♥Calling All Fangirls♥ discussion

Debates <3 > Facebook!!!!

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 3635 comments Mod
The ever-expanding Facebook isn't just popular, it's some people's LIVES.

What do you think about Facebook? Should teens be exposed to its addictive qualities? Is it good, bad? Do you have a facebook? etc.

message 2: by Lottie (new)

Lottie Eve (LottieEve) | 149 comments Goodreads is my Facebook XD
My parents do not allow me to use Facebook and I have nothing interesting going on in my life so....

message 3: by Steffi (last edited Oct 13, 2012 11:43PM) (new)

Steffi After much persuading by my friends, I finally decided to make a Facebook :) I do find it really addictive and it does tend to distract me from my homework :p So my friend and I make this pact each week that we won't go on it til Friday night and it works :) cos we want to get some work done and don't want to let the other one down! I think Facebook is good cos you can keep in touch with friends and see what everyone is up to and all that but it's quite a time-waster. I could spend a few hours on it just 'liking' and 'commenting' on things and chatting to people when I could be doing something more productive with my time... like going on Goodreads! Haha ;)

message 4: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

I think I'm going to be 14 when I get a facebook since that's when I'll go to high school. Before then I don't really need one or want one. I just turned 13 and I'm in seventh grade, and I'd so much rather have a phone than a Facebook. Facbeook looks fun and I want one, but I'm fine with waiting another year or so until i get one.

message 5: by Nikki, The Curious One (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (NikkiSoj) | 938 comments Mod
Facebook is the home of creepy stalkers

Amber (the smiling cupcake) (AmberCyan) | 96 comments i don't have it, but its fine by me. my friend isn't allowed it until she's 16!

message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 318 comments I got one over the summer and I barely use it. Goodreads is way better.

Nikki *Otaku wrote: "Facebook is the home of creepy stalkers"
So true!

Jessica (Goldenfurpro) (Goldenfurproductions) | 638 comments A few summers ago, some friends at camp peer pressured me to get a facebook (because I don't have a cell phone! BLAH). Anyway, we talked on there a few times and just dropped it. I basically never go on facebook anymore

Facebook? boring!!!!!
Goodreads? Where the fun is at!! XD

message 9: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Goodreads is what I use for Facebook!

message 10: by Erika (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 318 comments Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "A few summers ago, some friends at camp peer pressured me to get a facebook (because I don't have a cell phone! BLAH). Anyway, we talked on there a few times and just dropped it. I basically never ..."

Yeah that was my reason for getting a facebook but really the only camp friend I talk to is actually on Goodreads.

message 11: by Lottie (new)

Lottie Eve (LottieEve) | 149 comments I always try to use social networks but I get bored of then quickly goodreads is the only one I do not get bored with. :)

message 12: by Nikki, The Curious One (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (NikkiSoj) | 938 comments Mod
Yeah Goodreads is the only social network I like to use

message 13: by Marrie , The Weird One (new)

Marrie  | 4142 comments Mod
Even though I have a facebook I'm hardly on it. I just like Goodreads and tumblr better.

message 14: by Steffi (new)

Steffi Damieka wrote: "Even though I have a facebook I'm hardly on it. I just like Goodreads and tumblr better."

I'm on Tumblr too! Those are like the three websites I circulate (is that a word?) around. Tumblr, Goodreads and Facebook!

message 15: by Marrie , The Weird One (new)

Yeah that's a word. And oh my gosh! I love tumblr! I really like the inspirational blogs and stuff like that. There are some bad blogs but a lot of them are amazing and it's a great place for fandoms:)

message 16: by Marrie , The Weird One (new)

She has one? I knew John Green did and his is just, omfg, amazing!

message 17: by Jessica (Goldenfurpro) (last edited Oct 27, 2012 06:47PM) (new)

Jessica (Goldenfurpro) (Goldenfurproductions) | 638 comments Fari wrote: "I don't have a Tumblr account...but I always look at Cassandra Clare's Tumblr just because it's so awesome!"

*searches for her Tumblr*

message 18: by Steffi (last edited Oct 29, 2012 09:03PM) (new)

Steffi Damieka wrote: "Yeah that's a word. And oh my gosh! I love tumblr! I really like the inspirational blogs and stuff like that. There are some bad blogs but a lot of them are amazing and it's a great place for fando..."

