Dragaera discussion

Other > Chrono or Publish

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 46 comments Mod
Do you prefer to read the series Vlad Taltos in Chronological or Publishing order?

message 2: by Cole (new)

Okay, I prefer Chronological for most series.

message 3: by Rosario (new)

Rosario Sprague | 10 comments I actually got more confused reading in crono order. I think the development of Vlad changes each book, even when he jum.ps back in time there is more to the character.

message 4: by Rosario (new)

Rosario Sprague | 10 comments Reading Phoenix guard and five hundred years after would have been way different if i hadn't known the final outcome.

message 5: by Cole (new)

Rosario wrote: "Reading Phoenix guard and five hundred years after would have been way different if i hadn't known the final outcome."

I actually haven't read those yet. So I should have read those first?

message 6: by Cole (new)

Rosario wrote: "I actually got more confused reading in crono order. I think the development of Vlad changes each book, even when he jum.ps back in time there is more to the character."

This series is just confusing in general! I would just say to play it safe read it publishing. Maybe, if you want to reread it... read it chronological. That is what I did, I got so much out of reading it in chronological. The publication order though... the author manages to connect them together in what ever way he can. So either way is fine, it might be easier to do publishing but I like chronological better.

message 7: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 2 comments The few I have read I read in publishing order. If I were to restart and try to read them all I'd probably read in publishing order, just cause it's been so long.

message 8: by Cole (new)

Seems everyone like publishing order.
Well there you go Alexis, you have heard the people!

message 9: by Cole (new)

Yep, real busy. He is planing on writing 19 in the series.

message 10: by Joris (new)

Joris Van regemortel | 1 comments I would absolutely suggest to read it in published order!

message 11: by Jumana (new)

Jumana | 2 comments I read this series in a throw a dart order, it worked out fine. Each book is self contained and different in tone from all the others, so I don't think the order matters much.

message 12: by Cole (new)

You are right, they all good stories in them selvea.

message 13: by Rosario (new)

Rosario Sprague | 10 comments These are so good, it doesn't matter, but it is nice to have some of the back story when reading. Kinda weird reading "five hundred years after" when you ultimately know what happens with Adron's Disaster.

message 14: by Cole (new)

I bet!

message 15: by Dave (new)

Dave Lum (DaveLum) | 1 comments Definitely publish order. I agree with Rosaria. Vlad's character grows as the novels were created. Also, I think there were characters you meet that have mysterious histories. Then you get to learn them. I think it's better that way.