Chicks On Lit discussion

Girl Talk > Chicks Give Away

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Feb 16, 2009 01:18PM) (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
We have had some lovely offers of donations (and are open to more through the day). This is how it will work. Come here and blow out your virtual candle and make ONE birthday wish. You cant say your wish out loud but ... there is no rule about typing it!
From all the birthday wishes through the day I will then take them and put them in a hat and draw out names (the virtual random generator I wanted to use wont work on GR). Tomorrow morning I will announce the winners.

Hannah is offering a Soy Candle in scent of your choice made by Hannah Won By ASHLEY!
Sydney has donated a loom knit scarf it the color of the winners choosing Won By Meg
Amanda has donated some Yumalicious tea from her shop Tea Hugger. Won by Thauna, Sydney, Jackie and Marsha (she was awesome enough to send enough I could divide it up to 4 winners.
Holli has donated a "book of your choice".Won by Hannah
Cyndi is donating a cute picture frame.Won by Courtney
Me have an itunes gift card Won by Holli
Me I am having my husband design a simple stamp for me with chick prints crossing over it and underneath "Chicks On Lit" and My Name and one with just Chicks On Lit. I am having them made up and it will be sent to me. I am going to make up one for the winner also with their name on it. Won by Cindy

After his mock up is made I will post it for all of you to use and link up the site I found that will make custom rubber stamps if anyone else wants to have one made up.
I thought it would be fun to stick in cards/books and on the box that will be sent to the Night Night Project.
I know others said they would like to donate things but I never got confirmation back from them so if you are one of those chicks and would like to donate something please let me know TODAY so I can add it to our give away list.
Thanks,
T~

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I wish that this year is the year my wish comes true ***blowing out my birthday candle now***

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I wish...for a happy & healthy year for my family and friends! blowing out my candle...now!....

message 4: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (CHill77) I wish for a year filled with happiness, love, laughter and many memories with my COL friends. ***blowing out my candle***

message 5: by Thauna (new)

Thauna I wish for my heart's wish to come true ***blowing out my candle***

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* I wish for a good year..filled with my family and lots of love for you guys too. ****blowing out my candle****

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (SydneyH) My wish for the year is for good health, for good friends, for my family, and for good books!

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments I wish for good health & happiness for those I love! **blowing out candle**

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) I am wishing for Hubby & I to move to a place where we find our peace and another fantastic year with my Chicks! (Blowing out my candle now!)

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I am wishing for health and happiness for myself, my family, and all my Goodreads Chicks!!! **blowing out my candle**

message 11: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I am wishing for good health for me and all our Goodread chicks. I wish we find fabulous reads throughout the year and that our great discussions continue. ***blowing out my candle***

message 12: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I wish for tranquility for myself, and success for my friends -- poooofffff and out goes my candle.

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (FindingJackie) | 214 comments I wish for peace and wellness in my life and happines for my family and friends.

Oh and I want to know what Holli's one wish is.

message 14: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Mcdonald | 20 comments I wish for inner peace and the abbility to find lots of helpfu little deeds I can do. Whooosh...candle's out. SherryMcD

message 15: by Holli (new)

Holli LOL....and I thought I got away with that one Jackie!

I can't ever tell my wish or it won't come true..... ;)

message 16: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
Winners announced it OP

message 17: by Holli (last edited Feb 15, 2009 06:59AM) (new)

Holli Oh my god I won an Itunes gift card?! That is AWESOME!!!! I'm thrilled....I love my Itunes.....thanks Tera!!

Geez....seems to be a lucky kinda month for me huh? ;)

Hannah---message me what book you would like and I'll send it on its way to ya!

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) Yay! I actually won something. It must be my lucky day! I never win anything. I'm super excited about my picture frame, I bet it's beautiful! :)

THANK YOU Cyndi, Tera, and Chicks on Lit!!

message 19: by Thauna (new)

Thauna Yeah!!! I'm excited about winning some yummy tea! My stash at work needs to be replenished. Thank you Amanda!!!

message 20: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (SydneyH) Meg- I sent you a message regarding your scarf! Congrats!

message 21: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Thanks, Amanda!

message 22: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I am so excited! thank you so much, I never win.

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments I won, woohoo! Holli & Ashley, I'll message you.

message 24: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
Thauna, Sydney, Jackie and Marsha I have the tea that Amanda donated so I will be sending your package out. I think I have all of your addresses from the present exchange but if you want it sent to a different address or it's changed or you didn't take part in the present exchange and I don't have your address please message me.

message 25: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (SydneyH) cool! I didn't even know I won!

message 26: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm looking forward to getting my Itunes gift card...I already know exactly what I'm using it for! Again, thanks so much Tera!

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments Ashley, I sent you a message w/my scents. Just let me know which one you want & your address. :)

message 28: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
Okay again I have to apologize. I am getting things together to send them out and should have them all out by Monday (hopefully tomorrow but Mon at the latest). So Thauna, Sydney, Jackie, Marsha and Holli keep an eye out.

Cindy yours will take a bit longer since it is being made by a company and then shipped to me. They say to allow 4-6 weeks for shipping and once I get it it will be about another week till it gets to you.

Thanks for being patient with me.
love ya all!
T~

message 29: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Don't worry about it, Tera. You've been sick, and a surprise in the mail is cool whenever it arrives.

message 30: by Thauna (new)

Thauna I agree with Marsha...I'll be happy whenever it arrives! Don't stress over it, we know you've been sick. And take it easy!

message 31: by Holli (new)

Holli I agree...take your time! :)

message 32: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Wow, I just realized I even won anything; where have I been! Tera, sounds like such a neat idea and thanks so much. No worries! :)

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments Ashley,
Got it, thanks! Will send it out this week. :)

message 34: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Tera, I told you a surprise in the mail is always cool, and it was! When I opened my mailbox today and found a package with your name on it, I had no idea at first what it was, and then I remembered the tea.

Amanda, that tea smells so good that I'm tempted to put it out in a bowl as potpourri! Thanks!

message 35: by Thauna (new)

Thauna I got my tea yesterday too! Yippee, thank you Amanda! And thank you Tera for mailing it to me!

message 36: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (Earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Tera, maybe I'm crazy, but I noticed some ink marks on the envelope that the tea came in, and I swear they look like the marks of tiny little chick feet! Please tell me that you put them there!

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 301 comments Holli,
I was so happy to get the Edgar Sawtelle book...thank you so much!

message 38: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2530 comments Mod
lol you caught that Marsha? Yeah that was me.

message 39: by Holli (new)

Holli You are so very welcome Hannah!! Enjoy it :)

message 40: by Holli (new)

Holli I rec'd my Itunes card today Tera! Thank you so much....you are wonderful!!!

message 41: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Sydney

I just received your beautiful, woven purple scarf. It is wonderful, soft and perfect. Thank you so much, what a wonderful surprise!

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments Holy smokes, gals. I JUST saw this thread today. Where have I been???