Anything Goes discussion

ARCHIVES > December 2012 Themed Read - Children's Fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments Time for nominations for a December theme. I'll leave ideas open until end of October

message 2: by Chris (last edited Oct 18, 2012 04:30AM) (new)

Chris (calmgrove) How about children's fiction? There's a big range, I know, from picture books to thickish teen novels*, but it might be an excuse to read those books you've been promising yourself to read but not got round to. (You might even 'pre-read' those kids' books you were planning to give as Christmas presents. Just to vet them before giving away, you understand...)

I've got a couple of E Nesbit books waiting, including The Railway Children, which I'm ashamed to say I haven't read although I enjoyed the film very much.

* I of course meant that the novels were thickish, not the teens.

Demigod of donuts  | 5 comments urban fantasy (demon trappers or morganville vampires that kind of stuff)

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments Poll is up for December Themed Read. I's apologise again but you're probably fed up with my grovelling by now!

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments December theme is Children's Fiction, so time to get nostalgic over an old favourite, or maybe go for something you never got to read a s a child. For those who only have time for one book in December, our book of the month "The Moon Coin" also fits right in.

Please let everyone know what you pick. Personally, I feel a Stig of the Dump moment coming on!

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris (calmgrove) If I don't get the Pullman book I'll go for The Railway Children.

message 7: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments I might go for The Water Babies, which I loved as a child.

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments I found myself a second hand copy of The Amazing Mr Blunden, The Amazing Mr Blunden by Antonia Barber, by Antonia Barber. Yay me!