I agree! There are some bad ones that I come across but there are also some incredibly inspirational ones too ;)

message 19: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  | 60 comments I got facebook when I was 11 to play games like farmville and then I started secondry school and suddenly everyone in my year had one. It was great at first because I could get to know some of my new friends but then it just got boring and annoying and gives loads of people an excuse to know your business. So I just don't use it now except to contact people as most of my friends go on facebook but not email, phone or anything else half as much.

Goodreads is WAY better and it's so great that people aren't really judgemental! I love Goodreads soooo much especially since it's about BOOKS!!!

message 20: by Clary ♡. (new)

Clary ♡. Well i have my facebook and before was good but now i prefer twitter or goodreads of course.

I think that facebook is bured

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (Taggerung) I jut got an fb to stay in touch with my friends from TEC and those that have gone off to college. I love it, it's great. I'm not friending people I don't know and just, the main purpose is to stay In touch because so few text anymore. And Iove goodreads better simply because its like a combo of fb, books, and rping :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a facebook (my mom won't let me until I'm 13-ish) and I don't really want one. There's so much drama, and half of the parents that let their kids have facebook accounts don't know about the bullying and all that. And least according to the people that I know who do have accounts. And I don't really have friends who have an account on it... So I don't know if I really want to. It just seems like a really drama-y social network.
And Goodreads IS my Facebook. :)

message 23: by [Coco] (new)

[Coco] (mattyhealy) Nikki *Otaku wrote: "Facebook is the home of creepy stalkers"

It's hard not to stalk people on FB. (: I've had one for awhile now, but I don't use it much so I guess it doesn't distract me like it does to some people. I think the real problem now is Twitter. Or Tumblr.

message 24: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Oh my god my mom is a real life Facebook stalker. :P Lol. Not really but I'll find her looking up her old friends from high school or something. then when I say she's a stalker she gets all offended. I'm like, "Mom, you're crazy"

message 25: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Hadley wrote: "I don't have a facebook (my mom won't let me until I'm 13-ish) and I don't really want one. There's so much drama, and half of the parents that let their kids have facebook accounts don't know abou..."

Haha Goodreads is my FB too! Even though I guess i'm old enough to get one my mom won't let me. C'mon i'm 13! :PP

message 26: by Jazmin♥ (new)

Jazmin♥ (JazminSerrano) | 32 comments I have a facebook and I think that teens should be able to do what they want without getting in trouble

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ (Faithfait) (My facebook is GR) GR = Facebook

Goodreads > Facebook

message 28: by Bronte Ellen (new)

Bronte Ellen | 84 comments Exactly! Why have Facebook when you have Goodreads!?....I do have Facebook though and think its rubbish and cloggs up my email account.

message 29: by Mercy Emma (new)

Mercy Emma (mercyem) | 705 comments FB is okay.. its good for contacting people, and thats about it!

message 30: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

I want to try Facebook but I think i'd like GR better anyway.... haha

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ (Faithfait) You will like GR better. Facebook doesn't make you laugh like GR does ^.^

message 32: by Mercy Emma (new)

Mercy Emma (mercyem) | 705 comments it depends, actually, on what pages you like.. like some pages put up really funny memes and stuff.

example: http://pinterest.com/pin/550987954122... some pages put up Teenage Posts like that, and they are SO funny!

message 33: by Alyssa (last edited Jan 13, 2013 12:29PM) (new)

Alyssa I don't have a Facebook, but even if/when I get one, I don't think I'll use it very much. I'll just use it to talk to my friends (they don't email a lot which is why.) I use Tumblr way more often.

message 34: by Mercy Emma (new)

Mercy Emma (mercyem) | 705 comments I looove Tumblr!

message 35: by Marrie , The Weird One (new)

Mercy Horan-I dreamed a dream ♥ wrote: "I looove Tumblr!"

Same here. So much better than Facebook. I'm NEVER on facebook. I'm always on either Tumblr or GR.

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa I finally got facebook but all I've ended up doing is playing games and "liking" things xD

message 37: by Marrie , The Weird One (new)

Haha, when I am on all I do is like things too xD