~**Author's United**~ discussion

Help that's Needed! > Writers Block

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (Oceanwhisper) Okay, this, as everyone knows, is a writers worst enemy! Writer's block. If you need some help (making decisions etc.) due to writer's block, feel free to post it here, and people can help you out!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I REALLY NEED HELP! For my dragon story I am writing I have come to a wall. the main character and the story is mostly about dragons. But I have always loved dragons riders, so now i must ask the question. Do i want to have humans and dragons bonding in general and do i want one of my main characters to bond? AND I DON'T KNOW! I can't decided so i really need opinions and what comments. I want to know what you people think!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (Oceanwhisper) Hmmm.... Could you give us more info on the situation? LIke what does she feel towards humans? Is she envious of the dragons that have riders? Or does she despise them and hopes she never bonds? How much longer do you want to make your book? Is it necessary for the plot for her to have a rider?

Ask yourself these questions and if the answer isn't obvious, feel free to post again!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok yes there are riders. Umm.. she feels like if she bonds that she want be herself anymore, because even though most dragons get stronger when they bond they also change. She doesn't really think to much of it though and she doesn't really think much of humans, other than it seems they have better relationships with there young than dragons. She has lived in temple training her whole life, so she hasn't seen much of the dragon world let alone the human. and I was thinking that maybe when she bonds it could unlock a certain power she has (can't say what that is but it is a big part of the story) and maybe also make her see the world differently? but i'm still kinda on the line of yes and no....

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (Oceanwhisper) Hmmm.... here's my opinion:

If you want to add more detail/length to your novel, I'd say yes.

If you want to create drama and length, you could do something like she also bonds, but then the human dies etc.

If you want to shorten your novel, I'd say no.

This is just my opinion, so you go with what you want!

message 6: by Pink (Shine) (new)

Pink (Shine) (GhostTowns) | 3 comments Mod
To kill my writers block, I just go on YouTube and watch certain marvel movies scenes and some Crimson Peak scenes to up my stories.