've heard it was good. It's another one of my son's favorites, along with the Witch and the Wizard series.

message 12: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have seen it. It looks cool. I might have to try it after I finish the Witch & Wizard series.

message 13: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

You got to admit their cars are a little creepy too. Hays's car has a female "attendant" with actual arms? I don't think I would like that, lol. Although, it would be nice if cars could drive themselves.

I don't remember now what year they said this was (2026...is that far enough in the future??), but what do you think of the robotics and such? Do you think stuff like that will ever happen?

message 14: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nevermind about the date question...I found it. 2061

message 15: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes, the car attendant had a sexual undercurrent which was creepy. Would you want your car to get fresh with you. I don't think so!!! I wouldn't mind a robot to do my chores for me. We do have robo vacuums.

message 16: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wow...crazy how they all just turn on him when they found out he was human.

message 17: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay finished the first and second parts. I really like the book so far. I was worried because of all the negative reviews, so hopefully it stays good. There's been quite a bit of action so far. I mentioned the dolls (creepy) and the cars (way creepy...I get what you mean about he sexual undercurrent with the car. I hadn't listened to that part yet, but holy cow!)

So now he has a sister...interesting.

I want a robo vac! Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list :D

message 18: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "Wow...crazy how they all just turn on him when they found out he was human."

I agree he was their best agent/Dr and now that they find out he is human, he is scum.

Sometimes I just glance at reviews because I don't want to have a preconceived notion of what to expect.

Thinking about the car and its fingers, I wouldn't mind have a massage while I'm stuck in traffic. LOL

Why did his parents change him and not his sister? Why didn't they tell him about his sister until now?

message 19: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

OMG!! Mood Helmet!!!

message 20: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (last edited Oct 23, 2012 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hays has some built up sexual tension. He is willing to go there with the Mood Helment and an android. I think he needs to stick with Lucy who thank goodness isn't his biological sister.

What did you think about his wife being involved with Morre? Do you think it was a set up? I think they set it up to get to his parents. Do they have Hays bugged because the Elite always seem to show up?

message 21: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "OMG!! Mood Helmet!!!"

LOL!!

message 22: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "Hays has some built up sexual tension. He is willing to go there with the Mood Helment and an android. I think he needs to stick with Lucy who thank goodness isn't his biological sister..."

I was wondering if they could track him somehow. Makes sense with all the implants and the high level of security he had.

His wife being involved is like a twist to the knife in his back. I'm guessing they're going to have a showdown of some sort later.

message 23: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Do you think it was a conincidence that he and his wife (Lizbeth?) hooked up?

message 24: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I think they wanted to get close to Hays's parents because they knew they were part of the resistance. Lizbeth was willing to marry him and have children with him. Are the girls Hays's or Morre's?

message 25: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't know if they are actually either since they are not really born but made in a lab...it would be interesting to know though.

Here's what I've been wondering...Did Hays not know his parents were human? How could he not know?

message 26: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

He didn't know they were human and he didn't know that sometimes he was talking to androids that looked like his parents. Can we question his perceptiveness? I would say Hays was clueless about a lot of things.

message 27: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I agree...living in a dream world perhaps?

message 28: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna the Android is waaaay too creepy.

message 29: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I total agree.

message 30: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

WTH!! He wakes up and can't remember anything. WOW!! I am liking this book. I don't know why so many negative reviews.

message 31: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Belkis will do a buddy read with us if we read Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin. Are you interested? I am next on the waiting list.

message 32: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

There are so many twists and turns in this book. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat.

message 33: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

If you guys both get it before me go ahead and read it without me. It's one of those books I'll read it if I can get it from the library, but I'm not going to by it. My library has it on order, supposedly coming this month. Let me know when you get your copy and I'll check my library again.

message 34: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I wouldn't buy it either. I will let you know. It would be weird doing a buddy read with someone other than you. Hopefully your library will get a copy.

message 35: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I see you finished :) I didn't have time to listen today. Wednesdays are always crazy busy. I'll be able to hopefully finish up tomorrow.

message 36: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I had to know what happened that's why I finished it.

message 37: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished. I liked it and am glad we 'read' it. Here are my thoughts:

I liked Hays. He makes a good hero. I liked the sister too (I already forgot her name!). My only quip with the book is that the action seemed to happen way too fast. I thought the twists were great and the suspense, I just would have liked the actual attack at the end to have been more. From the way it ended it sounds like there may be another book in the future...? Toys are definitely creepy.

message 38: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

So which one did we decided to do next? If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

message 39: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sounds good since I still don't have Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin or Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore

message 40: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "Finished. I liked it and am glad we 'read' it. Here are my thoughts:

I liked Hays. He makes a good hero. I liked the sister too (I already forgot her name!). My only quip with the book is t..."

What did you think about the pill Hays and his wife took to inhance their sexual experience? For Real!!! Nine!! I don't think I could manage that. Toys are totally creepy. It was interesting how it ended.
I enjoyed both Hays and Lucy. Lizbeth, even though I didn't like her she was a good character to hate.

message 41: by Leigh, Wonder Woman (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just download The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa and Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers. I am excited about both of them.

message 42: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "What did you think about the pill Hays and his wife took to inhance their sexual experience? For Real!!! Nine!! I don't think I could manage that. Toys are totally creepy. It was interesting how it ended.
I enjoyed both Hays and Lucy. Lizbeth, even though I didn't like her she was a good character to hate..."

Lol! I was surprised they didn't just have an implant for that instead of having to take a pill :)

Oh yeah, what about the president being 87% robot or mechanical? He wasn't even close to human!