She-Geeks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Revolution

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Anybody here watching this show? I'm still kind of on the fence about it (I get the feeling somebody somewhere said "Hey, The Walking Dead is popular, let's do that but minus the zombies!"), but I've been watching it every week so I must be at least somewhat interested.

What's keeping me watching is the whole mystery surrounding why the power went out, that's what's really keeping me going. It's a bit soap opera-ish, but I'm enjoying Billy Burke and the girl that plays Charlie there - her acting is growing on me with each episode.

Anna  (Bananas!) | 758 comments I was interested in this but nothing really pulled me in. I love the concept. I'm thinking of checking it out on Hulu, since I accidentally deleted the episodes I'd recorded.
I'm curious how it's soap opera-ish. Is there a lot of drama? Romance?

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Mostly a lot if drama with a really obvious Romeo & Juliet romance in the works (between the lead Charlie and a guy from the militia).

message 4: by Rose (new)

Rose | 14 comments I just can't get into this show. Every one is too fresh faced and clean for it to be the apocalypse. Good premise but something's lacking for me.

message 5: by Portia (new)

Portia (PortiaDawn) | 15 comments its not an apocalypse its a time without technology

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) To be fair it is about 15 years after a semi-apocalypse. I don't know if an extended period of disorder and decay is considered an apocalypse in the case of this show because the world didn't end per se (as it would, with let's say, a meteor destroying large portions of the earth or a zombie pandemic), it just had to change drastically. And in theory, the technology to bring all the power back is there just waiting to be discovered by, I assume, our plucky young band of roving adventurers.

Having said that, everybody is a little well-washed for being on the road for weeks or months upon end, although I totally buy that people in townships and encampments would probably be more or less fairly well groomed. They would have set up showers and the like a long time ago (if there's something most people love, it's to wash the grime off at the end of the day).

message 7: by JaeRavenClaw (new)

JaeRavenClaw (AngelousPeacock) | 30 comments I watch it every now and then, I was watching the latest episode last night. It's not that compelling for me. In the beginning, I was interested, but not so much now. I really only watch it for Giancarlo Esposito, he's a great actor, loved him in Breaking Bad. Other than that, it's not a top show for me.

message 8: by Zina (new)

Zina | 9 comments I have been watching the show every week. I think I keep coming back because I like the character Charlie and I curious to learn more about the situation with Charlie's mother and the whole power thing.

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy I watched the first few episodes, but I can't really get myself excited about watching any further. I just don't care about any of the characters. Several people I work with feel the same way. If they killed off Charlie, perhaps the show would be more interesting. Also, the writers keep dangling threads without tying any up. If you're never going to provide me with answers, I'm going to stop watching.

message 10: by Bob (new)

Bob I'm curious to see where they are going to take the show. With J.J. Abrams one of the minds behind Lost and Eric Kripke the mind behind Supernatural I think we are all in for quite a ride.

message 11: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (biblioseph) (auroralector) Bob wrote: "I'm curious to see where they are going to take the show. With J.J. Abrams one of the minds behind Lost and Eric Kripke the mind behind Supernatural I think we are all in for quite a ride."

Oh. This is that show? Interesting.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire After I watched the first episode, it wasn't automatically my favorite but I thought it had enough potential to follow it and I think it's done pretty well so far. Now if only NBC would bring it back before the end of March!

message 13: by Mari (new)

Mari | 12 comments I think it's a great show. The only thing I don't like about it is the main character Charlie and her brother. I like it when they focus more on the adults.

message 14: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 45 comments Josephine wrote: "Bob wrote: "I'm curious to see where they are going to take the show. With J.J. Abrams one of the minds behind Lost and Eric Kripke the mind behind Supernatural I think we are all in for quite a r..."

Is it anything like Supernatural?
Looking for something to replace it when I've finished catching up :)

message 15: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (FrejaFolkvangar) | 111 comments I watched the first six episodes because I love dystopian/post-apocalyptic, but just got too annoyed with the show. It was convoluted and the science fails were frustrating, Charlie drove me crazy (as did her perfectly styled subtle wave hair in a post-apoc environment), I couldn't care less about how much she hates her stepmom even if all she ever did was help her brother's asthma and save Charlie from rapists, and there were bizarre things going on with the whole Confederacy vibe as well as the minority characters being the ones who want to reestablish America (cause, y'know, the status quo was so good to them).

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (FrejaFolkvangar) | 111 comments It just seemed like The Hunger Games and The Walking Dead were popular so they ran with it, without bothering to think it through or flesh out the world and characters.

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Batsap wrote: "Josephine wrote: "Bob wrote: "I'm curious to see where they are going to take the show. With J.J. Abrams one of the minds behind Lost and Eric Kripke the mind behind Supernatural I think we are al..."

Not really. I'd say it's similar to
Dies the Fire (Emberverse, #1) by S.M. Stirling than anything.

message 18: by Sky (new)

Sky (honeyboyx) I have a love/hate relationship with this show. But the finale last night was pretty awesome.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.