Litwit Lounge discussion

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reggia (last edited Oct 14, 2012 08:53PM) (new)

Reggia | 2072 comments I just took nearly 100 books off my read list. They seem to have been added to it in July. After deleting several times in a row, they are still showing. Arrggh!

Don't understand this... some I've never heard of, some I've never even looked at and some I've read but not on the date that is showing. This is so bizarre!

message 2: by Charly (new)

Charly | 3468 comments I haven't really noticed in my lists but I must admit I haven't paid that much attention. Maybe you need to add a "phantom" shelf and move them all there.

I'll take a look at my lists later today. Sometimes you have to log out and come back in for the changes to show. Or at least go away from that page to like home or profile and then come back.

Remember however that this will get better if you smile, while you are dealing with it. Take care my friend.

message 3: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1514 comments So far, I don't seem to be having the same problem. But you have my total sympathy, Reggia! Hope they fix that glitch soon.

Have you reported it in the Goodreads Feedback group? If you don't belong already, that's a good group to join; the members of the Goodreads management team belong to it, and check the posts regularly, so it's THE place to report any kind of site issues. (The only problem is that if you receive daily notices of postings there, the avalanche of them will overwhelm all your other group postings, and take ages to scroll through; but you can opt out of that feature!)

message 4: by Reggia (new)

Reggia | 2072 comments Thanks for the feedback, guys. Smiling 'cus Charly reminded me, too, oops! especially after coming back and finding them all there again.

I'll look for the feedback group, Werner... certainly would be interested to know if anyone else has had this problem and how they may have solved it.

Well, time for coffee and then another day or work. Can't wait to get back home, relax and read! :-)

message 5: by Charly (new)

Charly | 3468 comments I did a quick check of my numbers of books and they seem about the same. a quick scan of my books didn't seem to show anything more out of the ordinary than my list itself (LOL).

Hope your work day is quick and your relaxation lengthy.

message 6: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1514 comments Glad your books are all back in their right virtual places, Reggia! Have a great day (and a good time reading afterwards!).

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 83 comments I did a quick check too. I can see where it would be annoying, but I didn't see anything obviously wrong in my list either. I hope you get this resolved.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1753 comments I haven't acquired any phantom books against my will, but sometimes I have difficulties getting my updates and shelf changes to save.