Divergent discussion

The Upcoming Movie!, Divergent > Your Ultimate Divergent Cast

Comments (showing 1-50 of 66) (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 300 comments Mod
Write an actor's/actress's name who you think would fit a character's role the best (and if you feel like putting a tiny explanation for each, then go for it).

Tris/Beatrice Prior

Four/Tobias Eaton

Christina

Will

Peter

Caleb Prior

Andrew Prior (Tris's father)

Natalie Prior (Tris's mother)

Eric

Jeanine Matthews

Tori

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that Tobias should be played by Shiloh Fernandez!

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana (dasspacegandalf) | 3 comments Tris/Beatrice Prior - Taissa Farmiga

Four/Tobias Eaton - This one is the hardest choice EVER! But my tobias would be Ben Barnes

Christina

Will

Peter - Evan Peters

Caleb Prior - Aaron Johnson

Andrew Prior (Tris's father)

Natalie Prior (Tris's mother)

Eric - Samuel Larsen

Jeanine Matthews - Cate Blanchette

Tori - Someone Lucy Liu-ish, but not her.

The Mighty Katara I would have liked Molly Quinn as Tris, but I'm okay with Shailene Woodley. As for Tobias, I want either Jack Reynor or Lucas Till.

message 5: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

For Tobias/Four, I say I would want Colton Haynes because it fits his description really well.

The Mighty Katara Unfortunately for you, he was cast on Arrow (awesome show :D) so he probably won't be Four.

message 7: by Forest (new)

Forest (Forestplamt) Marilyn wrote: "For Tobias/Four, I say I would want Colton Haynes because it fits his description really well."

i so agree but he isn't gonna be four sad :(

message 8: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

It might happen. Don't get too upset.

message 9: by Forest (new)

Forest (Forestplamt) really?

message 10: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

I don't really know, but let's hope.

message 11: by Macy (new)

Macy | 65 comments ALl i care about is if they can act I don't want another Twilight cast where we have to just look forward to Talor taking his shirt off lol. Oh and they have to be cute.

message 12: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

Hahaha you got a point

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm good with Shailene Woodley as Tris, and for Tobias I would love it to be Jack Reynor:)
Lucas Till is too...blond-boy-next-door. Even after his role as Havoc in X-men: First Class. He couldn't do, tall, cold, Four, you know?

message 14: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

Four is NOT cold! hahaha He is just misunderstood a lot of the time

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I love Tobias, so I never thought of him as cold, I just used the word to describe him because certain people (e.g. my BFF) calls him that often and it kind of got ingrained in my brain.

message 16: by Macy (new)

Macy | 65 comments Tobias is only cruel when they try to hurt tris or him obviously or break him and tris apart.

The Mighty Katara Livvly {I got the moves like Jagger!} wrote: "I'm good with Shailene Woodley as Tris, and for Tobias I would love it to be Jack Reynor:)
Lucas Till is too...blond-boy-next-door. Even after his role as Havoc in X-men: First Class. He couldn't d..."

You've seen X-Men: First Class? I thought you hadn't...

And I would describe Four as being kind of cold :P

message 18: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

X-Men and super hero movies in general are awesome! Oh and episodes 4-6 (or the originals you could say) of Star Wars and Indiana Jones (the original ones of course)

The Mighty Katara I love superheroes and their movies. And I like all the Star Wars movies as well.

message 20: by Forest (new)

Forest (Forestplamt) my mum didn't know who Lucas till was so we watched X-Men first class last night out of the four possible fours i'd go with Lucas till the four possible fours are:
lucas till
luke bracey :(> poking tongue out in a gesture that says eww
brenton thwaites
and
jack reynor

The Mighty Katara I really liked Lucas Till in X-Men, but I'm routing for Jack Reynor to play Tobias. Brenton Thwaites... no, just no.

message 22: by Forest (new)

Forest (Forestplamt) he might play a good character in divergent just not tobias

The Mighty Katara Which, Jack or Brenton?

message 24: by Forest (new)

Forest (Forestplamt) brenton

The Mighty Katara I don't really see him as anyone. I don't like his look at all.

message 26: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "I really liked Lucas Till in X-Men, but I'm routing for Jack Reynor to play Tobias. Brenton Thwaites... no, just no."

To me, Jack Reynor doesn't have the right build that I thought was described in the book.

The Mighty Katara His facial expression is so Tobias to me though.

message 28: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1 comments omg!! Colten Haynes to play tobias at first I thought Stevan R Mcqueen because he fits the role really well and has the tattoo thing going for him but I dont think he will audition.... He plays jeremy in vampire diaries and I think he would be fantastichttp://images.buddytv.com/articles/mc...

this is the guy for the job^

The Mighty Katara Colton Haynes is joining Arrow now though... probably not going to be Four.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "Livvly {I got the moves like Jagger!} wrote: "I'm good with Shailene Woodley as Tris, and for Tobias I would love it to be Jack Reynor:)
Lucas Till is too...blond-boy-next-door. Even after his role..."

I saw it like, three days ago (finally). BEST X-MEN MOVIE YET!!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Marilyn wrote: "X-Men and super hero movies in general are awesome! Oh and episodes 4-6 (or the originals you could say) of Star Wars and Indiana Jones (the original ones of course)"

The Mighty Katara wrote: "I love superheroes and their movies. And I like all the Star Wars movies as well."

