What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: Someone trying to kill girl at arts camp [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 71 comments This one should probably be relatively easy for someone because I'm almost positive it was by R.L. Stine.

A teenager went to an arts camp for acting, and someone starts trying to kill her. There are a bunch of likely suspects, such as a girl who's jealous of her because she keeps getting all the good roles. At one point, someone puts a dead swan over her bed or something. The acting teacher is completely bugfuck and fakes his own suicide by hanging so as to teach the kids method acting, or some such thing. It eventually develops that the person who's trying to kill her is this other camper who's been pretending to be in love with her, and the reason is that he holds her responsible for his brother's suicide because she dated his brother some time ago.

As you see, I remember practically the whole book other than the title.

message 2: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jeniferholly) | 23 comments I'm probably wrong, but perhaps it's Light's Out. It's the only book I can think of.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 28 comments Dear Laura. If you don't find out the title and give me this book for my birthday, I will never forgive you.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember reading this book, its definitely Lights Out by R.L Stine

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 71 comments I'm sorry, I actually don't think it is. I looked at the pages on Amazon, and I'm almost positive it's not the book I'm talking about -- for one thing, that book begins with a letter, and I'm quite sure the book I'm talking about begins with a scene of Our Heroine doing an acting exercise. Thanks, though, for trying.

message 6: by Laura (last edited Dec 27, 2007 07:38PM) (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 71 comments Ok, I found it. It's actually Curtains, and it is, in fact, by R.L. Stine.

Jessica (the one with the bacon), this is totally the book for you.

message 7: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jeniferholly) | 23 comments I'm glad you found it. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I wish I could remember if I read Curtains or not - I read so much R.L. Stine and other YA horror/thrillers that many of them have just melded together in my head. The ones I could distinguish, I added to my bookshelf here on goodreads, but the rest are just one big YA horror blob! LOL

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 71 comments No problem, thanks for trying.