Virtual Writers discussion

NaNoWriMo > Who's participating?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) The mods can (of course) feel free to move or delete this thread if it doesn't belong.

I'm trying to connect with other NaNo participants, so I can add them as writing buddies. Can we use this thread to give our NaNo profiles and maybe introduce what we're writing?

I'll be working on the first book in a series about fallen angel, who's trying to find a place on earth after living in hell for two centuries.

This is me: http://nanowrimo.org/en/participants/...

message 2: by Debra (new)

Debra Brown (DebraBrown) | 41 comments Hi Alicia,

I've buddied you, but I can't figure out how to navigate to my page to get my url for you!

Suggestions?

message 3: by Ally (new)

Ally Shields (AllyShields) | 1 comments I'm participating as Iowagal. I'll be writing the 5th book in my urban fantasy series.

message 4: by Alicia (last edited Oct 18, 2012 06:48AM) (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) Debra wrote: "Hi Alicia,

I've buddied you, but I can't figure out how to navigate to my page to get my url for you!

Suggestions?"

I think this is you: http://nanowrimo.org/en/participants/....

message 5: by Debra (last edited Oct 18, 2012 06:59AM) (new)

Debra Brown (DebraBrown) | 41 comments Yes, it is me. Wow, I can't even find it and you did? Thanks. But how do I find it in the future?

I found it yesterday....

message 6: by David (new)

David (davidthewordsmith) | 2 comments This is my first year doing Nanowrimo, and I'll have plenty of time available to me. I've been preparing and brainstorming for a couple of months now, so I'm looking forward to some bad writing! I want to learn from this how to turn off the editor that hounds me so tenaciously, and also to show myself that I can do this much writing on a regular basis.

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) Debra wrote: "Yes, it is me. Wow, I can't even find it and you did? Thanks. But how do I find it in the future?

I found it yesterday...."

Sorry, Debra, I didn't see this question before. If you just click on the MyNaNoWriMo heading, without selecting any of the drop-down options, that takes you to your main profile.

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) J David wrote: "This is my first year doing Nanowrimo, and I'll have plenty of time available to me. I've been preparing and brainstorming for a couple of months now, so I'm looking forward to some bad writing! I ..."

I'm constantly fighting with my "editor" too. It's better now than it used to be. The more I force myself not to edit too much as I write, the more natural it becomes. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to completely turn her off in my first draft, but now I can be productive, and I've found my own drafting style. I think I'm in a good place.

message 9: by Betty (new)

Betty McMahon (bettymcm) | 1 comments In an unusual burst of energy, I signed up. I need to get going on my second novel, so let's hope this works!

message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra Brown (DebraBrown) | 41 comments Alicia wrote: "Debra wrote: "Yes, it is me. Wow, I can't even find it and you did? Thanks. But how do I find it in the future?

I found it yesterday...."

Sorry, Debra, I didn't see this question before. If you j..."

Thank you. I may need to back out on Nano for the second year in a row. :/

message 11: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Williams (Darlene_Williams) I signed up as well. I have no idea what my url is at the moment. I'm not likely to make the word count; I'm selling my home and moving to another city but this will be good incentive to sit down and actually get a lot of work done.