DC Comics Fans discussion

Before Watchmen

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments Anyone else reading these minis?

Against my better judgement I tried a couple of them and while not as earth shaking as DC as tried to make them, there have been some decent stories.
The ones I read:

The Minute men:really nicely done. Good art and some nice characterization.

Nite-Owl: Beautiful Kubert art almost saves a really uneven, heavy handed story.
Nite-Owl is not Batman, stop writing him that way.

Ozymandias: Much better than I'd thought it would be, but still a bit shakey story-wise.

Dr. Manhatten: Pretty art and there's an interesting idea in there that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Makes me wonder what an 'After Watchmen' would be like.

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin Flint | 59 comments they're releasing a new title for Before Watchmen starring Moloch , coming in November

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (BrendaClough) | 130 comments I am enjoying MINUTEMEN but have dropped the others.

message 4: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments Brenda wrote: "I am enjoying MINUTEMEN but have dropped the others."

Minute men is the best of the bunch.
If it weren't for the Kubert art, I'd have dropped Nite-owl.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (RHWright) | 64 comments I'm waiting for the inevitable collections on these. May have to check out Minutemen #4 (out today) with a sweet Steve Rude alternate cover colored by my friend Glenn Whitmore, though. Check out his other cool stuff at http://captainclockwork.com/colorist/

(Don't mean that to seem like a plug, it's just the easiest place I know to see the cover in question.)