Clean Romances discussion

Looking For... > Any suggestions for Mail Order Brides books - Historical

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bride3) | 3 comments Does anyone have any suggestions for Mail Order Bride books that they really loved. I especially like the ones where they don't want to marry but have no choice and then fall in love later.

message 2: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 84 comments If you like Marcia Lynn McClure, she has "Heavenly Surrender". I really liked that. :)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bride3) | 3 comments Thank you Teryn! I like Marcia too and have read most of her books.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation | 61 comments I have a whole shelf devoted to marriage of convenience stories. They are either mail order brides, forced or arranged marriages, or marriage of convenience that all turn to love as the story progresses. Check it out, maybe there will be something to catch your eye. :)

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bride3) | 3 comments Kathy, thank you so much! I can't wait to check them all out. Thanks for sharing!!!

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal I loved the Hollow Kingdom! Which reminds me, I need to read it again. :)

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol | 7 comments A Bride in the Bargain by Deanne Gist and Short Straw Bride by Karen Whitemeyer are both fun stories. I really liked Heavenly Surrender also, anything Marcia is good!

message 8: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 18 comments Marcia is good! I also liked Bride in the Bargain, it's a really good one. Otherwise I'm going to be checking out Kathy's shelf. Looks like there's some really good ones there.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation | 61 comments Janeal wrote: "Marcia is good! I also liked Bride in the Bargain, it's a really good one. Otherwise I'm going to be checking out Kathy's shelf. Looks like there's some really good ones there."

I loved Bride in the Bargain, so cute!!! Gave me a new appreciation for lumberjacks.

message 10: by Tressa (new)

Tressa (Wishful Endings) | 33 comments I also loved Bride in the Bargain. It's supposed to be in the Christian genre, but it didn't feel specific to that genre to me.

message 11: by Crystal (new)

Crystal There's also 'A Bride Most Begrudging', written by the same author.

message 12: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 18 comments Crystal wrote: "There's also 'A Bride Most Begrudging', written by the same author."

That one is really good, too. And I have to say, with all this talk of it and Bride in the Bargain makes me want to go read them again.

message 13: by Crystal (new)

Crystal No kidding. Too bad I gave up books for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic, I thought it would be a fun thing to do...boy was I wrong. At least I'm catching up with school. ;)

message 14: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 18 comments Crystal wrote: "No kidding. Too bad I gave up books for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic, I thought it would be a fun thing to do...boy was I wrong. At least I'm catching up with school. ;)"

That sounds so, so hard! My life would become very bland. Though my husband would probably like it if I gave them up for a while so he could actually, I don't know, see me. =P Good luck with the whole catching up with school and sticking with the giving up books thing!

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna | 40 comments Try the ones by Carolyn Brown about the 4 sisters who join a wagon train of brides headed for Oregon. They are super cute and "Augusta" is my favorite!

message 16: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Janeal wrote: "Crystal wrote: "No kidding. Too bad I gave up books for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic, I thought it would be a fun thing to do...boy was I wrong. At least I'm catching up with school. ;)"

T..."

I gave up. :/ *sigh* I couldn't do it.

message 17: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 18 comments Crystal wrote: "Janeal wrote: "Crystal wrote: "No kidding. Too bad I gave up books for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic, I thought it would be a fun thing to do...boy was I wrong. At least I'm catching up with..."

At least you made it, what? half way? Books are hard to pull away from.

message 18: by Daris (new)

Daris Howard (darishoward) | 13 comments I actually have one called "The Mail-Order Bride" based loosely on a true story. I am giving away 5 free copies on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17... so sign up. It is also on the Kindle for only 99 cents until mid next week as a promo as it is a new release. http://amzn.com/B00BKEMZHG

message 19: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Janeal wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Janeal wrote: "Crystal wrote: "No kidding. Too bad I gave up books for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic, I thought it would be a fun thing to do...boy was I wrong. At least I'm ..."

That's true. :) Maybe I'll try again next year.

message 20: by LAWonder10 (last edited Mar 18, 2013 01:18AM) (new)

LAWonder10 | 108 comments Lori Copeland has several very good mail order bride books. Faith, Hope, Charity are three of them.

message 21: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (LynCote) | 18 comments Look up Janet Tronstad and Jillian Hart--both have great MOB stories!

message 23: by Louise Sparrow (new)

Louise Sparrow (LouiseX) | 43 comments How about 'The Unexpected Bride' by Lena Goldfinch

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 24: by Donna (last edited Jul 31, 2015 12:49PM) (new)

Donna | 40 comments I just read a taste of heaven by Alexis Harrington and it was not clean. Do I dare even try the other ones you suggested? Maybe you forgot?