What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ghost of Graydon Place (Windswept, #10)
This topic is about The Ghost of Graydon Place
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Group of Kids gets stranded in blizzard in old house meet a ghost [s]

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Coy (josephscoy) | 8 comments I read this book in Grade School. It was about a group of teenagers who get stranded in a blizzard and take shelter in an old house. They are able to start a fire in the chimney and I remember that they spell out "Help" with black trash bags in the snow, pouring water over the bags to freeze them in place. A helicopter sees the message and drops off some food for them. One of the girls gets visited by a girl ghost who lived in the house and she tries to help solve her mystery. I also remember that there was something about a drawer in the kitchen (maybe a pull-out cutting board) that was too short and when she removed it there was a diary inside or something like that. It turns out that there was something to do with Laudanum if I remember correctly. Thanks!

message 2: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 27 comments I think this is The Ghost of Graydon Place - that one definitely involved laudanum, and the trash bag thing sounds familiar.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Coy (josephscoy) | 8 comments That is definitely it, thank you so much Lindsay!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah White | 1 comments Amazing. I've been trying to remember the name of this book for YEARS. I read it when I was probably about 10 years old and I loved it. Never could remember anything to do with the title.
I just found this site now, and joined to look it up, and it immediately appears with my first query. I'm giddy!