Chicks On Lit discussion

Girl Talk > Chicks Present Thank Yous

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
This is your place to thank those that sent you your present. I have the master list so if yours doesnt have a name on it let me know and I can verify who it was. I hope everyone got theres on time and that the mail was working properly. If you sent yours but fear it was sent out too late feel free to let your chick know here that it may be a day or too late but you sent it and it will be there.

message 2: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 354 comments HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Girls!

I told my 3 year that today was Valentines day and that means I could open my package. He says "really?! Can I see?! I'm a good ripper!!" Needless to say he had a great time opening the package.

Thank you to Debbie! I love wind chimes but haven't had any since we moved into a house. Now I have some to hang in a window. My son was very excited to get "pipes". I've already used the lotion, and am looking forward to using the cool journal. I really like inspirational quotes.

Dopey, me.....I realized after opening my package and finding my secret CoL's name inside that I forgot to put my name inside my secret CoL's package! Doh!! So.....

Cyndi - I am your secret CoL! Sorry I forgot to add a card inside.

message 3: by Debbie (last edited Feb 14, 2009 06:57AM) (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Roxy, Since I was the one who sent the pkg to you, I REALLY had fun reading those comments that you posted about your package saying things to you!!
I'm glad your son was so excited about the "pipes" and getting to open the pkg.
Glad you like the items :-)

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli I love that CoL's birthday is on my fave holiday...makes this day that much more special to me!!

I opened my gift this morning and Thauna....thank you soo much!! I have really been wanting to read both of those books and the bracelets are just darling. Really---you did a great job!! I appreciate the thought you put into my gift...thank you!

message 5: by Debbie (last edited Feb 14, 2009 07:22AM) (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Sonja, Thank you for the journal. I love it! I will think of you each time I use it :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

message 6: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Thank you TISH!! Love the lotion, stickers and post-its!! Of my gazillion stickers, I didn't have any of the ones you sent!!

This was fun :)
Happy Birthday Chicks!

message 7: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Cindy, you are too generous, and thanks! Love the books, love the candles, love the little candy hearts -- everything was great, and lots of fun. It was like a magic box -- the more I pulled out of it, the more there was still inside! Even the pink styrofoam peanuts fit the Valentine's theme.

message 8: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (airingdirtylaundry) My secret chick ROCKS! Ashley sent me two cute little candle holders with vanilla-scented candles--perfect for me to light when I take a long hot bath this afternoon to get rid of the winter chills! She also sent me note cards, a journal with the Eiffel Tower on it, and two handmade (I'm assuming!) bookmarks!

I know it's weird, but I'm really particular about bookmarks . . .and these are perfect! I hate the laminated store-bought ones with the big tassels because they slide right out of books. These are made from fabric cut with zigzag scissors and have a small tassel made of a single piece of yarn. Perfect for staying in a book because they aren't slippery like the laminated ones and aren't top-heavy with a crazy pompom of a tassel.

My husband still doesn't understand how someone I've never met and only know through goodreads can send me a box full of stuff I LOVE, yet he can't buy me a birthday present without stressing endlessly. I just winked at him and told him "Chicks know chicks"!

message 9: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (airingdirtylaundry) Just realized I didn't actually say "thank you", so THANK YOU, ASHLEY!

message 10: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Shawna said: My husband still doesn't understand how someone I've never met and only know through goodreads can send me a box full of stuff I LOVE, yet he can't buy me a birthday present without stressing endlessly. I just winked at him and told him "Chicks know chicks"!"

Funny.....my husband and I had the same conversation this morning!

message 11: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Bump (Mountainsweetie) | 7 comments Cyndi...Thank you so much for my gift! It is perfect. I love the book marks and the dust jackets on my books will be soooooo relieved! With the year just starting I have tons of cards to mail out and the stamps are greatly appreciated!!

message 12: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (SydneyH) Hannah - Thanks so much for the fabulous purple sparkly yarn! I LOVE it!! It is perfect! I haven't decided if I'll make a small pouch/purse, a scarf, or something else. I will take pictures and post them on my blog!

I also don't think my husband quite gets this whole making friends-with-people-on-a-book-website thing, but I just love it! Shawna, your comment is so cute! "Chicks know chicks!" I think that should be the group motto!

This was soooo much fun! I hope we do it again next year!

message 13: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
I just got and opened mine. THANK YOU KATHY. I just love it. So me, so perfect so thank you!

Katie L.
I am your secret chick but I have to admit I've never sent anything internationally before so I HOPE I allowed enough time for it to get there. I also have never had to deal with customs so I just left the price on the gift. I felt like a heel about that but I wasn't sure what to do since the reciept had other things I bought that day on it.
ANYWAYS. I hope it gets there in time and if not keep a look at and know I love ya!
xoxo
T~

message 14: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Happy Birthday all of you great Chicks!! and Happy Valentine's Day too! Marilyn-YOU ROCK!!!
I just got up, yes I slept in! Opened my present that has been taunting me and I am thrilled! I got a bag of Hazelnut coffee from a company called Mariposa Coffee Company; can't wait to try it! I got a cute little notepad with a coffee cup on it, Shasta Daisy seeds that I may just have to plant today...it would work here in Arizona! I got an awesome bookmark, some little sweet smelling candles and a couple of hand-written recipes one for Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies and one for pie crust! Can't wait to try them out. And all of this is from Marilyn!
Marilyn a big smile and hug to you! Thanks for making my day!
And Tera, thanks so much for organizing this fantastic surprise! Just enjoy you guys and this group so much...my family probably gets tired of hearing me talk about you all!

