Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Stand Alones > The Beginning

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 441 comments Mod
It's the Prequel to The Bridge. You can get it as and e-short on Amazon for like .99 cents. Read it in forty min and loved it! Can't wait to read The Bridge. Feel free to discuss The Beginning here in this thread.

message 2: by Rebecca "Rebaka" (last edited Oct 16, 2012 03:01PM) (new)

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (Becca4ever) | 16 comments Everyone should have a place to go like Donna and Charlie's place. This is a story of how you can get though thru great sorrow and everyday with God's help. Bookstores are my favorite places to go. You can enjoy such warm atmosphere there and learn so much from others.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments I found it very short, but extremely enjoyable. The characters are marvelous, and the idea of the bookstore has so many neat possibilities. It certainly made me look forward to The Bridge.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 13 comments I loved THE BEGINNING! I read it the day of release while at the gym. It's really hard to walk on the treadmill with tears in your eyes! No matter how short a story, Karen always draws me in. A great little teaser for THE BRIDGE.

message 5: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (sweetpea8810) | 10 comments "The Beginning" was amazing. I love that Donna and Charlie started The Bridge bookstore. I would love to visit that bookstore if it was real. They were changing lives. I also loved his the dates of Donna and Edna were the same. Wow that was a God moment for sure. Karen Kingsbury knows how to write great amazing stories. Even though it was short, it was still great. I can't wait to read"The Bridge" and learn more about Molly and Ryan.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 441 comments Mod
I guessed the dates would be the same for Donna and Edna. Loved the idea of the scrapbook! I would almost love to do that with each of the kids I come across in my classroom.