You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Kat's OctToppler

Comments (showing 1-44 of 44) (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Ooh that sounds spooky. You go, Kat!

message 3: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Kat, you have been gone a while. Well into reading, are you? Or the warm bed lured you in? ;)

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments I'm packing - boo!

message 5: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Oh, are you going on a trip?

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29911 comments How's the packing going?

message 7: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Are you packing a pistol since you are in the midst of Carnivorous Nights: On the Trail of the Tasmanian Tiger?

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Kat wrote: "I'm packing - boo!"

No, I'm moving house in just over two weeks *freaks out*. It's not going all that well....I started on my books and just got caught up reading the back of books I forgot I had!

So far I've read 60 pages of Carnivorous Nights: On the Trail of the Tasmanian Tiger which is very interesting but the narrator is irritating me a little, and 130 pages of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks which has really got me hooked!

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Congratulations on the new house! It is exciting but moving is a real chore, isn't it?

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29911 comments Yeah, you should have left the books till last. Good luck with the rest of the packing, and the moving.

message 11: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments LOL! Congratulations and good luck and leave those books alone or you'll never finish. :p

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Maybe I should pack them with my eyes closed - or get my boyfriend to pack them so I don't see them!

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments I've only had an hour or so for reading today, which is another 60 pages or so of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, hopefully tomorrow will be more productive!

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Ah Tuesday is my day! I've finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which doesn't fit into the Witches Brew category, but gives me 370 pages so far :-D

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

you need to get packing. if only so you can have the fun of unpacking & putting them all on shelves - that's my favourite bit.

message 16: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments That's what I'm most looking forward to Helen! Plus I'm getting a brand new bookshelf rather than the tiny one I have now, so then I can also buy new books to fill it up!

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments 55 pages of Death with Interruptions also read today. Shame I couldn't find an audiobook that I really clicked with :( - I started War Child: A Child Soldier's Story but only got about 45 minutes in - but tomorrow I've got commuting time to get into it a little more!

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Kat wrote: "That's what I'm most looking forward to Helen! Plus I'm getting a brand new bookshelf rather than the tiny one I have now, so then I can also buy new books to fill it up!"

You go girl! Can't have any empty shelves. I sense a book-buying spree ahead. :-)

message 19: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Is there anything better than browsing through books, deciding ones to buy, or checkout? Sometimes that's even more fun than reading them :)

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Is there anything better than browsing through books, deciding ones to buy, or checkout? Sometimes that's even more fun than reading them :)"

I spend far more time browsing books than actually reading them - I could spend all day in a bookstore and regularly spend several hours just looking at Amazon recommendations!

I should probably wait until I've moved until buying more books - now I'll just have more to move!

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Squirreling those books away! : )

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments You have some optimum gophering time coming up.

message 23: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Oct 17, 2012 08:51AM) (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29911 comments There be vermin in these threads!

message 24: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) Did you box the books or bundle and tie them?

message 25: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments My boyfriend is boxing them as I type. We just had an argument about how best to stack them - he says books should be uniform sizes!

message 26: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Still plodding along - I need to sit down and just FOCUS for a while, but flicking between books is not helping.

Hopefully I can finish at least one book today!

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Kat wrote: "My boyfriend is boxing them as I type. We just had an argument about how best to stack them - he says books should be uniform sizes!"

HaHa HaHa *laughing, laughing*
Now, that would be nice!

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Now that'd make book organising far less fun though!

message 29: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments OK, finally done with Carnivorous Nights: On the Trail of the Tasmanian Tiger - which was OK but the narration - grrrr!

With 336 pages, and a 500 page bonus for it being Witches Brew, I've now got 1206 pages to buy treats - yay! I just don't know what to read....

message 30: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Yay! Quickly find something to read. :)

message 31: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Yippiee for Kat!

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Harrah! Way to Go, Girl! ; )

message 33: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments OK let's see if I can add up. This may get ugly ;-)

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks 370 pages
Carnivorous Nights: On the Trail of the Tasmanian Tiger 336 pages + 500 pages for Witches Brew (October Challenge)
When the Storm Passes 196 pages (Treat)
Dark Inside 368 pages + 500 pages for Witches Brew (R book for Rainbow Challenge).

I get 2270 from that - please feel free to correct me, anyone!

message 34: by Judy (last edited Oct 21, 2012 09:12AM) (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Nice job, Kat, especially since you were so sick during the week! I'm finding the following badges:

Participation badge
4 Treats
2 Witches Brews

Your books did double duty with a Buddy Read and Monthly Challenge and will CNotTofTT count for AtW?

message 35: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Not three bad. I'm pleased I managed to multi-task so many! CNotTofTT will not count for AtW as I have to be patriotic and class Tasmania as part of Australia, and I've already read an Australian book for that ;)

message 36: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Too bad about CNotTofTT. If you want a laugh, try to say CNotTofTT outloud. It almost sounds like a sneeze. (Okay, my sense of humor is a little sleep deprived this morning.)

message 37: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments LOL! It does sound like a sneeze. It actually took me a few minutes to work out what the abbreviation was for - I think I'm also a little sleep deprived!

message 38: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Judy wrote: "Too bad about CNotTofTT. If you want a laugh, try to say CNotTofTT outloud. It almost sounds like a sneeze. (Okay, my sense of humor is a little sleep deprived this morning.)"

LOL, Judy!

message 39: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Wow, Kat, you managed to read so much even though you weren't well. Woohoo! Hope you are feeling better.

message 40: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Yup fighting fit and ready for work tomorrow *sigh*.

message 41: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Ah, work. *sigh*

message 42: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Great job! You got a lot read, especially with being sick.

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Yes, that is an amazing week for everything you had going!

message 44: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 5763 comments Packing books is an art. Your boyfriend is right about the uniform sizes!

Good job on finishing the toppler.