Wow, you guys are officially on my Geek Out With list nowXD

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Monique wrote: "my mum didn't know who Lucas till was so we watched X-Men first class last night out of the four possible fours i'd go with Lucas till the four possible fours are:
lucas till
luke bracey :(> poking..."

If worse comes to worse, Luke Bracey isn't...awful, thought definitely not my first choice.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "I really liked Lucas Till in X-Men, but I'm routing for Jack Reynor to play Tobias. Brenton Thwaites... no, just no."

I think Jack Reynor could do a good Tobias too:) And Brenton Thwaites...his eyebrows scare me.
Plus he looks kind of wimpy and skimpy, not lean and muscled (which Tobias is supposed to be). Jack Reynor isn't lean either, but he has the face, like you said.

message 34: by The Mighty Katara (last edited Dec 19, 2012 10:26AM) (new)

The Mighty Katara Livvly {I got the moves like Jagger!} wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "X-Men and super hero movies in general are awesome! Oh and episodes 4-6 (or the originals you could say) of Star Wars and Indiana Jones (the original ones of course)"

The Mighty Ka..."

Awesome, I can always use people to geek out with :) And I definitely agree with you about First Class: I thought that was by far the best X-Men movie they've made. Even though it had Jennifer Lawrence :P

message 35: by The Mighty Katara (last edited Dec 19, 2012 10:25AM) (new)

The Mighty Katara Livvly {I got the moves like Jagger!} wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "I really liked Lucas Till in X-Men, but I'm routing for Jack Reynor to play Tobias. Brenton Thwaites... no, just no."

I think Jack Reynor could do a good Tobias too:) And..."

Yeah, Thwaites is just too much of a pretty boy for my tastes. He's going to be in Transformers though, so he probably won't be in Divergent. And Jack Reynor is kind of hot :D

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "Livvly {I got the moves like Jagger!} wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "I really liked Lucas Till in X-Men, but I'm routing for Jack Reynor to play Tobias. Brenton Thwaites... no, just no."

I thin..."

LOL, yeah, Jack Reynor is:) He's just like Four! XD

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "Livvly {I got the moves like Jagger!} wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "X-Men and super hero movies in general are awesome! Oh and episodes 4-6 (or the originals you could say) of Star Wars and Indiana Jones..."

Hey, don't rain on a girl's THG parade. She wasn't the most amazing Mistique ever (I actually don't think she was that good as the character at all), but Katniss she nails.

The Mighty Katara Was nailing the character of Katniss a good thing?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Lydia...*shakes fist*

The Mighty Katara It had to be said :P But I do agree that she embodied the spirit of Katniss pretty well. But in X-Men, she was kind of annoying. I'm a big fan of James McAvoy in the two movies I've seen him in, and Michael Fassbender did an amazing job with Magneto. Of the younger X-Men, I liked Havok and Banshee the best.

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 22, 2012 06:50AM) (new)

May I ask why Havok......?

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 22, 2012 06:52AM) (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "It had to be said :P But I do agree that she embodied the spirit of Katniss pretty well. But in X-Men, she was kind of annoying. I'm a big fan of James McAvoy in the two movies I've seen him in, an..."

I've loved James McAvoy in the movies I've seen him in too, and who doesn't love Michael Fassbender (you should have seen my parents through the entire movie. Mom was drooling and Dad was glaring)?

The Mighty Katara Lol, I've never seen Michael Fassbender in any other movies. I should maybe check out some of his other roles.

In answer to your Havok question, I thought he was one of the more interesting characters in the movie. Plus, he was cute, so that helped :D

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL, I always loved Havok in the comic books. I just found his powers interesting. And Banshee didn't get enough attention in the movie, I think. He's also one of my favorite comic-book characters.

The Mighty Katara I've never read the X-Men comics. I've read a couple of DC ones, but no Marvel. But Havok was cool in the movie.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Marvel comics totally top DC (don't tell my brother I said that), especially X-Men. You've gotta read at least one:)

The Mighty Katara Lol, my oldest brother would be so upset if he saw your comment; we're all big DC fans in my family. My problem with Marvel comics is that I don't like their heroes as much. DC has Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Batman, and many more that I love. I really only like Spiderman and Captain America from the Marvel Universe. But I will read an X-Men comic at some point, just to make you happy :D What are some good ones?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm...the X-Men have these oldish comics-they're called What If?-and they're basically twists on the normal stories, like What If Rogue and Night-crawler were raised together and fell in love, or stuff like that.
Love those ones:)
And also, ones with Wolverine and Rogue or Rogue and Gambit, are all pretty good.
And Marvel has awesome characters! Spiderman, Ironman, X-Men, Captain America, the Avengers...I could go on forever.
Your older brother needs to rethink his take on Marvel:)

The Mighty Katara I dislike Ironman actually. Idk, he just seems kinda lame to me. I really only love Spidey and Captain America, but I will certainly check out some of these comics you have recommended.

I don't think he's going to change his ideas lol. Danny, my older brother, and I all love the Justice League but weren't fans of the Avengers. Maybe I'll change my mind when I read some of their comics :)

message 50: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (theykepttheirsilence) Brenton Thwaites definitly should play Tobias!

« previous 1