MormonReads discussion

Picking a book to read and dicuss

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pat (new)

Pat (pholman) | 23 comments Mod
Should we pick a book to read and disciuss for the MormonReads group?

Any suggestions?

When do you want to start?

I like this Idea, does anyone else?

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben I think this is a good idea. A book a month would be a good rate, starting in February. I think Bushman's Joseph Smith and the beginnings of Mormonism would be a good one.

Other possibilities:

Brigham Young: American Moses
Mormon Enigma: Emma Hale Smith
By the Hand of Mormon by Terry Givens

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben It sounds like you are referring to A History of Joseph Smith by his Mother, Lucy Mack Smith. I read it a couple of years ago and thought it was very good. I think it would be a solid option as well.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to take Ben's suggestion as well. Let's start with Bushman's Joseph Smith and the beginnings of Mormonism for February.

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben Sounds like I plan. I am going to start reading today. We should also post a new section where we can discuss the book.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmbohn) | 71 comments Mod
Just found this group. I will look for a copy of the Bushman book at the library. When should we try to have it finished by?

I'm glad I found this group. My ward book club just sort of fizzled out, and I am missing it already!

CMB

message 7: by Ben (new)

Ben I think we should try and have the book finished by the end of the month, so we can start a new one in March if we want. Its under 200 pages so it shouldn't take too long.