The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

team Peeta or team Gale, movie or book, and why?

Comments (showing 1-49 of 49) (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Johanna the Hydrofax example: Team Peeta because he is super hot in the movie

Courtney GALE AND PEETA

message 3: by Ava (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ava Dobson Team Peeta ALL THE WAY!! I am probably Peeta's biggest fan and DON'T I KNOW IT!!! I loved Peeta in the book AND the movie plus Josh Hutcherson is my favorite actor! Peeta is sweet and kind and brave and has a way with words that could make any girl swoon.

Johanna the Hydrofax i wasn't sure when i read the book because peeta was nice but gale had...i don't know, spirit? but then i saw the movie ;)

Johanna the Hydrofax ...just read my comment. realized it sounded very shallow. i apologize.

Courtney ok then..

Orley Team Peeta in the book and the movie because he is an amazing character. He's brave, kind, goodhearted and he'd do anything for Katniss which I think is so romantic :)

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas I was Team Gale untill I found out it was Gale's bomb that killed Prim, even if it was Coin's orders.

Chelsea Denisse Team Peeta. Because well Peeta was Peeta. He was nice and sweet and he was willing to give up his own life for Katniss's. And I would pick the book because it made me experience more emotions than the movie and I feel that the movie left out a lot of the best scene's so the people that haven't read the book really don't get the full impact of the story.

message 10: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "Team Peeta. Because well Peeta was Peeta. He was nice and sweet and he was willing to give up his own life for Katniss's. And I would pick the book because it made me experience more emotions than ..."

k

message 11: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia can we do both Gale and petta?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

up until mockingjay i was team gale. after the end i really didnt care. in the movie im team gale all the way simply because i think the relationship the actors of peeta and katniss (i forgot their names) had was REALLY awkward. i dont think they had any chemistry and it bummed me out. gale and katniss were a bit better but overall the whole movie was awkward.

message 13: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Fran wrote: "up until mockingjay i was team gale. after the end i really didnt care. in the movie im team gale all the way simply because i think the relationship the actors of peeta and katniss (i forgot their..."

yea that would be bit on the awakward side

message 14: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia which team can pick from, or can do both?

message 15: by Cassie (last edited Oct 14, 2012 07:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cassie Team Peeta by default, since Gale just gave up in the end. That makes it obvious to me that Peeta cared more.
Plus, Peeta wasn't even aware of how much he cared, and STILL cared more than Gale.

Plus, i like how Peeta's attachment developed. It's much more interesting that BFF Forever's ending up together, just as everyone expects.

Book or movie? I don't know. I preferred parts of the movie to parts of the book, and vise versa.

message 16: by snow (new) - rated it 4 stars

snow in the books peeta irritated me honestly. never did like his character. fortunately though in the movie peeta doesn't appear to be as annoying as he is on paper. in the books, i always favoured gale.

Chelsea Denisse Peace wrote: "can we do both Gale and petta?"

Yeah, there are lots of people on both sides.

Vivian Both but I liked Gale better at first!

Trudy Team PEETA!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Team Gale because I dislike Peeta

and why are there literally like 20 threads for one question!?

Paigemcgov McGovern BOTH! THEY ARE BOTH GOOD LOOKIN'! I MEAN PEETA, OH YEAH AND GALE YEAH! BUT I GUESS PEETA! :D

Paigemcgov McGovern IN BOTH

Paigemcgov McGovern Movie AND book!

Scarlet Rose Team gale all the way;)
absolutely adored him in the books
He was so hot in the film
ND he looked really cute with katniss
Hate peeta- he's a bread boy??
and can't even take care of himself

Johanna the Hydrofax he can disguise himself as a cake :D

message 26: by Jeni (last edited Oct 17, 2012 08:33AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jeni Movie
Team Haymitch

Editing: I realized I didn't give my whys.

I liked the movie because I felt one of the main things this series lacked was the "show, don't tell" rule. I enjoyed seeing the action much more than reading about Katniss's post-faint retelling of events.

As for why I say Haymich, I think Katniss actually was a bit animated and fiery around Haymitch and I could actually see some personality in her during their verbal sparring sessions. He brings out the personality in her and she was seriously lacking one in the books.

All my own opinion, of course.

Daisy W TEAM EFFIE!
the book is always better than the movie! ;D

message 28: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A book and movie Peeta :) i love him,he's sweet,kind ,beautiful, brave,kind, sweet and oh i said that, he's just my type,so PEETA!

Abel20 gale

Johanna the Hydrofax Daisyluvspinkiepie wrote: "TEAM EFFIE!
the book is always better than the movie! ;D"

i dont think katniss wants to marry effie... just saying...

Jonny Holstead The hunger games are the hunger games, Not twilight

Jakob Isabella wrote: "I was Team Gale untill I found out it was Gale's bomb that killed Prim, even if it was Coin's orders."

Do you realise that you probabyl just spoiled one of the most woooooow-moments in the book? People here haven't necessarily written the rest of the series, this is a discussion for the first book only :)

Johanna the Hydrofax that is true... you may have just killed some poor child's appreciation and excitement and anticipation for the series

message 34: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Johanna wrote: "that is true... you may have just killed some poor child's appreciation and excitement and anticipation for the series"

quite true there.

message 35: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia maybe bit of both

message 36: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Book and Gale. I mean sure the characters for the movie were great and all, but they did the characters NO JUSTICE- AT ALL!!!!! Gale connects with Katniss on a level Peeta could never understand. Besides, they are REALLY cute together! <3
Ok... maybe I'm a little bias because Gale's more my type then Peeta, but :P
~17

message 37: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Vampire17 wrote: "Book and Gale. I mean sure the characters for the movie were great and all, but they did the characters NO JUSTICE- AT ALL!!!!! Gale connects with Katniss on a level Peeta could never understand. B..."

that is true there. i read bit from the book, then watch the movie, i though Gale was bit more understanding 2 kat.

Madelyn Gale ofcourse because he has been there for her the whole time and the book becuase it goes into detail way better than the movie

Demigod of donuts peeta in the movie because i love josh hutcherson, i don't like liam hemsworth he is engaged/married to miley cyrus

Elizabeth M. Peeta, because he didn't leave Katniss like Gale did even after all they've been through, and the book because they have so much more in them than the movies

Hallie Peeta

message 42: by S.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.M. McEachern Gale. I always like to place myself in the role of the main female character and at the end of the series I had to ask myself this: did I want my happily ever after to be with a man who was going to get me fat on cheese bread, or spend my days hiking through the woods with a hot guy doing something we both enjoyed doing: hunting. In the end, I picked Gale. He's hot and a life with him would've meant lower cholesterol.

message 43: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia S.m. wrote: "Gale. I always like to place myself in the role of the main female character and at the end of the series I had to ask myself this: did I want my happily ever after to be with a man who was going..."

yea that would be.

message 44: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Gale

Marah Isabella wrote: "I was Team Gale untill I found out it was Gale's bomb that killed Prim, even if it was Coin's orders."

I couldn't agree more!

Lauren P. Sam wrote: "I like Gale better than Peeta."

Me too! Gale seems strong and reliable.

Maddie Dredger im conflicted

Vivian Lauren wrote: "Sam wrote: "I like Gale better than Peeta."

Me too! Gale seems strong and reliable."

Same! Besides, Katniss knew Gale longer.

message 49: by Nuha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nuha Emam peeta in the book and the movie because I love josh hutcherson so much .. but I love the book more than the move .. !!