The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) The Raven Boys discussion

Is this book really good?

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kassandra I have heard good things about it and i was just currious

message 2: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Kassandra wrote: "I have heard good things about it and i was just currious"

i heard it was bit diff?

Eris Vianney Of course it was good - it features well created characters and a unique storyline that isn't out there in YA. However, why don't you check out the book yourself and make up your own mind? I will say that it won't be a waste of your time. :)

message 4: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Eris ~ Time Lord Unvictorious wrote: "Of course it was good - it features well created characters and a unique storyline that isn't out there in YA. However, why don't you check out the book yourself and make up your own mind? I will s..."

ok i will give it look later on. tks for the hought

message 5: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia k

Hady Gómez I loved it! the plot is so interesting, is really well written, and the characters are unique :)

Arion I absolutely adore it, but it could be confusing at times or rather thought provoking which is a great and rare thing in books lately, especially in ya. I recommend it

message 8: by Anne (last edited Oct 30, 2012 06:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne I liked it! Not love because it was kinda confusing. Fav Character is Gansey!

Yanery It was amazing. It leaves so much unsolved but I am so looking forward to the next one. It is really poetic a bit scary at times and I love every single raven boy... as well as their Jane (haha)

Hannah Omg loved it I gave it five stars it was unique, interesting, one of those books I think u will get more out it the more times u read it. Deffinetly give it a go

Danielle It's a really amazing unique story!! An amazing idea, something you have never read before. Also if you loved maggie stiefvaters other books to will devour this too :)

Hannah Danielle wrote: "It's a really amazing unique story!! An amazing idea, something you have never read before. Also if you loved maggie stiefvaters other books to will devour this too :)"

Completely agree

message 13: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Hannah wrote: "Danielle wrote: "It's a really amazing unique story!! An amazing idea, something you have never read before. Also if you loved maggie stiefvaters other books to will devour this too :)"

Completely..."

yep

message 14: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i like reading some of Maggie Stiefvaters books as well.

GinAndCats YES<3

message 16: by Jay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jay Yeah

Jamila Ally wrote: "It was amazing. It leaves so much unsolved but I am so looking forward to the next one. It is really poetic a bit scary at times and I love every single raven boy... as well as their Jane (haha)"

I also thought it was scary, at times (Neeve in the backyard). My three favorite scenes are the boys' tarot card reading, when Gansey figures out about Noah, and Adam's fight with his father. Stiefvater included so much poetry and mystery into the novel that I loved. I can't wait to re-read it right before book #2 comes out.

message 18: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Jamila wrote: "Ally wrote: "It was amazing. It leaves so much unsolved but I am so looking forward to the next one. It is really poetic a bit scary at times and I love every single raven boy... as well as their J..."

yea

message 19: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i like both 1 and 2 of her series, from Stiefvater books its cool.

Nuzaifa - Word Contessa It was awesome!unlike any other YA Fantasy book-the storyline was truly original. =)

You can see my review Review : The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater

message 21: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "It was awesome!unlike any other YA Fantasy book-the storyline was truly original. =)

You can see my review Review : The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater"

yea i just saw it. quite good there.

message 22: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia :)

Nuzaifa - Word Contessa Peace wrote: ":)"

I'm glad you like the review,Peace! :)

And Guess what?I have a SIGNED copy of the book! *love showing off my books!* :P

Btw What do you think of the blog?

message 24: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "Peace wrote: ":)"

I'm glad you like the review,Peace! :)

And Guess what?I have a SIGNED copy of the book! *love showing off my books!* :P

Btw What do you think of the blog?"

its not 2 bad. where did u find it?

message 25: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia oh btw i didnt know that the same writer that wrote shiver, also worte the book, Raven boy..

Nuzaifa - Word Contessa Both books were written by Maggie Stiefvater.I won it in a blog giveaway. :)

message 27: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "Both books were written by Maggie Stiefvater.I won it in a blog giveaway. :)"

great that cool. congrats.

message 28: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia who else won the book, that there.

Nuzaifa - Word Contessa Peace wrote: "who else won the book, that there."

I've just started blogging and I'm hoping to have a giveaway soon so stay tuned!Maybe you'll be able to win your book! :D

You can follow me here http://nuzsaysitwithbooks.blogspot.com/

message 30: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "Peace wrote: "who else won the book, that there."

I've just started blogging and I'm hoping to have a giveaway soon so stay tuned!Maybe you'll be able to win your book! :D

You can follow me here ..."

ok cool

message 31: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i check that out.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Raven Boys (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maggie Stiefvater (other topics)