Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > date added etc...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Scarlett,

A couple of things:

You can keep your added books off your update feed (but not your friends' email) by changing your preferences in your account.

But, date added is always an option. If you go to the very top of that scroll down menu for date read, the very top is blank, which then does not show date read. Now, some people choose to add date read for all their books as it doesn't really matter when you read a book - your rating/review can still be useful to other members.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Scarlett, It may be a bug. When you unchecked the boxes, did you remember to click save at the bottom of the page? That's necessary to save your preferences. If you did so, others have also complained about this kind of problem. I suggest you post about what's happening in the bugs folder. You might want to search the threads first (at least give it a try) to add to a thread, but if you can't find one, feel free to start a new thread. I hope it resolves for you. It's a bit of a pain to have to manually remove a lot at a time from your update feed.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 1928 comments Scarlett, also, changing your preferences isn't retroactive -- if you've already added something to your feed, it'll stay there unless you manually remove it.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Cait, Thank you for saying that. I'd thought of that after I posted.