Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Recommending books to friends

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Benninghofen (AKB1) | 2 comments Why is it that when I recommend a book via the book page, it does not show up in my review under "I would recommend to:___" And when I enter a name in that field, it doesn't show up in my recommendations? Should all of that sync?

Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) (liannelavoie) | 171 comments I think the "I would recommend to" field is more intended for things like "I would recommend this to people who like Harry Potter", rather than specific people.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant | 457 comments you can recommend books to specific friends, they do it all the time to me!

Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) (liannelavoie) | 171 comments Paul wrote: "you can recommend books to specific friends, they do it all the time to me!"

Yes, but that is not done through that field.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant | 457 comments ah, okay! I was not concentrating!

message 6: by Laima (last edited Oct 15, 2012 12:57PM) (new)

Laima | 124 comments A.K. wrote: "Why is it that when I recommend a book via the book page, it does not show up in my review under "I would recommend to:___" And when I enter a name in that field, it doesn't show up in my recommend..."

I think that part is found at the very bottom of your review page..... under more options

Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) (liannelavoie) | 171 comments The "I would recommend to" field is on the review page under more options.

To recommend a book to a friend, look on the book page under the Friend Reviews section. If none of your friends have added the book, it's a big obvious button. Otherwise it's a link down below your friends' reviews.

message 8: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Benninghofen (AKB1) | 2 comments Thank you, all! I get it now.