Bookworms discussion

4/5 star Reccomendations!! > Standalone Thriller- All Thrillers including Medical, Legal

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neena (last edited Oct 17, 2012 09:47PM) (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
From my own experience I know one thing; getting a good recommendation for books is such a laborious job. I have wasted so much time reading reviews, surfing websites, looking at other readers’ book shelves. So I thought about starting this thread where you can post your 4/5 star books.

Remember books you gave 5 stars only

And also write a line about to whom you would recommend this book.

message 2: by Satish (new)

Satish Jha | 162 comments The Firm
for all those who love legal thrillers it has all the elements of one by the one who has plenty of brains
then for those who understand the temptation of a youngster to shift from rags to riches

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 17, 2012 07:11PM) (new)

I reccomend the whole Rumpole Omnibus by John Mortimer, featuring the greatest of them all, Horace RUmpole.

An anti-thesis of Perry Mason, Rumpole, as put by P.D.James, is one of those immortal creations like Holmes and Poirot.

Recom. for - Who loves short stories, humor and a great protagonist.

P.S> Its very difficult to chose One Rumpole book, at least for me its very difficult, and since there is no BEST OF RUMPOLE available, I am recommending the whole series.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Fast, formulaic, and gives immense satisfaction. If you are looking for these qualities, read any, I mean, ANY book by James Patterson James Patterson

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex  Mathew  | 18 comments Red Leaves by Thomas H Cook. A much underrated writer.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Adithyajones wrote: "Red Leaves by Thomas H Cook. A much underrated writer."

Thanx for the info!!!

message 7: by Dhaval (new)

Dhaval Thakkar (dthakkar84) | 6 comments Airport by Arthur Hailey