Hope the day brings more sweet surprises for me and all of you too!

message 15: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments Thank you Jo! I absolutely love the mug! (I'm drinking some coffee right now because I just couldn't wait to use it!)

I totally agree that "Chicks know chicks" should be the group motto! This was a fabulous idea and I hope we can continue doing awesome stuff like this!

Happy CoL Birthday & Valentines Day to everyone!

message 16: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (CHill77) Roxy, were you my secret chick? Mine didn't have a name in it!!!
Whoever you are secret chick, I LOVE my journal and pen!!!
Happy Birthday COL!!! And Happy Valentine's Day to all my favorite chickies!!!

message 17: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (CHill77) Roxy wrote: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Girls!

I told my 3 year that today was Valentines day and that means I could open my package. He says "really?! Can I see?! I'm a good ripper!!" Needless to say he had a great t..."

DUH!!! I didn't read your whole post, Roxy!!! Thanks so much! I had just let it be known that I have a blog that I'm too scared to share and that I want to start journaling also!!

message 18: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 354 comments Yup, yup. That was my. Totally didn't dawn on me that I could put my name inside so you wouldn't find out until today.
You are very welcome. I'm glad you like them.

message 19: by Tish (new)

Tish | 59 comments Happy Birthday COL!!
Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!!

Thanks Meg for the Amazon gift card. Can not wait to use it!!! I love the card too. I am going to Home Goods to frame it.

message 20: by Thauna (new)

Thauna Hey Holli...how'd you know it was me??? lol I was afraid to leave off my return address and I thought we were suppose to be "secret"... I hope the braclets fit and you like the colors. I had fun making them for you, but I need to work on the knots. haha

message 21: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments Thanks again , Sydney..didn't want you to feel left out even though I have already posted to you! :)

message 22: by Pam (new)

Pam (pammylee76) I got a copy of "97 Ways to Make Your Dog Smile"! I love it - and I know that my pups will love it when I start trying out the suggestions in the book!

Thank you so much Mary!!

message 23: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Oh what a great book Pam! You'll enjoy it.

message 24: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments Thank you to whoever sent me a beautiful beaded bracelet! I love the colors in it. Please let me know who you are so I can say a proper thank you! :)

Sydney,
So glad you liked your yarn! I saw it & fell in love with it right away. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) Sonja, You're welcome and I'm so glad you liked it! (I was tempted to get one for me too!)

I've already thanked Holli in the secret chick gifr thread but I wanted to thank her again!

message 26: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Happy Birthday to all my COL goodreads friends. What a fun thing for us to all do, I just love this group,.

Shelby I love the memo pad you made me. I am on a mini vacation and packed it so I wouldn't cheat and open it early. Unfortunately at this hotel you have to pay to get on the internet. I packed my laptop and now I am online. Thank you so much! I love the angel. It is a very special gift to me.

Tish I am so glad you are going to use the Amazon card and that you liked the card.

Happy day to you all!

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (FindingJackie) | 214 comments Courtney,

thanks for The History of Love and the booksmarks! My husband just laughed when he saw the bookmarks and asked me how many I really needed. He just doesn't understand. :)

Kathy W.,

My DC tracker says your gift hasn't been delivered yet (seems it decided for an extended stay in Atlanta). I hope you enjoy it!

message 28: by Holli (last edited Feb 15, 2009 06:19AM) (new)

Holli Thauna....I remembered that you live in Centerville, UT so I knew the second I got my box. I was so excited...I couldn't wait to see what you had put in there!! I love the bracelets....very cute and perfect colors..... you did a great job!!

Gosh Mom....you really did get Cindy alot of stuff. That's cool :) I'm glad you liked it all Cindy---my mom always buys neat stuff for me so I knew you'd be getting alot of fun stuff! LOL

message 29: by Kathy (last edited Feb 15, 2009 06:49AM) (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 111 comments Pam,
Thank you so much for gorgeous Snowman mug, the hand creams, and the air freshener. I love it all. I am a huge fan of snowmen, so you couldn't have picked a more perfect gift than that for me. It also happens that I love coffee and mugs. The lotions, well you must be mind reader. I had gotten a tube of hand lotion from a hospital gift shop some time ago. It was the Time & Again lotion, and it was just yummy, in feel and scent. When I saw that the four little lotions you sent were Time & Again, I immediately removed the lids and smelled them. Ahhh, so nice. And, it is time for a new air freshener in my car. You did good, darling. Thanks.

message 30: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) Kathy, thank you for the book, bookmark, and post its. You don't know how desperately I needed a bookmark so I was SO excited to get it. Plus, it's beautiful!! I'm excited to read the book. Thank you so much!! Perfect gift!

