Bookworms discussion

Monthly Fiction Suggestions > Literary Fiction 20th Century Classics Poll for NOV 2012

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Srinivas (new)

Srinivas (21stnomad) | 55 comments Of Mice and Men

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Srinivas wrote: "Of Mice and Men"

Vote

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/80...

message 3: by Krishna Pramod (new)

Krishna Pramod | 5 comments Of Mice and Men

message 4: by Mala (new)

Mala I voted for To Kill a Mocking Bird as I feel this classic tale dealing with racist issues is still very relevant .I'm ofcourse,thinking of the subtle racism one comes across on Goodreads,time & again!
My second choice is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest & third is Of Mice and Men.
Infact all the books listed here are substantial ones & I must congratulate the nominators for their excellent taste!

message 5: by Nishpriha (new)

Nishpriha | 1 comments To Kill a Mocking Bird

message 6: by Aparna (new)

Aparna | 192 comments Rebecca. It deals with feminism and different ways of dealing with issues faced in relationships (of any nature) which I personally feel can teach us lessons in our own lives.

message 7: by Satish (new)

Satish Jha | 162 comments A little background will help to understand the main issue in the book to kill a mocking bird.Southern states before civil war changes after civil war Rise of ku klux klan compromise made in 1877 presidential election Jim crow laws lynchings etc.Great debators is also a good source to feel the heat against blacks of that time.That said innocence of characters portrayed by Lee is its USP.

message 8: by Puja (new)

Puja Gupta (JasmineTiger) | 10 comments To kill a Mocking bird...first read in class 7... liked it

message 9: by Neena (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
Rebecca.....seems so intriguing....but I allready got all other books from library yesterday...have to read all.....

message 10: by hari (new)

hari (harimattathil) | 8 comments to kill a mocking bird ....

message 11: by Nafisa (new)

Nafisa (nafisasalati) | 1 comments to kill a mocking bird

message 12: by Amitha (new)

Amitha | 2 comments I've watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest the movie...
Jack Nicholson is exceptional in it!!!

message 13: by Amitha (new)

Amitha | 2 comments i've voted for Rebecca..
I've already read To kill a Mocking Bird.. Amazing book! :)

message 14: by D. (new)

D. Biswas (Damyanti) | 15 comments One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest, since I've been wanting to read it :)