Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Monthly book > Oct-Nov The Beginning and The Bridge

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 441 comments Mod
Ok folks,

Here is the thread for the book of the month. I figured we could do the Prequel, The Beginning, and the novel The Bridge since they go together. Remember to warn us if you are going to spoil something ***spoiler alert*** Feel free to discuss the Prequel for now until The Bridge comes out! I will post questions once The Bridge is out.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Just finished The Bridge! LOVED IT! Here are some discussion questions

1. Who did you identify with in this book and why?

2. Has there been a place in your life where you can go to, like The Bridge, that is a place of solace and encouragement?

3. What do you think held the characters back from revealing their true feelings to each other when they had the chance the first time?

4.What does The Bridge represent to each Character in the book?

5. Why do you think Molly is so drawn to Jane Eyre? What role does this classical piece of literature play in the story?

6. The theme that God is a God of Second Chances runs throughout the whole book. We see it mainly in Ryan and Molly's life, but in what other ways was it reflected throughout the story?

7. Reflect on your own life...when did you get a second chance?

8. Do you believe that Books can change lives, or give a new perspective to someone, like Charlie did? Why?

9. Since Charlie and Donna couldn't have a family, they created their own. What is your definition of family?

10. Is there a particular novel that inspires you like Jane Eyre inspired Molly?

message 3: by Janet Marie Dowell (last edited Nov 11, 2012 03:21PM) (new)

Janet Marie Dowell | 16 comments To me, books are treasures! They can change lives because I believe they are like friends who help us see situations differently!

The Bridge represented "The Bridge" back to God!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments Janet Marie Dowell wrote: "To me, books are treasures! They can change lives because I believe they are like friends who help us see situations differently!"

That's a neat way to put it, Janet. I agree!

Janet Marie Dowell | 16 comments Thanks Barbara!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Hadn't thought about that Janet! I like that!

Janet Marie Dowell | 16 comments Thanks Jennifer!

Janet Marie Dowell | 16 comments I added a photo of Karen & I!

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky | 3 comments I loved this book. God is a God of second and third and fourth chances.
This story went beyond the books to the family Charlie and Donna created at The Bridge.
I think that the book represents so many Bridges in our lives, whether they be back to someone or something, or something much greater.