Jackie, I'm glad you liked your gift. I hope that you are able to use the bookmark. I figured a girl could never have too many!

message 31: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 111 comments You're welcome Courtney. It was fun getting it together for you.

message 32: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (Kristen120378) Hannah, I was your secret chick. I'm so glad you liked your gift! It is a 'Kristen Original". Who knows, it may be worth something some day! Happy Chicks Birthday!

Thanks Shawna for my gift! Hopefully soon I'll have a garden to be able to use it in!

message 33: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments You're welcome, Ashley. Funny story about those fancy M&Ms. I swear I thought they were individually wrapped in foil, and I didn't realize they weren't until after I sent your package, and I tried to unwrap one and eat it!

message 34: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (Kristen120378) I just learned a good lesson. Always look in the box before assuming what you received. Shawna, thanks for the coffee, travel mug, body wash and newspaper! Great gift. Will use them a lot! Hope you are doing well and feeling better. Congrats about your first baby!

message 35: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
If anyone hasn't received their gift by mid week or so please let me know in message.
Thanks
T~

message 36: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (airingdirtylaundry) Kristen--after I wrapped up the box, I realized I should have put something on the outside of the box to tell you that the contents weren't what they appeared to be instead of writing ot on the card--sorry!

message 37: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments teri wrote: "And now I HAVE to know -- HOW did you get that picture of our little COL chick ..."

Teri, I was so tickled to find that bookmark - I'm glad you liked it! It had a spot for a picture and I just printed our Chick and slipped it in there :) Enjoy!

message 38: by April (new)

April (awentz) Teri-Thank you for the bookmark and gift card. My husband has banned me from buying new books so the card is greatly appreciated!!!

message 39: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments Dawn thanks for The Other Boleyn Girl......

message 40: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments Cyn- thanks for the great box of stuff!! the jewels are most bangley! the chocolate, well i now drool chocolate... and the recipe book! well russ now expects me to DIG A HOLE to make some kind of baked bean recipe!!
(and then there's the sweet lips thing along with the wonderfully smelling bright blossoms.. good thing i will have sweet lips!)
your the bomb babe! thanks!!!

message 41: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 66 comments This was so much fun. I enjoyed putting a box together just as much I enjoyed receiving one.
Thanks Jackie. My mug was in the mailbox on the 13th. I love it!!!
Tera, so glad that you got your box on time; I was a little worried about that. Enjoy!

message 42: by Mary (new)

Mary Crabtree (boonebridgebookscom) | 88 comments Pam wrote: "I got a copy of "97 Ways to Make Your Dog Smile"! I love it - and I know that my pups will love it when I start trying out the suggestions in the book!

Thank you so much Mary!!"

Yay Pam! I know you love dogs so I thought you'd enjoy this little book. I really like the plastic cup trick where you have 3 upside down cups on the floor and hide a treat inside one...and mix em up and see your puppy can pick the right one!

message 43: by Mary (new)

Mary Crabtree (boonebridgebookscom) | 88 comments Kristie Faye - Thank you so much for the DVD of Bee Season! I haven't seen it....have't read it so am primed to watch it. I've set a popcorn date with myself friday night. This has been so much fun.

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments Thanks, Kristen! I love it!

message 45: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (Kristen120378) You are very welcome Hannah, glad you like it!

This was so much fun. I think we should do it every year - as Shawna stated "Chicks know Chicks" and it's nice to get a gift that I actually like. My boyfriend hasn't figured out yet that gifts should be tailored to the person who's getting the gift's taste, not the gift giver. For example, funny story. My birthday is in the beginning of December so my he thought it would be nice to get my a Christmas tree ornament for my birthday from Hallmark - I don't put up a tree (which he had known about before said gift was bought. And for Christmas he got me a "Precious Moments" Snowglobe. Now, sweet and romantic as that is, I have never collected them, nor am I that kinda girl. Holli can vouge for it. I think she's the one on here that knows me the best. At least I got a good laugh from them.

message 46: by Holli (last edited Feb 18, 2009 01:52PM) (new)

Holli Oh god the snow globe story!! I'm sorry but that still makes me laugh :) LOL

I almost fell off my chair when Kristen told me what she got for Christmas.......

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

To whom ever had me.. haven't recieved mine. But the mail here can be dreadful! I meant to post earlier. I will keep checking we are still waiting for some Christmas presents!

Thauna I haven't seen you post that you recieved yours. I hope you get it.. I sent it with a friend two weeks ago..they were mailing it from California.. so please let me know if you haven't recieved it and I will follow up and make sure they sent it!

message 48: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
I was yours Katie. I was afraid of the mail thing. I wasnt sure how long to give it and I am sure I didnt give it enough time. I left the price tag on for customs although I felt bad about that. I hope you like it and keep an eye out for it I sent it USPS.

message 49: by Thauna (last edited Feb 18, 2009 07:29PM) (new)

Thauna I still am presentless. :o(

message 50: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
Ill message your secret chick to see what the status is Thauna

« previous 1