Eco Friends discussion

Spread the Word!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 1516 comments Mod
Hey you guys!
I was thinking, I know that maybe if we sent a letter, it might not've done much.
BUT, the least we could do, is at least spread the word around our community!
Maybe do fliers, reminding to be green. Paper? I don't know, but maybe a few, just a remind people! Even if it's not much, maybe people will notify others, and those people would remind those people around them. Friends, family, people, etc. Start small, and get bigger! Put up intresting facts, remind people to be green, put up suggestions to making cool renewable or sustainable things, etc.
Really spread the word any way you can!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Now thats a good idea.I LOVE the idea Kaitie!!We could spread the word but u know not be a wittle too pushy.

message 3: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Thanks!!!!!
:)
I mean, it would be AMAZING if we could spread it all over the world at once, but hey, who knows if they'll actually do it? It would be just better with some people actually doing it, then the world seeing it, and doing nothing at all! Show them! :)

message 4: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ya I like it! (Wrights somthing down)

message 5: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) That's basically what I was saying! Send a chain e-mail to everyone and then they send it to someone in power. Why do you guys think that people in power ALL are soul-sucking ticks? Some really would listen to tons of the same e-mail or letter.

message 6: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Yay!

Wait, but Violet, some people absolutely HATE chainmail. I usually just click read and throw it away. +, Some people may listen to the email, but maybe the won't though, I mean...people who's on email all day, would they go outside and plant trees?

message 7: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ya

message 8: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) But how less are we supposed to "spread the word"?

message 9: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ummm How about we tell our friends and when we are done talking to them, we can tell our friends to pass the word to their friends

message 10: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya,like that!
If you want to sort of encourage them, take them somewhere with you. Like a soup kitchen, a organization that plants trees, shrubs, and bushes, etc. Just something that would help. Perhaps they'lll tell their friends :)

message 11: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Chain e-mail! Hey when I get a chain e-mail I at least read it. I don't always send it on, though.

message 12: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya, exactly
No offense!
But for me, I usually get so much junky crappy dumb chainmail from my friends, I tend to just delete it without even reading it....Unless it says something like "Cute Pictures of ..." Maybe if we add a subject?

message 13: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do mabbby...but some people dont even look at the chain e-mail! My mom only reads the chain e-mail when its by a friend....when you try my Idea...it might make your friends think about helping our earth and then they would talk to there mom and dad...(I am not saying mine is better..there could be a better way then mine)

message 14: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Well we don't say it's chain mail. We just put a catchy topic and do NOT say something like "You'll have bad luck if you don't forward this." Just make is sound good so people will forward it.

message 15: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do hahahahha good one...ya that might work!

message 16: by Kaitie♥ (new)

YOUR?
Ya, people hate it if you say "Forward this to ********** of people or you will get bad luck" But I always think it's a bunch of junk if it says that some organization is donating 15 cents for every email you send it to. I just think, and how do they know again? We could just encourage them. Don't force them, if they think it's right, they'll pass it on

message 17: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) That's what I'm saying.

message 18: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do I agree that forceing anyone to do somthing is bad, we can say "When you are done reading you can pass this mesage on to a friend, or if you dont want to thats ok"

message 19: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya, but not exactly OK.
We don't really have to tell them to pass it on, but maybe encourage them to. Not say it out flatly, but discreetly. ....if they makes sense!

message 20: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do Ya I like that

message 21: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah. So everyone start an e-mail chain and send it to all your friends.

message 22: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Great!
Oky!

message 23: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do oookk! Roger

message 24: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Deal!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Roger?

message 26: by Kaitie♥ (new)

I didn't say that :)

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) I know

message 28: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Max are you going to do it too?

message 29: by Kaitie♥ (new)

You should!

Also, if you want to do more, just tell your friends, or put up some fliers!

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) I don't know maybe....I would hang them up in my school but I would have to get permission and all that beep.

message 31: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Why are you so negative about the whole trying to spread the word about helping the Earth?

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) BECAUSE NO ONE WILL LISTEN!!!!

message 33: by Dibily Do (last edited Feb 17, 2009 04:23PM) (new)

Dibily Do listen to what?

message 34: by Kaitie♥ (new)

I think my school would listen. Like seniors put up posters all the time, facts and everything. My school really does care about the enviroment and stuff. Even after that, we have enviroment days on Monday's, Wednesday's and Fridays'. We clean up classrooms and the outside, and the way we walk up to lunch. Get through to them, they will listen

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) I don't know

message 36: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do the bad thing about my school is...I am homeschooled! And I dont have anyone to tell, but when my friends come over I could tell them....

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) oh

message 38: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) We can do anything we set our minds too. One person can do many things. And a crowd can do more.

message 39: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do like my old public school said "man can move mountains,one stone at a time."

message 40: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah. But that man can move it faster if he had others on his side.

message 41: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Lol
Touche Violet

message 42: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ya touche..............

message 43: by Kaitie♥ (new)

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) :)

message 45: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) That's why we need to get others to help. Spead the word.

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) i guess

message 47: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ya............

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) ya..........

message 49: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do um ya..?

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) ya???????

« previous 1